3rd Trimester

Any other 2nd time moms bored?

Since we arent having a shower & we already have everything we need for boy #2.. i feel as if im a little bored. 

The swing and bouncer are setup, the crib is ready, changing table is ready, clothes are in the drawers.. the carseat is ready, diaper bag is packed and the only thing really left to do is pack the hospital bag... but i pretty much still have 9 weeks for that. 

I kind of feel like im just twiddling my thumbs when it comes to having this baby.. I mean, im staying occupied with my toddler thats for sure.. but when it comes to this pregnancy, i feel like there is no nesting or things to do. 

Am i alone in this? 

Re: Any other 2nd time moms bored?

• good for you!  you're on the ball.  we finally got things prepared this past weekend after i had to go to L&D due to timeable contrax.  that was our wakeup call! 
  • Well, I wouldn't say i'm bored.  I am also not having a shower, although I do have some shopping to do because I gave a whole bunch of stuff to my brother about 2 months before finding out I was pregnant.

I would say I'm a total slacker.  I haven't even cleaned out the room that we're going to use as a nursery.  I haven't bought or ordered a dresser.  Haven't even decided if we're going to use the same bedding or buy something new.  Haven't really discussed names except once.  This poor child is totally getting the shaft.

And yet for some reason I'm not really worried at all. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageHelms:
    good for you!  you're on the ball.  we finally got things prepared this past weekend after i had to go to L&D due to timeable contrax.  that was our wakeup call! 

whew! That would definitely be a wakeup call! 

• I am not bored. lol. I am getting a sprinkle since this one is a boy so I am looking forward to seeing my family again. I have been so busy at work training the girl that is replacing me. We got our house fully painted, replaced all of our floors and the countertops are next. We have been very, very busy. lol. Oh and I still haven't put his crib together or his room. I need to get even busier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsR0908:

I am not bored. lol. I am getting a sprinkle since this one is a boy so I am looking forward to seeing my family again. I have been so busy at work training the girl that is replacing me. We got our house fully painted, replaced all of our floors and the countertops are next. We have been very, very busy. lol. Oh and I still haven't put his crib together or his room. I need to get even busier.

gah!! I need some house remodeling to keep my busy! 

• Well, we just finished the baby room this weekend, and I spent last week shopping for the baby, and getting things together for the hospital. So, right now I am feeling more relief than anything that those things are finally done! I'm not bored yet because I still feel like there is more to do- we are also trying to potty train DS, and I'm preparing for a long maternity leave at work- so I seem to be busy every minute which helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Um, yes.  You ARE alone.  I haven't even painted the nursery or put together the crib let alone sort through clothes and put together a swing.  

Anytime you'd like to come over and work on all the crap I've been putting off, you are more than welcome.  lol. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Hey LB :)

This is my first but we have most of the major stuff and the shower is mostly just to collect some of the more minor things and see if anyone will buy us the travel system on our registry.  Other than that I feel like I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for LO and for me to be able to quit working.  I wish I could stop now but I know I would end up mostly just sitting around at home not doing much so there is no point, especially since we could use what income I bring in until the end.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wouldn't say I'm bored really, but I don't have that much to do. The kids are sharing a room so I don't have a new nursery to put together, I already have all the clothes I need, and not to mention that I am SO DONE with pregnancy lol. I'm so flippin' uncomfortable!
  • I wouldn't say I'm bored....but I don't really have much to do.  We are also having boy #2.  His room is finished (paint, bedding, decorations) but I started right when we found out it was a boy.  We'd been trying for #2 for almost a year, so I knew exactly what I wanted already.  We've pulled out the bassinet, swing, bouncers and washed what I could on them.  All of the newborn clothes are ready to go, but we will need to buy more clothes for him because they're going to be born in opposite seasons.

All I really have left to do is clean and install the carseat, pack our bags, sterilize pumps, paci's and bottles. 

• I'm not bored, but I haven't done much and I don't have much to do.  We just moved DS to his big boy room, so the nursery's already all set up.  I can't think of anything we need right off the bat, except some diapers.  I need to wash some clothes, install the carseat, pull some baby gear out of the basement, and register at the hospital and that's it.

It's kind of weird.  I feel like I should be either doing more or stressing out about not having it done.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I completely know what you mean....I'm ready but there is nothing left to do but wait.  I go back to work tomorrow so maybe that will make time go faster! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope not bored at all. I've been busy washing pretty much everything that has to do with the baby, organizing clothes, and making meals to freeze. I still need to pack my hospital bag, get DH to clean out the car, and install the infant car seat. I'm also taking these last few weeks to really spend as much time with DS as possible since I know my time will be divided once LO arrives.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Well if I was as organized as you I might be bored....but I am not even close to being that far along with being ready so actually I am freaking out!  I still have all of those things to do!!
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I am with you, kinda.  I am completely NOT ready.  Well, I feel like we aren't but we are I guess.  We have a bassinet, diapers, clothes, bottles, carseat, etc.  all the stuff we need asap.  However, the only thing that is accessible are the clothes, bassinet, diapers, and carseat- but the base is not installed.

The crib is in pieces in the garage, the dresser is empty, and his room is filled with storage containers.

I am having a shower, and am very grateful, but honestly, I would rather just get together with my good friends and have lunch.

I am very excited to have this baby, but I can't get myself in the excited mindset. Last time I was anxious and curious, this time i feel like i know what to expect so I am just waiting till the fun begins. 

• Im with you on this one. I got the car seat all ready today. All i have left to do is pack my hospital bag, set up the pack n play and clean the swing.

I havent cleaned any of her clothes yet either, but I will probably just do that as I go along. 

I just realized, though, that I need to sterilize my pump parts and bottles. LOVE adding things to my checklist...sad I know. 

• I wish I was bored! I feel like there's so much to do! But over the weekend I ordered the wall letters and DS's toddler mattress, and today I got storage baskets for the kids' room. DH is painting this weekend so that'll make me feel better. But I still feel like there's 83058340 other small things to get done!
  • there are times that I feel that I am bored or I wanted to do some more, but I know that I have to wait because MH would have a hissy fit if I went out and bought something else. I do have a few things left to do but that is just gear set up and that can't come up until the tree goes away.
  • The nursery is complete and we have all of the clothes, diapers and supplies we need but I am so busy with working full-time, going to school full-time and taking care of my toddler that I am crazy busy.  I am trying to finish my school program before LO arrives but time is running out and I still have so much to do!  Time needs to slow down!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"