February 2011 Moms

1st time mom asking something dumb again.....

Huh?If you get a c-s, do you still get a period after the birth?

Re: 1st time mom asking something dumb again.....

• not a dumb question.

I did not have a c-section but I have had several friends who have.

One of my girlfriends only bled a little after her c-section and others had a similar "period" as vaginal deliveries.  I guess it is different for everyone! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • A friend of mine, he sister had a vaginal delivery and the next one was a csection. She bled just as bad as she did for the vaginal delivery.

I agree that everyone is different in the amount but I am safe to say that everyone bleeds, even after a csection.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Logically my mind says yes since after your LO you need to shed the lining of your uterus even if it was just a c/s. I could be totally wrong though since I have never had a c/s or been told this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • its different for every one. mine was quiet long.about two weeks- first week was a period like flow and then it reduced to light flow (or spotting flow). hope this helps
  • A lot of this depends on the surgeon performing the c/s. Some surgeons will clean out the lining of the uterus, and some do not because they think it's a necessary part of the body/ reproductive system's recovery. 
  • Yep, you still bleed. I bled off and on for about 4 weeks with both of mine. The first few days was heavy and then it was pretty light.
  • i bled for a full 6 weeks after my c-section. just like a regular period flow
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"