Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Ear tugging

Nanette has been tugging at her left ear, mostly while she's eating, for the last couple of weeks, but it's been increasing, and tonight she was kind of whining too.  She is in the process of cutting her first tooth (lower middle).  Can teething cause ear discomfort?  She doesn't have a fever or anything, and isn't sick.
bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
The Bump MoM Recipe Collection

Re: Ear tugging

• My pedi said that ear tugging is one of the first sign of teething =)
    Since babies can't differentiate whether the pain is in their mouth or inner ear, they often touch their ears a lot during teething.
    Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks Kayla!  I hadn't heard that before, and just after I hit send to post this, I noticed her twin sister doing it too.  Thank goodness, I was worried that we had ear infections brewing or something.
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is getting over his first ear infection so I was worried when I saw that he was still pulling on his ears however, I just found two bottom teeth coming in so I am inclined to think its because of the teeth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If there is no fever than it is likely the teething, not an ear infection. Ear tugging is one the big teething signs. DS does it too.

• my son has 2 bottom teeth. when those came in, he didnt "ear tug".  but ive noticed that lately he's been tugging at both ears. pedi confirmed no ear infection. so i assume hes probably teething again... ive read ear tugging is a sign, as pp's have said..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"