Babies: 0 - 3 Months

C/S question?? Might be TMI

I had a c/s almost 3 weeks ago.  After about a week I quit bleeding.  Now, almost three weeks later I have started bleeding again.  I'm not sure it's normal.  I kinda felt like I was having menstrual cramps.  The bleeding isn't real heavy but it's annoying.  I figured I was done, especially with breastfeeding.  Does anyone know if the bleeding is normal??

Thanks!!

Re: C/S question?? Might be TMI

• yep it's normal.  it can come and go for up to 6 weeks. as long as you're not soaking through a pad in an hour you're okay, it's just annoying.

I had a c-section 3 weeks ago too and mine has started and stopped 3 times already.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would call your doctor. I don't really know. In my case I had steady bleeding until 3 weeks then spotting for another 2 weeks(I was bfing as well). It is probably nothing but just check with your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally normal. I bled on and off for 5 1/2 weeks. Sometimes it would stop for two or three days and then come back with a vengeance.
  • Were you extra active yesterday? Overworking your body can make the bleeding come back--take it easy!

Also, when breastfeeding, your uterus contracts so that can cause the bleeding to start back as well. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageXcrisscrossX:

Were you extra active yesterday? Overworking your body can make the bleeding come back--take it easy!

Also, when breastfeeding, your uterus contracts so that can cause the bleeding to start back as well

This. My bleeding stopped before I left the hospital, then started randomly again at 3 weeks it was bright red, so I kinda freaked out, called my doctor on Christmas day, he said the same as PP said, and unless I'm soaking through pads, it was fine. But of course if you are concerned, call your OB.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"