Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage after late ovulation??

I'm about 99% sure I am miscarrying (at about 5 weeks).  I went for blood work and ultra sound on Thursday (they didn't see anything), progesterone was very low, line of test was very light, and I've been spotting brown for 4 days.

My question is: I ovulated very late this cycles somewhere between day 42-46 , does this increase chances of misscarriage, and because the egg was so old, will I have any red bleeding or just brown?

Re: Miscarriage after late ovulation??

• Yes, OB does think I am misscarrying.  Lots more blood and cramping.  Going back for blood work on Monday...
  • I'm so sorry you have to deal with this :(    What do you mean about your egg being old?  Are you saying b/c you ovulated late your egg was older?   

I agree with others that I don't think ovulating late has anything to do w/ miscarriage, but I have no medical background. 

As for the bleeding, I would guess if you start miscarrying naturally you will see a lot of bright red blood unfortunately.  

*hugs*

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. I hope that everything will be ok.
  • Sorry you are going through this.  I do think tha the bleeding and cramping will get worse, more bright red and clots with some tissue.  May not be as bad (physicaly) because the loss was earlier but also do not know because everyone is different.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

DS Born 9/29/2005 via c-section (breech)
    BFP #3 3/7/11 - EDD 11/17/11
    Betas: @14dpo-182 @18dpo-854!! @21dpo-3124!!!
    3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!
    He's a BOY!!!! Kieran Thomas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Medical stuff:

Your eggs are with you for your entire life.  They live almost 50 years in your ovaries.  They do "go bad" when you get older, which is why the older a woman is the harder it is for her to have a child.

You are only fertile for about 5 days before and one day after you ovulate.  The reason is that after ovulation (the moment in time that your egg is released from your ovary) the egg only lives another 24 hours.  So ovulating late shouldn't matter. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Please keep us updated and let us know how you are doing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"