3rd Trimester

Yikes, just started going through boy clothes for our girl...

This is a daunting task. We have 6 bins of DS's clothes and I thought it would be "fun" to start going through them to find gender neutral stuff. Yeah, we don't have any! There are MAYBE 3 outfits that are yellow and can work for a girl. The rest is blue and/or say something about a boy. I dont really mind dressing my daughter in blue, all of the clothes are in great shape and so soft and perfect for her, but there is something overwhelming about having nothing girly, and not knowing what to do with 6 bins of boy clothes (no one in our family has a boy, everyone is done having kids, and I debate keeping it all or giving it away).

Phew, what a morning. I think that I need to find some good girl sales!

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
I love these two beautiful children!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Yikes, just started going through boy clothes for our girl...

• You can cut up your son's clothes and make a quilt out of them. I'm going to do that for my daughter's baby clothes if this one turns out to be a boy.
  • I think if I ever have a girl (after 3 boys) that I'd still for sure use the sleepers, etc for bedtime jammies, days you aren't going anywhere, etc. 

Just remember those days where you are on outfit #4 by 10 am and I don't think you'll care what color they are. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagelilbit923:
    You can cut up your son's clothes and make a quilt out of them. I'm going to do that for my daughter's baby clothes if this one turns out to be a boy.

Great thinking! I have seen quilts like this before. I will keep out some favorites in hopes to learn how to quilt. Thanks for the idea!

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Same here. However, Ive already accepted the fact that my DD will be sleeping in sleep sacks with little footballs on them. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah we're in trouble if we have a boy next time around.  It's not just pink that we're up against, but we have a lot of stuff with flowers, bows, hearts and ruffled sleeves.
  • if you have the room, i would keep them in case you have another boy someday.. but if thats not in your plan, then time to donate them or sell them to a consignment store and get some money back to get more girl clothes. :)
  • I don't know what we're having yet, but I know what you mean.  All of our early stuff is gender neutral because we didn't find out sex with DS either, but after that, I'm not sure I'll be able to reuse very much.  There are so few clothes out there that are really gender neutral!

I'm looking forward to giving a lot of stuff away if we have a girl, though.  We've got so many boxes in our basement.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If it helps, I know Target has a clearance sale going on and I got a lot of really great stuff for super cheap....I was actually shopping for our friend and found a cute little outfit for my LO....Other than that I have been shopping the Goodwill route, and I have found the most amazing outfits there.  I got 20 outfits on Sunday for $25!

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have seen some great sales at Macy's, Kohls and Target so maybe you can get some cute clothes for your little girl there! Also, I just sold some maternity clothes at a consignment shop and was thrilled with what they gave me. I imagine you get less for baby clothes since they are less expensive, but if you are done having kids after this one, I say take it and try to get some money out of it to buy your little girl some new clothes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I babysit for a lot of families, and I've found that the kids actually don't mind sharing pajamas and such. Even jeans. When theyre really little they dont know the difference, and when they're older, if they arent super picky, theyre comfy in whatever.
  • I did that with DS's clothes a while ago and surprisingly, there was more than I expected. I pulled out a lot of his pants and overalls b/c they could be paired with a girly shirt and maybe a hair accessory.

The rest of his clothes, I put in a box to give away to friends or family....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"