Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY - What's your dream job?

Tell me about your dream job. Are you doing it right now? Do you have plans to do it at some point in time? I was daydreaming about this and it made me curious Smile
Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!

Re: GTKY - What's your dream job?

• To be a stay at home mom. I do in home daycare now and have no children of my own. But ultimately I'd love to just stay at home with just my own children. Probably never going to happen.
  • To own several boutiques and be able to run each one. Of course, I would have management at each one, but I would still oversee everything. I'm in my first boutique, so I've started!
    Me- 26 DH-32
    TTC since August 2010
    Unexplained Infertility
    5 rounds of clomid and 4 rounds of tamoxifen = BFN
    IUI #1 - Jan 2012 with Tamoxifen - BFN IUI #2 - Feb 2012 Cancelled :(
    IVF #1- May 2012: BFP on 05/29/12!! 06/01 Beta #1= 122 06/04 Beta #2 74 :( - C/P
    06/07/12 = BFN Moving onto IVF #2 August 2012
    22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, none to freeze
    Transferred two embies on 08/19. Beta 1 is 08/31 Beta #1-122 Beta #2- 541
    1st U/S 09/12- 1 sac!
    Praying this is my take home baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • my dream job is to be a NICU nurse. I am currently and OR nurse and have been talking to the NICU manager for almost a year trying to  get transfered. I'm hoping my patience will pay off and I will be transfered soon *crossing fingers*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My dream job is what I am doing now (a research scientist in the environmental field). BUT, I would love to only work part-time instead of full-time so that I could be a SAHM the other days. Part-time work and part-time SAHM sounds good to me! Wish I could afford it! We are seriously considering it when #2 comes along. DH would like me to be a full-time SAHM but I don't think that's in the cards (plus, I'm really passionate about my work!).
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• For the most part I'm doing it right now. My last employer (doing the same job) was a lot more glamourous though, so I guess that would have technically been my dream job. 

ETA: Currently I am a graphic designer for my main job.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Fun question! I fantasize about owning a small food speciality store in my town. I'm obsessed with baking/cooking and would love to have a small store to sell my cookies and soups, etc. My idol is Ina Garten! ;) My DH promises me someday it'll happen, so we'll see...

But for now I'm in commerical real estate property management...so, no. I'm not currently doing my dream job ;)

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • I am a SAHM and I have no desire to go back to work.  Zero.  

But my H says I will need to go back to work when the last baby goes to school.  Blah.  He says I have a college degree and I need to use it.  ::sigh::  But I don't wanna!!

What's weird is I never thought in a million years that I would want to be a SAHM,  This wasn't apart of my life plan.  But something changed when I had my DD.  And now I wonder what the appeal to working ever was.  LOL.   I'll admit, I feel like less of a person because I have no desire to work. 

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • Stay at home mom and wife. Never used to be, but now I dream of it:) But DH would have to get a much better paying job for this to ever happen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dream job is to have my own horseback riding vacation ranch. I have been an instructor before and I loved it. It would be a B&B with horseback riding included. I hope to make this dream come true some day :)

I have also always wanted to be a marine biologist, but I never finished college. I don't know that I could handle that much travel with a family, but I think it would be an amazing career.

TTC #1 

TTC #2 
  • To be a SAHM and have an interior design business on the side. 

Unfortunately I made the miserable decision to go to law school and become an attorney.  My "dream job" probably isn't in the cards for me until DH starts making enough to pay both of our law school loans and bills with his salary :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Proffesional photographer + SAHM
  • imagetosh24:
    My dream job is what I am doing now (a research scientist in the environmental field), BUT, I would love to only work part-time instead of full-time so that I could be a SAHM the other days. Part-time work and part-time SAHM sounds good to me! Wish I could afford it! We are seriously considering it when #2 comes along. DH would like me to be a full-time SAHM but I don't think that's in the cards (plus, I'm really passionate about my work!).

Working part time is really the best of both worlds! I'm 'career mom' Mon-Wed and then 'stay at home mom' Thurs-Fri. But now my company is pushing full time (with a promotion, so not bad) or no time...mean I'd be done. Ugh. I've been presented with this option before Christmas and I still have no idea what to do. I love being home with my son but I'm also, like you said, passionate about my work. I'm hoping they forgot about it and I'll just continue part time....ha!

Good luck..hope you're able to find out and do exactly what you want soon!

• My job right now is pretty cool and was once my dream job, so thats great. However my DREAM DREAM job is to be a part time SAHM and part time bakery owner. Neither will likely happen unless my DH makes some major bank, but thats not likely at all. Sigh.
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kinda sorta doing it now. I'm a pastry chef and I love it but I don't always get to experiment with ingredients I love. My ultimate dream job is to over see a cupcake boutique and stay at home with my children a lot! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Professional photographer + SAHM= Dream Job

I'm half way there Big Smile

DH & I dream about owning our own little outdoors store in CO within 5-10 years...probably more like 10-15 though in reality (darn reality spoils all my day dreaming!!!)

• My dream job is to be a traveling nurse, working with Operation Smile or something like that. I'd love to be able to combine my love of travel with my passion for nursing.

But, it's never going to happen, and I would never want to be away from my family. I am however very lucky that my passion, nursing, will be a reality in 7 months Smile

• imageCLeigh03:

Fun question! I fantasize about owning a small food speciality store in my town. I'm obsessed with baking/cooking and would love to have a small store to sell my cookies and soups, etc. My idol is Ina Garten! ;) My DH promises me someday it'll happen, so we'll see...

But for now I'm in commerical real estate property management...so, no. I'm not currently doing my dream job ;)

Interesting! This is kinda my own dream job. I'm a pastry chef and DH is a chef so I want a little store where I can make and sell cupcakes/pastries and he can sell his packaged pate's, terrines, cheddar biscuits, ect!

