Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I need to vent.

DH is at work and my mom isn't picking up her phone. My one friend is semi mad at me and this involves my other friend, so you lucky ladies get my vent.

I was just told that the little girl I watch twice a week will not be coming anymore. This will be her last day. Her mom (my friend) found an in-home daycare closer to her house. I understand that and I'm not mad. I would have liked to have known they were looking elsewhere before the last day here though. I am going to miss her. She has become like a sister to Gage and they really love each other. They say each other's names and wave hi all day.

The part that I am really upset about (because I know I will still see her) is the sudden loss of money. I SAH so the $200 a month was really helpful. It may not seem like much but it pays out electric and cable. So now, I am just out that money. We have already been spending more than we bring in, so this just makes it all that much worse. I am just in tears, because I know I am going to have to get a part time job now. With going to college too, it means more time away from Gage and that hurts so much to think about.

And that means he will have to go to MIL's which I didn't want to have to do more than I already do for classes. I know she loves him a lot, but her style of child care is much different than mine and she won't change for anyone. I can't afford anywhere else. What would be the point in paying for childcare when the reason I have to work is to make extra money.

I just feel sick over this. It just hit me out of the blue. If I had some warning it might not hurt so bad or be such a shock. I just keep tearing up. Thanks for listening if you made it this far.

Re: I need to vent.

• Sorry to hear that Sad

Is there any way to cut back your expenditures so you're living more within your means and don't have to get a job? It's hard having to go back to work, especially with you already going to school!

• That's ashame.  Is there anyone else you could watch to take his place?  Maybe post an ad on craigslist or something.  I bet you could get even more than $200/month.  Here the minimum for in-home daycare is around $100/week. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • On top of trimming finances do you have a co-op where you live? I belong to one on top of my DCP and my parents (they watch my daughter 2 days a week). It helps out a lot with the cost of daycare.
  • imagedragonsmercy:

Sorry to hear that Sad

Is there any way to cut back your expenditures so you're living more within your means and don't have to get a job? It's hard having to go back to work, especially with you already going to school!

We have cut back so much already. We will have to find a way.

BTW, you have a PM

• That really does suck!  I'm SAH and before DH and I moved out of the city I baby sat 2 other kids.  I had luck posting an ad on Craigslist.  It took about a week for someone to contact me.  You could give it a shot.  This way you could still SAH and make $.  I also think it's better to sit for someone other than a friend.  That way you don't feel obligated to under charge or watch for free if $ is tight.  I charged $100/week per child.  But you could look at the ads in your area and see what the going rates are. I also kept it posted on my FB page and got a little extra for watching friends kids on date nights and such.  Good Luck and keep your chin up.  Things will work out. T&P:)

• Im sorry!!! I know that is hard! DH and i are in a similar boat financially but i cant go back to work bc we dont have family or friends we can leave the LOs with and as i am sure you can imaine 2 in day care is a nightmare! We feel super stuck! This last week i have barely eaten bc i am so stressed! i have been debating on watching a LO for someone but i have a hard enough time with my two hahaha! Ive been looking for another means of working at home. 

GL!!! Maybe you will need to leave you LO with your MIL for a short period until you are done with college.  Its not forever ya know?  Wish i could be more help!!!

• Can you find another kid to watch to make up the extra money? Maybe even more than one?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageemmared1986:
    imagedragonsmercy:

Sorry to hear that Sad

We have cut back so much already. We will have to find a way.

BTW, you have a PM

Back at ya! BTW, if you need a website for budgeting ideas, I know a great one with some online tools.

• sorry to hear that... I agree with pp ... post an ad on craigs list

GL to you and your family!! 

• imagekatypresson:

That's ashame.  Is there anyone else you could watch to take his place?  Maybe post an ad on craigslist or something.  I bet you could get even more than $200/month.  Here the minimum for in-home daycare is around $100/week. 

I agree with this.  I also recommend a contract.  When I had Jack in an in-home day care, there was a 2 week notice for termination.  Even though Jack was home with me, we still paid for those 2 weeks.  That way, you would have those two weeks to look for other work and not be out the cash.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"