2nd Trimester

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions!

• I'm having a glass of wine tonight with dinner and I've been excited about it since I woke up!
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure if DH is the father of my baby.  I'm not planning on telling him.
  • Loading the player...
  • -Feeling baby kicking is supposed to be a joyous, memorable experience; I really think it's uncomfortable, especially when I am trying to sleep, and she is kicking my cervix/bladder all night long. I can't believe she'll be getting even bigger and stronger...I don't know how I'm going to sleep at ALL in the third tri!

-I am terrified of having a C-section. Although the possibility that we will have to resort to a c/s is low, I am so terrified of getting that "shelf" of fat when the scar heals, that I am considering switching OB's because mine will not do a vertical cut.

• imageluvdv8:
    I'm having a glass of wine tonight with dinner and I've been excited about it since I woke up!

That sounds delicious!! I wish I didn't have to work the next 2 nights or I'd be enjoying one too. Though, I might need it more after my 2 nights at work!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePinkBackPack:
    I'm not sure if DH is the father of my baby.  I'm not planning on telling him.

Wait, wha? Are you serious, or did you just throw this in there to see if we were paying attention?  

• I spent all night cleaning up throw up!  I didn't sleep at all!! I was so relieved when DH said he would stay home with DD this morning becuase even though I knew I should "want to stay with my sick baby"  I was relieved to be away from the puke!!! 

I feel like a bad mom!!

• imagePattypoundcake:

imagePinkBackPack:

Wait, wha? Are you serious, or did you just throw this in there to see if we were paying attention?  

I'm not serious.  I just thought everything else I had to confess was really lame.

• imagePinkBackPack:
    imagePattypoundcake:

imagePinkBackPack:

I'm not serious.  I just thought everything else I had to confess was really lame.

Pinkbackpack will you be my friend?  I like you and my mom sent me to school with twinkies today that I'll totally share with you.

The June 2011 makes me want to poke my eyes out.  

• Lol, I have one more- I'm weirdly entertained by my boobs leaking. Sometimes when I'm in the shower, I squeeze them and just giggle.
  • I was told recently that H and I don't need a shower because we can afford everything on our own because we have good jobs.  I was told this by someone who just had their third shower for the third child by a third different man.  I wanted to throat punch her.  We don't expect a shower, but who says that?  She then offered us all of the excess stuff she registered for but didn't need because she knew someone would buy it for her.

• I've had a strong urge to smack a lady who works in the office where I've been for my clinical rotation this week. She interrupts people, involves herself in conversations and then doesn't listen to what anyone says anyway. She also says assanine things constantly... a real gem was when she went on and on forever about how expensive formula was and how her baby daddy (now in jail - had to hear all about the child support hearing yesterday) was too embarrassed to use WIC. A few minutes later another girl in the office, who is currently pregnant, said she's planning to breastfeed. The first girl says "I didn't breastfeed because I didn't want to. My friends all said it makes your boobs end up lopsided or something." Ughhhh....

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelilylow:

I was told recently that H and I don't need a shower because we can afford everything on our own because we have good jobs.  I was told this by someone who just had their third shower for the third child by a third different day.  I wanted to throat punch her.  We don't expect a shower, but who says that?  She then offered us all of the excess stuff she registered for but didn't need because she knew someone would buy it for her.

This just made me LOL!!!

• imagesamfish2bcrab:
    imagePinkBackPack:
    imagePattypoundcake:

imagePinkBackPack:

Pinkbackpack will you be my friend?  I like you and my mom sent me to school with twinkies today that I'll totally share with you.

The June 2011 makes me want to poke my eyes out.  

Sure!  But only because I love twinkies Wink

• imagelilylow:

I was told recently that H and I don't need a shower because we can afford everything on our own because we have good jobs.  I was told this by someone who just had their third shower for the third child by a third different day.  I wanted to throat punch her.  We don't expect a shower, but who says that?  She then offered us all of the excess stuff she registered for but didn't need because she knew someone would buy it for her.

