Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Anyone Here Have A Baby That Is A Great Sleeper?

Liam is an AWESOME night time sleeper.  Started STTN (8 hours) when he was 10 weeks old and increased from there to where he now sleeps for 11-12 hours consistently every night.  He never went through the 4 month wakeful, has never been awakened by teething, and even when he had bad bronchiolitis he STILL STTN every night. 

I almost feel guilty about it.  I read so many posts about babies who are still not STTN.  I really do almost feel bad that I got lucky!

image image

Re: Anyone Here Have A Baby That Is A Great Sleeper?

• Izzy is an amazing sleeper. STTN at 8 weeks (8pm to 6am without waking at all). Now takes two naps per day and STTN from 6:30pm-6:45/7am everyday. The only times she does not STTN is when she is sick...then she cries every 3 hours like clockwork.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD has been a great sleeper too.  She started sleeping 11-13hour stretches at 4months.  She has a bad night once in a blue moon if she has an ear infection (3 so far) or something, but usually she still sleeps even when she is sick.

Don't feel bad!  I know I don't! Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Jackson is a wonderful sleeper! He will sleep anywhere we put him and for 10-12 hours at a time and still naps three times during the day. We are just very blessed! :)
  • Mine. Iaine sleeps 8-12 hours every night. Except when she's sick and wakes up every 1-2 hours. No sleep for both mommy and baby.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I do. We did go through a super rough patch (about 3 months) that nearly made us consider not having anymore children, but like everything, it was trial and error. Once we got through crib transition, de-swaddling, first two teeth, seperation anxiety and finally RSV... it was smooth sailing. He's been STTN (10-12 hrs.) for a few months now. It's nice to feel rested.
  • Eli is a great night time sleeper. He hasn't always been. From first day home until 12 weeks he slept for 6 hours wake to feed and then right back to sleep for another 6 hrs. From 3 months to 8 months his sleep patterns were horrible. I was so very tired everyday. Now he STTN for 10-11 hours on the weekends and holidays but I have to take him up early during the work week. It's pure bliss. Mama is a happy restful camper.

Don't feel guilty that you have a good sleeper. Just be happy. You might not get so lucky with your next, if you have another child.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Aside from the occasional rough night from teething or a bad dream, DS sleeps great. He is in bed by 7:30pm and sleeps straight on through until about 5:30am or so. We get up at that time for work anyway, so it's not a big deal. Then he naps twice during the day, usually 2-3 hour naps unless he is sick and then he seems to sleep less for some reason.

Question for everyone: do you let your LO take more than a 3 hour nap during the day? 

• imagewolverine8:

Question for everyone: do you let your LO take more than a 3 hour nap during the day? 

DD naps for 1 hour in the am and anywhere between 1-3 hours in the afternoon.  She loves to sleep!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I do!  Right around 10 weeks is when he started sleeping though the night.  Actually I can recall the exact day it started.  It was the first day Noah started Daycare.

But I do have to tell you before those 10 weeks, my life was a living hell with him getting up 3-4 times a night.  That ALONE is enough to make me not want another child.  Mama needs AND wants her sleep.

• imagewolverine8:

DS has always been a great sleeper, aside from the bumps in the road that we've had. Thankfully, they never last long. *knocks on wood*

In response to your question ---- I don't let DS take more than a 2 hour nap during the day. He fights sleep as it is. He will refuse to go to bed if he's had too much sleep during the day. I envy those that have LOs that can take long naps and still go to bed at a decent hour and STTN.

• Reece is an awesome sleeper. He has STTN since he was about 2 months old. He goes down at 10pm and wakes sometime between 830-10am. Depending on how late he gets up, he usually takes 3 naps.

Someone asked if we let our LO sleep longer than 3 hours for a nap. I do. If he is sleeping, I figure that it is probably because he is tired. My opinion is that you never wake a sleeping baby. The only time we wake him is if he is napping and we have to go somewhere. Even when he has his long naps though, he still STTN.

• 12-14 hr a night here, and usually two 2-3hr naps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"