I hope our dreams come true! :) 

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • My dream job is to work as a paralegal in an animal law firm. I'm a huge believer in animal rights and believe we have a long long way to go. I'm tired of people getting slapped on the wrist for abusing animals, running puppy mills, and the like..

I guess I'm halfway there.  I'm currently a paralegal (which I love) but I'm working in probate/guardianship/conservatorships currently.  There is really only one large animal law firm in CO and it's 60 miles from where I live.  Maybe someday.....

• part of me would like to be a midwife, but then I think about the huge amount of malpratice insurance and I don't want to.

If I had the money and time for school (and dhs' job didn't move us so much) I think it would be cool to be an acute care Nurse Practitioner.

I am sooooo ready to get away from the bedside. I am getting kind of toasted being just a staff nurse.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• imageMrs.Jason.9.15.07:

I am a SAHM and I have no desire to go back to work.  Zero.  

But my H says I will need to go back to work when the last baby goes to school.  Blah.  He says I have a college degree and I need to use it.  ::sigh::  But I don't wanna!!

What's weird is I never thought in a million years that I would want to be a SAHM,  This wasn't apart of my life plan.  But something changed when I had my DD.  And now I wonder what the appeal to working ever was.  LOL.   I'll admit, I feel like less of a person because I have no desire to work. 

Isn't it crazy how plans change after you have children? We're the opposite. I really wanted to be a SAHM, until I did it. I'd LOVE to just work part time, but being a full time SAHM just isn't for everyone, and now I know it isn't for me.

• I have two....I absolutely loved planning my wedding and all the details that go into it, so would LOVE to be a wedding planner. 

My other dream job would be to be a teach middle/high school students about finances.  I feel that kids are thrown out into the world having no clue how to handle their finances and it's something really important that will effect their everyday lives.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • I have two....I absolutely loved planning my wedding and all the details that go into it, so would LOVE to be a wedding planner. 

My other dream job would be to be a teach middle/high school students about finances.  I feel that kids are thrown out into the world having no clue how to handle their finances and it's something really important that will effect their everyday lives.

I'm an

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

I'm an
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

I'm
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

I'm an accountant and think that #2 would be a
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

I'm an accountant and
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

I'm an accountant and think that #2 would be a good option
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

I'm an accountant and think that #2 would
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

I'm an accountant and think that #2 would be a good option sometime later down the line.
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012

I'm an accountant and think that #2 would be a good
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • I do really like the job I am doing now, I am a Kindergarten teacher.  I love working with children and love the moment when they "get it"(for example when they point out a word that I taught them in a random book they are looking at). 

However, when I have kids, my dream job is definitely to be both be a SAHM and to write part time.  

TTC since July 2010 BFP#1~5/8/11~~EDD 1/18/12~Natural M/C Confirmed 6/1/11 BFP#2~12/2/11 ~EDD 8/13/12~It's a girl!~Emma Grace born 8/12/12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm an accountant and think that #2 would be a good option sometime later down
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • imagejefa621:

I would love to be a SAHM when I have kids.  But in my spare time I want to travel around the country, east coast mostly, and go buy antiques and kitch at flea markets auctions etc... I'd bring everything home, restore, and resell stuff in a little botiuqe.  That would be fab.  I'd also like to have a doggie day care or do something similar with dogs.

I worked at a dog daycare years ago and loved it! I looked into opening my own as well ;)

TTC #1 

TTC #2 
  • imageMrs.Jason.9.15.07:

I am a SAHM and I have no desire to go back to work.  Zero.  

I don't think you should feel like less of a person at all.  Being a SAHM is a full time job and harder than most.  It sounds like you just want time to cherish your babies and there's nothing wrong with that....Smile

• imageSParkman80:
    imageCLeigh03:

Fun question! I fantasize about owning a small food speciality store in my town. I'm obsessed with baking/cooking and would love to have a small store to sell my cookies and soups, etc. My idol is Ina Garten! ;) My DH promises me someday it'll happen, so we'll see...

Interesting! This is kinda my own dream job. I'm a pastry chef and DH is a chef so I want a little store where I can make and sell cupcakes/pastries and he can sell his packaged pate's, terrines, cheddar biscuits, ect!

I hope our dreams come true! :) 

Mmmm...cheddar biscuits! Would be a ton of work, but a total blast...don't you think? Hope your guys dream come true!!

• I would love to open up a coffee shop that sells awesome baked goods and other crafty, etsy-type stuff.  I'd hire someone to deal with the coffee part (that I don't know much about) and I would make baked goods that become well known in the area for their deliciousness.  I'd also like to make some of the crafty things.

Not doing it right now and wouldn't want to (SAHM right now) but I'd love to do it someday.  I doubt it will happen though since I know how much money and risk it involves.

• My dream job is to be a speech language pathologist in an elementary school.  I graduate in May and hope to find a job quickly!  This past semester was my externship in a K-5 school and I loved every single minute of it.  I realized that I have truly found something that I really enjoy and will be happy doing for the rest of my life.  It will be great to have school hours/holidays when we have kids too!

• Such a fun question!  For a while in my teens, I wasn't sure I ever even wanted children.  I was a lifeguard who taught swimming lessons to screaming 3 year olds.  It was exhausting :) 

Today I am a first grade teacher, and I LOVE my job.  I'm not sure what changed.  Maybe just maturity?  I feel passionately about giving all children access to high quality early childhood education.  I've thought it could be interesting to start my own Charter School and have it include a daycare/preschool too.  But, that would take up such a huge amount of time that I'm not sure I could make it a priority with the family I hope to have very soon!!

• I love my job now...but my ultimate dream job is a SAHM or an Event/Wedding Planner.  I had so much fun doing mine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"