Babies: 9 - 12 Months

What car do you drive? What car do you wish..

you could drive?

Since baby #2 is now in the picture (crazy!) we have got to get a bigger car! (Dodge Calliber is our current car) Our car now will be paid off in March (yay!) which means DH will get that car and we will get a new one.

I don't even know where to begin on what kind of car I want. Mini-van, SUV ?

Pro's?Con's?

Re: What car do you drive? What car do you wish..

• We just got a loaded Ford Edge. It has a ton of room in the back seat which is important. I lease my cars so I have had a lot lol. Before this I had a Grand Cherokee...I liked that too but not as much backseat room. DH has a camry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am really hoping for a sticking baby for you but I wouldn't jump the gun personally. I would at least wait past the 8 wk to think about cars IMO.

Me though, I drive a Saturn Vue Hybrid and love it but Saturn is out of business so you can't/shouldn't get the same one as me. Although I think my little small SUV is perfect for 1 baby possibly 2 if you didn't have any animals. I have 2 dogs so the car is just right for all of us and a friend for DD if she wanted to bring one along.

• Loading the player...
  • I have a Hyundai Elantra, DH has a Chevy S10 so Lucy can only ride in my car.

I'd love the new Dodge that Annice got *only slightly jealous*

we'll likely go Minivan when if we have a 3rd down the road. But I really don't WANT a minivan

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• imageAv8rEmily:
    I currently drive a 2 door Toyota Celica.  And it is horrible now that LO is in a convertible car seat.  We are currently talking with a Car broker to get either a Honda Odyssey or a Toyota Sienna.  I like the sienna, DH likes the odyssey.  Odyssey's seem made for taller people and don't work for my 5ft 4in frame.  We are going to get either a 98 or 99 version seeming the 11s are too expensive and too big.  We are hoping that the minivan will last us a long time.. like 10 years minimum and through all of our kids. We want to have 3.  I feel we are getting one early and could easily just use a 4 door car now but, I don't want to have to buy a new one in 5 years, kwim.  Good luck.

I am confused....you want it to last 10  more years?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMelly Mel:

imageAv8rEmily:
    I currently drive a 2 door Toyota Celica.  And it is horrible now that LO is in a convertible car seat.  We are currently talking with a Car broker to get either a Honda Odyssey or a Toyota Sienna.  I like the sienna, DH likes the odyssey.  Odyssey's seem made for taller people and don't work for my 5ft 4in frame.  We are going to get either a 98 or 99 version seeming the 11s are too expensive and too big.  We are hoping that the minivan will last us a long time.. like 10 years minimum and through all of our kids. We want to have 3.  I feel we are getting one early and could easily just use a 4 door car now but, I don't want to have to buy a new one in 5 years, kwim.  Good luck.

I am confused....you want it to last 10  more years?

I think she wants to get an 08/09

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• We have a 2005 VW Touareg and a 2004 Honda Accord. The Accord is DHs car which we pretty much only use for him to travel to/from work.  We have only had the Touareg for about a year but love it. We had a 2006 Ford Explorer before that and afte putting more than $3000 into it in a year and a half, we will never own a Ford again.

For me, the SUV works perfectly. I have a bad back and when I have to use DH's car, it kills me to get DS and the stroller in and out of the car. I also like having the 4WD in the winter. The gas mileage isn't horrible, but the gas mileage in a minivan is better.

We have been talking about having a 2nd child and know that when we do, we will probably get a full size SUV - we are currently considering the GMCYukon Denali or Yukon XL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I currently drive a Jetta.

When my lease is up, I'd like a Tiguan. I'll probably end up with a Taureg.

• I have a honda Civic Hybrid....I loath it with a passion!  I really want a Ford Escape or an Edge.  I have to find a way out of my car loan....
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • acura mdx (2004) model. we just got it.

recently we were in a car accident and out car was pretty much totaled from the front. that was a nissan maxima

• Oh and I forgot to answer the 2nd half of the question: I want an Audii A4 next
  • Thanks Everyone!

Hip2b- We aren't jumping the gun, our plan was to get a car as soon as we paid off our old one, because DH's car is on its last leg, so DH needs my car for work.

Just having a 2nd baby on the way just gives us the extra push.

• Currently 2005 Chevy Trail Blazer - just got it because DH totaled the paid-off expedition recently.  I like it so far. It's not a mini-van, it's bigger than a regular car but smaller than the Expedition (which I wanted).  It has 4 wheel drive and can tow something if need be.

