Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Avent bottles ?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm just confused. My SIL gave DD Avent bottles for Christmas and the plastic material is sort of tranluscent, unlike her old bottles that are clear plastic.

It says on the box that it's the Classic type. How many types of Avent bottles are there exactly? And which type is cheaper?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Avent bottles ?

• I know there are at least two types.  The older version doesn't have the blue ring that you remove to clean.   I have both types and actually prefer the older ones better.  I have noticed the older ones are clearer and more look like a glass type bottle, but not really..  Don't know how to word that.  But the newer bottles almost look frosted but not really.   They newer ones are not as glass clear.     I didn't think they sold the older types anymore though, so I am not sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemrs.dovey:
    I know there are at least two types.  The older version doesn't have the blue ring that you remove to clean.   I have both types and actually prefer the older ones better.  I have noticed the older ones are clearer and more look like a glass type bottle, but not really..  Don't know how to word that.  But the newer bottles almost look frosted but not really.   They newer ones are not as glass clear.     I didn't think they sold the older types anymore though, so I am not sure.

I was having a hard time trying to use words too. Yeah FROSTED is sooo the right word! LOL

I get it now, thanks! I guess these are the new ones. I haven't taken them out from the boxes yet so I don't know if they have those blue rings. THANKS FOR EASING MY MIND! Haha

• Loading the player...
  • I HATE the frosted ones - they leak like crazy!!  Mine have become barcode containers for my beech-nut proof of purchases!  The extra ring you have to have is a pain to deal with and I'm sure is the reason for the leaking.

I have been getting the clear ones at Target and Publix on clearance over the last month or so.  I stocked up since DD#2 is on the way!

• imageMrsJWeaver:

I HATE the frosted ones - they leak like crazy!!  Mine have become barcode containers for my beech-nut proof of purchases!  The extra ring you have to have is a pain to deal with and I'm sure is the reason for the leaking.

I have been getting the clear ones at Target and Publix on clearance over the last month or so.  I stocked up since DD#2 is on the way!

DD started using the frosted ones today. No leaks so far, but thanks for the warning! Seems like it's just a pointless feature then? I wonder what it does to prevent colic or something. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"