Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Post below got me thinking. Does anyone still rock to sleep?

I do.  I just can't seem to admit my baby is almost a toddler.  It is a habit.  I think I have only put him down drowsey one or twice.   I know I need to nip it in the butt.  Anyone else in my boat?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Post below got me thinking. Does anyone still rock to sleep?

• I have just this past week decided to stop rocking. Amazingly 3 days in DD is taking less than 5 minutes to fall asleep in her crib on her own!

To be honest though, I LOVED rocking her to sleep. I miss it. Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i did when he was little and then i never had to, but lately on the days I work my mother in law does it for his naps and i guess he's remembering that he likes it so for bed i either have to rock him or pat his back while he's in the crib until he's sleeping.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't rock to sleep but we do cuddle to sleep and I predict we are going to have a problem on our hands really soon!
  • Yup. I think its more for me than for him . When DH puts him to sleep he doesn't rock him and he goes down great. I just enjoy the cuddle time and closeness since I work during the day. He doesn't need it at daycare for naps either.
  • Hell no--- you should stop that asap... I will admit that i LOVED rocking my guys to sleep.. It was a special time but a bad habit and hard to break. I stopped cold turkey and they cried the first fe nights however they have never slept better.
  • But he sleeps great so I don't think that would improve.  He goes down between 7 and 8 and gets up between 6:30-7 in the morning.   Other than CIO how do you transition from rocking to putting down awake?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am right there with you
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I do and it's a horrible habit. My ds sleeps terrible. I've tried CIO but he cries for hours. And now he's getting molars. I have no idea what to do at this point.
  • I...still...rock...and know I should stop.
  • this may be a stupid question- but what technially qualifies as rocking to sleep?

I rock my little guy and sing to him until he's sleepy.. and then i put him in his crib, he rolls over, and I"ll maybe rub his back a bit.. he drifts off before I leave, but he's in his crib when he officially goes to sleep. The whole process typically takes 5-10 minutes. I suspect I could probably leave before he's officially conked, but I kinda get some comfort in seeing him asleep before leaving.

• We still do. 

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
    BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
    BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
    BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

• I started rocking again a week ago.  DS has figured out how to stand up in his crib and that's all he wants to do now.  If I lay him in his crib when he isn't fully asleep, he will be standing up in seconds. 

After this phase passes, I will put him down awake but drowsy, and I do rock him until he is drowsy.  It's more for me than him.  I love that special, quiet time with him in the evenings!  He sleeps for 11-12 hours every night, so I don't think there is a problem.  Since it sounds like your LO sleeps well at night, I think it's fine.  I think it becomes a problem when they can't put themselves back to sleep when they wake up at night during transition of sleep cycles.   

• I still rock or nurse to sleep. I don't have a problem with it and enjoy it. He goes to sleep super fast and just because he's getting a bit older doesn't mean he doesn't want the cuddling any less. I just see it as very soon he won't want me to at all! Oh check out the No Cry Sleep Solution.
  • I've never had to rock her to sleep (short of her first few weeks). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"