Wish I had 2011 Dodge Charger - and it's just that, a wish.  Totally not practical for a growing family.  But it's sooo pretty.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • An old Lexus RX300. The SUV. It's ok. Not much cargo space at all. I wouldn't reccomend it really
  • We have an Escalade. I love it. It has captains chairs and the 3rd row which we took out until we need it. It has a ton of features for a decent price. I wouldnt want anything else anytime soon, we just bought it
  • It's just LO, H and myself, so we don't really need a lot of space.  I have a 2010 Nissan Altima and I got that recently since I had to trade in my 2006 Maxima that I got last March, because it kept breaking down on me (out of character for that car, but I think I just got a bad one).  I like my Altima:  good on gas, nice, enough room for the family plus others.  If I have another kid, I probably won't get a new/ bigger car because my Altima has plenty of room.  H has a Sebring, and he's looking into getting another car so I'm going to try to talk him into getting an SUV.  He wants a Tahoe, but we don't need that much car, but needs are different than wants, right? 
  • I have a 2011 Honda Pilot and H has a 2009 GMC truck I love my pilot but I love Honda cars so I'm happy with the Pilot, before that I had a 03 Pilot and a 00 Honda CRV.

Photobucket
  • We've got a 2007 VW GTI MkV, which is my other baby. I love it, but I don't use it for driving DD around. It also takes premium and that starts to get pricey. Our "family" car is a 2010 Subaru Outback. It's great for hauling DD, the dogs and all of our other stuff around... as well as really great in the snow.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just bought a 2010 X5 with the 3rd-row seating. I'm not a mini van person so that option was out. I've done the whole test driving and checked it out and I love it. I have yet to drive mine but I'm sure I'll love it

• I drive a 2008 Acura TSX... It is too small for us. In the spring I am trading it in for my dream car (!!!) a 2010 Audi Q7... I'm pretty excited!!!
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imageFemmeFataleNat01:

We just bought a 2010 X5 with the 3rd-row seating. I'm not a mini van person so that option was out. I've done the whole test driving and checked it out and I love it. I have yet to drive mine but I'm sure I'll love it

OMG... You better watch out for the BMW haters! :-) lol! We looked at X5s before we settled on the Audi Q7. My H drives a BMW 3 series and he loves it... A lot!
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I have a Saturn Ion.  I'd like to drive a Dolorian.

Congrats on the  BFP

• I currently have a Honda Fit.  We are looking to sell it in the early summer and get a bigger car.  I'm going to go with a 3 row SUV so all future needs will be met!  Hopefully we won't need to get another car for a while.
  • "my car" is a 2010 Buick LaCrosse.  Do I get to drive it?  Nooo.

I'm stuck in the 05 Trailblazer EXT most of the time. 

Oh, and what I wish I drive... Umm... I don't know, but something sharp looking with a lot of awesome features that I can fit everything in.  ;)

• I just got a 2010 Dodge Caravan the day after Thanksgiving. I love it. I looked at Traverses and lusted a while, but a van made more since.

I don't need a van now with just LO but DH's car needed replaced and the Equinox we first considered didn't seem to make since in the long scheme. 

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• I drive a 2010 GMC Acadia.  It's the pimp model, whichever that is.  3 rows of seating = love.

I would like to drive a Maserati.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedanto:

I have a Saturn Ion.  I'd like to drive a Dolorian.

Congrats on the  BFP

haha this cracked me up.

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • We traded in my SUV for our Town & Country just before Gigi was born.  I love it!  I am made at myself for getting the SUV and not just getting the minivan from the get go. 

If I could get anything I would get another  minivan. 

• I have a Ford Escape.  I sometimes drive the Chevy Suburban.  I would love an Explorer or a newer Suburban.  I love my Escape, but it's just not quite big enough for the two carseats I thought it would fit and the three dogs we have now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drive a 2009 Nissan Altima which I love and DH drives a 2008(?) Chevy Impala which I hate but get stuck driving so we can save mileage on my car (plus, DH got a new job this year that gives him access to a company truck whenever he wants it which is often so he leaves my car at work and I end up driving his).  Mine is a lease with one year left and I recently hurt my back putting DS into it so we are going to trade DH's car in for a minivan around Feb/Mar for me to drive and then next year when my lease is up DH will get something.

I'll likely get either a Honda Odyssey or a Toyota Sienna but I'd prefer something like a Tahoe but we don't want to spend that kind of money on the vehicle or the gas. I'm really not a minivan girl but I want something with the space that a minivan offers but not the price of a huge SUV. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 2010 Honda Odyssey.  Neither of us ever wanted a minivan, but it was the best investment we ever made. 

I really wanted a Tahoe, but the minivan is so much easier with babies.

• we have a diesel sports wagon (Jetta). We LOVE it. We got a 1500 tax credit for doing diesel plus the gas milege is amazing. And we love having the extra room in the back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"