Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Just came across B's birth story...

...and ladies, let me tell you, it was incredible to re-live that moment again by reading it. Here it is - I shared it on 3rd Tri about 2 months after B's arrival:

I started having timeable BH on Monday morning. They would be timeable, but would stop. Be timeable, then stop.  My membranes were stripped on Tuesday morning and I was told to come in for an induction on Thursday evening at 5pm. I had already lost my bloody show and tons of MP and everything.

On Wed. morning I started having painful contractions and DH came home from work. We went out shopping to get some walking in. On Wed. night at 10pm they were timeable...every 4-5 minutes apart. It was like 1:30am on Thursday and they were still painful, still timeable, and I could NOT sleep. But when I stood up to get ready to go to the hospital, I could barely feel the contractions. I sat back down and they were painful again. I decided we were going in. Even if they sent me home, which I was SURE they would do, I wanted to go in because I could NOT sleep.

Well, we got there, and they kept me! I was in absolute shock. I'd always heard not to go in unless they were unbearable and I couldn't walk or talk through them. I'm pretty sure they only kept me because I was supposed to be induced that evening anyways.

They gave me...the drug that makes you loopy and I slept through the night. Ok...this drug is crazy. I had no warning of what it would do to me. My throat started burning at first and then everything was spinning and I hated it and it scared me. My speech was slurred too and it felt like I was falling out of the hospital bed. But once the drug was in my system, I loved it! Haha It definitely made me loopy.

In the morning my doctor came in and said they were going to start pitocin because my contractions were pretty much non existent at that point. She said she was having more than me - she was pregnant too lol. They started the pitocin and gradually up'd the dosage. I started feeling the contractions again and they became regular and very frequent. I did not take any classes or set up a birth plan or anything. All I did is breathe in and out slowly through each contraction and count in my head. I layed on my side and put my hand on the rail. Oh, and I got up to pee like a hundred times! Haha.

Anyways, once they became pretty painful I got the epi and they had to put it in twice because my spine was crooked and none of us knew it. Not bad at all though - no worries. It was just hard to bend over because baby was still up in my ribs.

At that point I was thinking...wow, this is a piece of cake! It really was. The contractions weren't even bad, and I already had an epi. My legs felt like water balloons...not the best feeling...but I wasn't feeling any contractions!

The next time they checked me they broke my water. I saw it and it was greenish brown. I knew what that meant - meconium. I didn't worry though, which is weird for me because I worry about everything! It took a few hours to get to 10cm, but there were several women who were ready to push at the same time so I waited and "labored down". Weirdest feeling ever.

Anyways, the nurse said I could start pushing. I pushed once or twice and she called the doctor bc LO was crowning. BUT the other girl wasn't done delivering yet so they told me to stop pushing. I did. But my little man's heart rate was dropping each time I had a contraction so I had to wear an oxygen mask. I did worry then. At one point the nurse could not find his heartbeat but said it was because my pelvis bones were in the way.

My doctor finally came in as well as a special doctor because of the possible meconium ingestion and I pushed through about 4 contractions and my little man was here. 8lbs,11oz, 21.5 inches long! He was beautiful. He had a head full of dark hair just like I knew he would! He had no complications from the meconium.

I had a 2nd degree tear. The end of delivery was not fun, they just sewed me up and pushed on my tummy to get the placenta out and it hurt like crazy while I shook uncontrollably.

The next morning I almost passed out twice because I wasn't expecting it to feel like everything inside of me was going to fall out my crotch! lol I only took the smallest dosage of oxy codon twice in the hospital, but other than that I took motrin and when I got home I only took motrin for like 2 days. Oh, and stool softeners! haha

But seriously I recovered so quickly I was back to normal a week after delivery. No pain. Just itchiness.

Oh man, I know I'm leaving things out. It went so well though. I had been praying everything would go smoothly and EVERYTHING did! God is good!

I know everyone doesn't have an easy delivery, but don't think it's rough for everyone either.

Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)

Re: Just came across B's birth story...

• I still love reading birth stories, and if I wasn't so tired I'd type mine up too! Thinking about it almost, almost wants to have another! (just kidding, no way am I having another!! As long as the birth control works!!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageToBeClements:
    I still love reading birth stories, and if I wasn't so tired I'd type mine up too! Thinking about it almost, almost wants to have another! (just kidding, no way am I having another!! As long as the birth control works!!)

LOL I want to have another and can't wait until I do, but we are going to wait until LO is 2 to try for another! 

Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • Loading the player...
  • You're crazy!!! Just kidding, I wish had the guts to have another, but if i posted my birth story, you'd know that I had complications after birth and that scares DH and I too much to possibly go through it again. Plus, I'm an only child and I love it. LO will too!!
  • imagesourpatchkids:

They gave me...the drug that makes you loopy and I slept through the night. Ok...this drug is crazy. I had no warning of what it would do to me. My throat started burning at first and then everything was spinning and I hated it and it scared me. My speech was slurred too and it felt like I was falling out of the hospital bed. But once the drug was in my system, I loved it! Haha It definitely made me loopy.

i never want to take this drug again!!!!!!!

• I cant believe you only had to push a few times! I pushed for 2hours and was pushing every few minutes! Plus, I got the epi but it only worked on half of my body so I ended up feeling every single contraction on one side of my body which was horrible! I have to say though that I cant wait to go through this again because it was still absolutely amazing even if it was verry painful! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"