February 2011 Moms

Breast or Bottle?

Are you planning to breast or bottle feed?  Read my story and opinion at https://www.squidoo.com/breast_is_best.  Which method do you prefer and why?

Re: Breast or Bottle?

• I am going to be breastfeeding DD. I did so with DS #s 2 & 3. I couldn't with DS # 1 cause I, at 19, didn't know what I was doing and thought I wasn't producing enough milk(looking back now I just think I was doing it wrong cause I was so young and uneducated about it all). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is our first and so I plan to breastfeed if I can. That is what I want to do because I think it is the healthiest thing for both me and the baby. Hopefully I won't have any problems that prevent me from being able to do so.

• Loading the player...
  • I PLAN to breastfeed if it works out for me. I discovered in my BFing class this weekt hat I have flat/inverted nipples, so we will see if I can get a good latch. If BFing works I will be very happy but I will not be super bummed or anything if I can't. I will just be dreading the cost of formula.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • imagesclement7975:

This is our first and so I plan to breastfeed if I can. That is what I want to do because I think it is the healthiest thing for both me and the baby. Hopefully I won't have any problems that prevent me from being able to do so.

This.  My body seems to be setting up for it just fine I have been leaking for awhile now but I know that doesn't guarantee that everything will go the way I want it to.

• Breastfeed, I did with DD and will do it again. 

However, I will be going back to work. So I will be pumping - and bottle feeding. But it will all be breast milk. I will not supplement with formula unless medically necessary. The pediatrician wanted me to suppliment with DD the first week, but after talking with a lactation consultant, I pumped and hand fed for three days and she gained weight fast and was able to nurse again. She was full term and just lost a little more weight than they were comfortable with. I feel pretty confidant I know what I'm doing and have a great support system too. It takes more work, but it's something I'm willing to do. 

• Bottle for personal reasons
  • Breast because I breastfed my son and will do the same with my daughter. It's hard. It hurts. It's super time consuming. It's not fun to get started but I'm not about to do anything to my child that will in any way reduce their chance at a very healthy life. I am a very strong believer in the benefits of breastfeeding.

It's always available. It's always the right temperature. It's always perfect for my baby. It's easier to digest. I never have to make a run to the store for formula. It's a good feeling knowing that there is something very hard (that seems like it should be easy) that I can say, "i worked my butt off and I did it!" 

Granted, I'm pretty crunchy granola, but I think everyone should at least try a little. Every drop is beneficial.

but I understand that it's my opinion

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Breast if I can.  I will be pumping and using bottles as well though.  DH will be home with LO often alone and he needs to be able to feed him as well.  This is my first time though, so im hoping it will go the way I want it to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"