Angry  You're a saint for resisting the throat punch.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • imagePythia1022:
    Lol, I have one more- I'm weirdly entertained by my boobs leaking. Sometimes when I'm in the shower, I squeeze them and just giggle.

It gets old real quick, especially if you BF. 

• imagePinkBackPack:

imagePythia1022:
    Lol, I have one more- I'm weirdly entertained by my boobs leaking. Sometimes when I'm in the shower, I squeeze them and just giggle.

I'm sure it will lol. DH is already "over it." I started singing the milkshake song and he got really grossed out Stick out tongue

• People who register for their 2nd or more babies and expect showers need to be throat punched. If you can't afford to buy your own new bibs and pacifiers, you probably can't afford this next baby!
  • imagejesstellina:
    imagelilylow:

Angry  You're a saint for resisting the throat punch.

I didn't want to get skank all over me. 

• I drank a whole 2 liter of caffeine free coke yesterday. I know it is a lame confession, but I have been sick in bed all week. 
  • imagePattypoundcake:

imagePinkBackPack:

I'll bet shes serious. Girl at my work is going through the same thing. Broke up with one guy because he cheated and went back to her old boyfriend and they just jumped right back into the swing of things. Now the babys 8 months old and the "dad" insisted on a paternity test. Guess who's not the dad. Crappy situation but it's happening more and more.

>PinkBackPack> I hope I didn't upset you. We all make mistakes. I hope it works out for the best. 

• sorry random ass question. How do you get all your pictures to go side by side. mine all line up. :(
  • My DH is coming home "sick" from work and I have no sympathy for him. He says he is cold (duh its 15 degrees out) and thinks he might get a fever. Therefore he is sick. I know it makes me a bad wife, but I think he needs to suck it up. I feel like crap all the time and I still have to take chase ds all day and get my stuff done.
    Mom to 2 healthy boys, and a baby girl in Heaven. Heard her heartbeat on 7/18, heartbeat was gone on 7/20. Miss you forever.
  • imagePythia1022:
    imagePinkBackPack:

imagePythia1022:

I'm sure it will lol. DH is already "over it." I started singing the milkshake song and he got really grossed out Stick out tongue

LMAO!  My husband started to sing that song and I was the one that got gorssed out. Big Smile

• imageerynalexis:
    imagePattypoundcake:

imagePinkBackPack:

I'll bet shes serious. Girl at my work is going through the same thing. Broke up with one guy because he cheated and went back to her old boyfriend and they just jumped right back into the swing of things. Now the babys 8 months old and the "dad" insisted on a paternity test. Guess who's not the dad. Crappy situation but it's happening more and more.

>PinkBackPack> I hope I didn't upset you. We all make mistakes. I hope it works out for the best. 

Big Smile

• imagePythia1022:
    imagePinkBackPack:

imagePythia1022:

Wait, mine are giant and I am farther along than you...can this really happen already?

• imageamanda1128:
    My DH is coming home "sick" from work and I have no sympathy for him. He says he is cold (duh its 15 degrees out) and thinks he might get a fever. Therefore he is sick. I know it makes me a bad wife, but I think he needs to suck it up. I feel like crap all the time and I still have to take chase ds all day and get my stuff done.

I am the worst wife when it comes to this kind of thing. I always think my DH is "faking it" or at least enhancing the severity of it.  He gets the damn sniffles and he's on the couch being a pain for a week.

Blargh. I get not going into work (MH works in a hospital and can't be spreading germs) but jesus you can work a vacuum. 

• I am terrified of maternal death...anyone have some stats to calm me down?
  • imageamanda1128:
    My DH is coming home "sick" from work and I have no sympathy for him. He says he is cold (duh its 15 degrees out) and thinks he might get a fever. Therefore he is sick. I know it makes me a bad wife, but I think he needs to suck it up. I feel like crap all the time and I still have to take chase ds all day and get my stuff done.
  • imagePythia1022:

Ok hold on... I thought they didn't start leaking until later... They already started for you?

