Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

s/o crib for #2

What about the transition bed for #1?  Will you do a toddler bed or a regular sized twin bed with rails?  Thoughts please!

Re: s/o crib for #2

• Options
    we didnt want to have to buy another crib so we transitioned DS #1 to a twin bed with rails about a month ago. It went great & no extra money was spent since we had the twin bed already. :)
  • Options

We bought DS1 a convertible crib and will transition him into the toddler bed and then full bed when he's ready. In dealing with a sleeping solution for DS2, I totally left DS1's set out of it since he's still young and I didn't have a need to move him from his comfort zone. We bought DS2 his own convertible crib set. We play with the idea of letting the boys share rooms once they're older, but for now, I am going to relish and cherish the fact that I have enough rooms in the house to give them each their own space and quiet.

As to transitioning immediately to a twin bed, I guess it could make sense with rails depending on the age of the child, but wouldn't most kids just jump over the rail and get out of bed? I know my son would without question. I am much more comfortable with the idea of a toddler bed if only because of the limited amount of heighth from the ground.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD's crib is a convertible, so we'll use that as a toddler and then a full size bed for her and get a new crib for #2. DD's crib was only $175 at Target, and it's high quality solid wood. If we can find another one at that price for #2, that will be doable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting DD a twin bed with rails soon.  I found some platform beds at Ikea (not from the children's section) but they are much lower to the ground than most beds and I figure between that and a side bed rail she will be fine.  I don't want to buy a new crib because DD will be 20 months when this LO arrives and I think its silly to buy a crib when I won't really need DD in one for much longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I already have a full sized bed in our guest room, so I'll either move that into DS's room and put rails on it, or borrow a toddler bed from a friend and reuse DS's crib for #2.
  • Options

I suppose I should write my thoughts, huh?! 

Well, although our crib is convertable, I'm thinking we will keep the crib as is for #2.  I'm also thinking I want to get a twin bed for Luke instead of a toddler bed...because toddler beds are smaller right?!  My kid is 17 months (this Friday) and he's already 33 inches.  I don't want him to be in a small toddler bed if it's not going to last him that long...

• Options
    We converted the crib into a toddler bed.  Once #2 comes, we'll convert it back to the crib for the new baby and DS will get his own toddler bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are transitioning DS to a twin bed with rails in a few months. We planned all along to use the crib for all our babies.
  • Options
    imageLopo:

I suppose I should write my thoughts, huh?! 

Well, although our crib is convertable, I'm thinking we will keep the crib as is for #2.  I'm also thinking I want to get a twin bed for Luke instead of a toddler bed...because toddler beds are smaller right?!  My kid is 17 months (this Friday) and he's already 33 inches.  I don't want him to be in a small toddler bed if it's not going to last him that long...

Yeah, toddler beds are smaller..our friend offered her daughters old crib mattress from her toddler bed..so I am assuming its the same size mattress as a crib would use..?  My mom told me that all her kids went to a  twin at 2 and toddler beds were a waste of money..once I saw how long my niece was in a toddler bed (barely used it) I decided we would skip that and go right to a twin. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We got a free toddler bed from neighbors, so that is set up in DS's room. He still sleeps in his crib though. We bought a second crib for DD.

• Options
    If we are still in our condo when #2 arrives (TTC now) we will go the toddler bed route.  If moved by then we have a double bed for him (now in storage) and will put side rails on it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"