Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Does BRU cut off your registry after 6 months?

I just tried to find my registry. My mom gave LO 2 fleece sleep sacs. We only needed one. I'd like to return one without telling her. So I was going to put it on my registry, then return it. I did that with something else a few months ago. But I just logged on and my registry is not there. Not a huge deal, but odd.

Anyone know? And I actually did have some things off my registry in a closet meaning to return them. Think I still can if they were on my registry? maybe they can access it at the store? They used to take anything back without a receipt for store credit when i had my first baby 3 years ago. now they are not as nice about it!

Re: Does BRU cut off your registry after 6 months?

• I know that Target does after a certain amount of time. Maybe just make a new one and add the items?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenorman25:
    I know that Target does after a certain amount of time. Maybe just make a new one and add the items?

I was thinking the same thing...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • yes, they definitely do because I tried returning a high chair (the one that was purchased from my registry) & BRU told me they couldn't get mine because it was past 6 months.
  • I thought they told me it's active for a year. Mine is still up.
  • I thought it was a year as well, and that you couldn't return things using it unless they show up on there as purchased. At my BRU if you just add it yourself but it isn't purchased based on the registry, they wont take it back.
  • yes. i tried to return a box of diapers when riley was 6 months, 1 day, and they wouldn't let me do it. they said my registry expired the day before. i put up a pretty big fight over it (all i wanted was to exchange size 1 for size 2) and they finally gave in. good luck!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • For Christmas stuff my DD got more than one of we just made a wish list and returned the items like that with no problems.  I just added the stuff and then marked it as purchased.
  • You can return stuff to a wish list??? I Never thought to do that!
  • They told me that if it hasn't been purchased from, it's shut down after 90 days. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was told that after 6 months, it's no longer active.  I tried to return a highchair that was missing a part and I had to "return without a receipt".  You only have a certain $ amount per year you can do this with so when I wanted to return something else that B never used (that was still on the registry) I couldn't.  ( I was at my limit for the year)  I brought my husband and I could return the item for store credit using his license.  BRU told me they are not told what the $ amount is that you can return without a receipt per year is.

Bottom line.....they suck. 

image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStarfish113:
    yes. i tried to return a box of diapers when riley was 6 months, 1 day, and they wouldn't let me do it. they said my registry expired the day before. i put up a pretty big fight over it (all i wanted was to exchange size 1 for size 2) and they finally gave in. good luck!!!

I would've loved to see that!!! 

• They told me it was three months but they did exchange everything I had as a "courtesy."  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"