• imageManiacMcGee:

imageamanda1128:

I am the worst wife when it comes to this kind of thing. I always think my DH is "faking it" or at least enhancing the severity of it.  He gets the damn sniffles and he's on the couch being a pain for a week.

Blargh. I get not going into work (MH works in a hospital and can't be spreading germs) but jesus you can work a vacuum. 

My dh is a design engineer, so he is by himself in his office at his desk all day. I dread him coming home, because he expects me to take care of him like I'm his mommy. Not gonna happen. I'm glad I'm not the only wife like this, it makes me feel less bad about it.

Mom to 2 healthy boys, and a baby girl in Heaven. Heard her heartbeat on 7/18, heartbeat was gone on 7/20. Miss you forever.
  • imagetimnerin:

imagePythia1022:

Ok hold on... I thought they didn't start leaking until later... They already started for you?

Mine have been leaking clear and yellow for a couple weeks now. I have to cut a pantyliner in half and stick one in each bra cup in the mornings or else I get stains.

• I can't stand that I am not able to do things. I normally paint my home and clean and build anything I need. MH works crazy hours. Now that I am KU I can't do shiet and I have to wait on others to help me and it pisses me off to have to wait around on others.

• I have another one.

My SIL recently had a son with her FI.  Her FI refuses to let the boy near anything even remotely girly.  If he crawls over to the daughters dolls he yanks it away saying, "you can only have this if you hump it".  So when he isn't looking I give him the baby doll to hug and cuddle with.

• imagelilylow:

I have another one.

My SIL recently had a son with her FI.? Her FI refuses to let the boy near anything even remotely girly.? If he crawls over to the daughters dolls he yanks it away saying, "you can only have this if you hump it".? So when he isn't looking I give him the baby doll to hug and cuddle with.

YesYes

• imagelilylow:

I have another one.

My SIL recently had a son with her FI.  Her FI refuses to let the boy near anything even remotely girly.  If he crawls over to the daughters dolls he yanks it away saying, "you can only have this if you hump it".  So when he isn't looking I give him the baby doll to hug and cuddle with.

Wow.  That guy sounds like a winner....... 

• I'm not planning on a baby shower, but I did start a registry.  Think it's tacky to have one for baby #2 if you must but it helps me organize what I need and keep a running list of things I like.  Plus baby #2 is a boy so the only things our kids will be sharing are the plain white onzies.  Of course, getting the completion discount when I need to go buy some of these things will come in handy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejimenezv:
    imagePythia1022:
    imagePinkBackPack:

imagePythia1022:

LMAO!  My husband started to sing that song and I was the one that got gorssed out. Big Smile

My H used to sing that when I had huge boobs from BFing DD..except he would substitute "boys" for "babies" and jiggle my boobs around..nothing like trying to cook dinner and having someone grope you when its one of the rare times a baby isn't attached to your boob to begin with!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagePinkBackPack:
    imagePattypoundcake:

imagePinkBackPack:

Ok yeah you are my new favorite person! I totally read your comment like 6 times before moving on to others thinking it might change into something else. This is the best made up drama ever and you pulled it off the right way!  

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    It's so hard to tell tone in a text forum like this, and everytime I try to thoughtfully think of a way to say something nicely and constructively and it gets misconstrued or misinterpreted it makes me wish i'd just said "I think you're an idiot"

Hahahaaa I think you should just say that!

• imagebabyrusty:
    I am terrified of maternal death...anyone have some stats to calm me down?

A friend once told me "worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere". - I think that is also from the movie van wilder but thats another story. 

I understand the feeling of helplessness but only you can change your fears and concerns into something constructive. Being worried all the time is just going to raise your stress levels and that isn't good for the baby. If you need more advice feel free to private message me. I know how hard it is to be pregnant for the first time. I forced myself to get over the fears when I was in my first tri because I knew I wouldn't make it to delivery if I didn't. 

Good luck with everything and I hope this helped a little.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"