Babies: 6 - 9 Months

does your LO "get" waving?

today we were at cvs, and riley looked at the wall of magazines, smiled, and waved at them Indifferent later, when we were at home the dog walked in the room.. and riley giggled, smiled, and waved at her too. a few minutes ago she was sitting on her playmat... and i'm 99% sure she waved at herself. lol. please tell me other babies haven't quite figured it out either!! :P
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: does your LO "get" waving?

• Mae has no idea what she is doing. She waves bye-bye when she excited. Sometimes she holds both hands out in front and waves at herself.

She actually does it the most if one of us picks her up and the other is standing near by. I think that is most similar to her situation when we do it at daycare. 

• My daughter didn't get waving until well over a year old, maybe closer to 2, don't remember exactly.  I'd say Riley is advanced if she has begun trying to wave already!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekate930:

Mae has no idea what she is doing. She waves bye-bye when she excited. Sometimes she holds both hands out in front and waves at herself.

She actually does it the most if one of us picks her up and the other is standing near by. I think that is most similar to her situation when we do it at daycare. 

lol... they're twins!

• Annika flaps her arms and gets excited when people wave hi or bye to her.  But I don't think she's really waving at people...just flapping.  That's pretty amazing that Riley's waving already!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePocky873:
    Annika flaps her arms and gets excited when people wave hi or bye to her.  But I don't think she's really waving at people...just flapping.  That's pretty amazing that Riley's waving already!

well, i'm not really sure she knows what she's doing!! for some reason i thought more babies waved at this age... but i'm basing this on like, two other posts. so i guess i won't think she's a weirdo then :)

• Aiden honest to God waved "bye bye" to one of the toddlers sending him off on his last day of daycare.  Beyond that I assume he's thinking "peace out!" when we wave at him because he doesn't wave back :-p
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• i find it funny that a lot of moms on here underestimate their babies. im not trying to start anything, but seriously, we (hubby and i) as well as my sons pedi, are quite sure he understands a few things. such as waving. we say "hello" or "bye" and he waves. if he hears someone else say these things, he waves.

i get guff on here sometimes from other moms telling me that my son doesnt know this from that because hes too young, but be it as it may, it doesnt mean hes not smart. babies are very aware and not as dim as some think. i dont really know how the children of the parents who give crap to me, are.. but it sure seems like they are being underestimated.. 

P.S. "kirbus" i LOVE your siggy picture. did he do this on his own? how on earth did you catch this pose?? --awesome! Yes

• My DD waves but its really more like mimicking or signing. She will wave if we say "bye bye" and she will wave if someone waves to her, but she doesn't get that its a greeting or a goodbye. She also waves at herself and thinks its the greatest. She looks at us like hey are you seeing this its waving!
  • LO is JUST starting to wave, in the last week or so, he doesn't do it on command but 75% of time will do it back if he's waved to... but he also waves at buildings and other odd objects lol
  • imagePocky873:
    Annika flaps her arms and gets excited when people wave hi or bye to her.  But I don't think she's really waving at people...just flapping.  That's pretty amazing that Riley's waving already!
    This exactly. They don't understand this type of social interaction for a while
  • Sophia doesn't wave or clap her hands yet. I really don't think she'll get it for awhile...she does flaps her arms though when she gets excited about getting in the bath :P
  • Owen has been doing it pretty often now, though its hit or miss on whether he will do it when it makes sense. Sometimes he will wave to people when they wave at him, and he makes b sounds like hs is trying to say bye. He usually waves at other people but not usually at us. He will wave at himself in the mirror, and sometimes at his toys.

He does flap his arms around when he gets excited on his playmat but I don't count that as waving.

• Grant waves at random objects and himself too. But he does seem to understand that the point is to get people's attention. I think he just likes doing it. He claps at everything also.

• Abs ONLY waves at "the baby in the mirror".
  • imagecampSnoopy02:

i find it funny that a lot of moms on here underestimate their babies. im not trying to start anything, but seriously, we (hubby and i) as well as my sons pedi, are quite sure he understands a few things. such as waving. we say "hello" or "bye" and he waves. if he hears someone else say these things, he waves.

i get guff on here sometimes from other moms telling me that my son doesnt know this from that because hes too young, but be it as it may, it doesnt mean hes not smart. babies are very aware and not as dim as some think. i dont really know how the children of the parents who give crap to me, are.. but it sure seems like they are being underestimated.

P.S. "kirbus" i LOVE your siggy picture. did he do this on his own? how on earth did you catch this pose?? --awesome! Yes

What, what? 

You aren't actually suggesting that we think our babies are dim?

• kinda? she waves to herself and waves at dh when he gets home from work, but i think that's cause dh praises her so much for doing it. she gets so proud of herself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"