Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Whats your morning routine with LO?

From the time they wake?  I don't think mine is working... but nothing is working much in the sleep dept in my house so I am looking at what others are doing (and is working!)

Me- when she wakes before 6, rock and back to bed. If she wakes after 6, cuddle in our bed, watch Elmo and sippy of milk. Around 6:30 or 7, I have to get up and get ready. She either hangs and plays with DH- who works nites- then around 7:30 or 8, we either leave for DC, or she goes downstairs for some more milk, cereal, and a little more TV time Embarrassed / playtime with DH. 

So, what does morning look like in your house?

Re: Whats your morning routine with LO?

• Options

If it's a weekday, DH will feed him breakfast and take him to DC since I'll be getting up to go to work. If it's a weekend, it's me that's up and making breakfast and taking care of DS for the day since DH works nights and some weekends. It works out really well since both of our work and sleep schedules coincide perfectly.

I don't usually have DS watch tv with me, but there's nothing wrong if DS is having some tv time/playtime with DH. :) 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS usually wakes between 7-8. We sit down and do breakfast when he wakes up & then, depending on the day.. we either have playtime with toys, coloring, playdough until nap at 1. Or we go to the park, or run errands.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get up at 7 unless she is up first. While I am getting ready, she is sleeping and then when she gets up she starts playing with "morning toys". I usually change her diaper and give her a cup of water right when she gets up. We bought some special toys that she can only play with in the morning because otherwise she would get bored with them. Then I change her and bring her to daycare. Somedays it takes longer to get ready than others but most of the time, we are out the door within an hour.
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• Options

If it's a DC day, DH wakes him, gives him a bottle on the couch with cartoons (gasp) while he finishes getting ready, and has him to DC by 7am. (I don't get home from work until 8-8:30am).  If it's not a DC day... He sleeps until 9 or 10, has a bottle, plays for a while, and then has some breakfast... cereal or oatmeal and fruit. 

Cartoons are on at our house most of the day, but DS doesn't usually pay attention to them unless he's having a bottle.  He likes the music though, and stops and dances while the music is on. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BPF#2 3/26/11
    U/S #1 4/26/11 for spotting= low heart rate and measuring 1 week small
    U/S #2 5/3/11 No heart rate found. D&C done 5/4/11 at 9w 2d.
  • Options

Weekday: I wake around 6:30 and get showered/dressed while DH lets the dog outside.  Then we turn the light on in DS's room at 7am to start waking him up.  Around 7:10 we pull him out of bed to change his diaper and get him dressed - he gets pretty pissed off about that.  =)

Then we're out the door by 7:20/7:25am.  I give him a sippy of milk for the ride to Papa's house.  Once he's there he eats breakfast.  DH and I carpool to work everyday (we work about 1/4 mile from each other). 

Weekends: We sleep in until whenever DS wakes up - which is usually around 8 or 8:30am.  Sometimes later...then DS gets a sippy of milk and watches cartoons while I make breakfast. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"