Babies: 6 - 9 Months

How many oz formula or breastmilk for 7 month old?

per serving and how often? I EBF my LO 4-6 times a day depending on if he wakes in the night and how distracted his is for afternoon feedings (big brother tends to be main distraction!). I have no idea how much he is taking in. I'm going on a girls weekend for 2 days in 2 weeks and I have no idea how much to tell my husband to give him each feeding.

Also, I have about 20 oz frozen breastmilk to use that weekend. Should I start pumping every night for more? Like around 10 or so? (He goes to bed at 7 and either wakes at 4 to nurse or STTN till 7 am). Or just supplement that 20 with formula? He had a little formula his first month when he had jaundice issues and I use it now for his rice cereal, so I know he's OK to have it.

Re: How many oz formula or breastmilk for 7 month old?

• I exclusively FF and I think babies take less BM than formula.  But that said, since starting solids, LO has been taking 24-30 ounces of formula a day and our pedi said that was a good amount.  
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• i'd say 25-30oz a day with solids.

ETA; oh sorry i didn't answer your whole question. she drinks 5ozs every 3ish hours and solids 3 times a day :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • LO eats about 25-30 oz per day, in 7 oz bottles per serving.  He also solids 3x a day.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• DS will be 7 months on the 3rd; he drinks BM in combination with 3 meals per day with BM in them. Each bottle (4 times per day) is usually about 6 oz. 

Thank goodness he was so interested in food though because before that he was drinking a bottle of 7oz of BM every 2 hours and I could hardly keep up! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD takes 4-5 oz bottles of BM every 2-3 hours when I'm at work.  She's not really on a ton of solids, however.  We do at least one meal a day and were doing two before the holidays threw us out of whack.  If I had to guess I'd say she takes 25-30 oz in a 24 hour period.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I EFF DS gets between 4-5 bottles per day that are 7oz at a time so total 28-35oz per day. He also eats three solid meals per day. Sometimes depending on his mood he'll drink 4 oz of juice from a cup before his afternoon nap.
  • At 6 1/2 months he was getting all pumped milk. It was about 24 oz (six 4 oz bottles). We went straight to all FF and he took a lot more, like 30 oz (five 6 oz bottles). I would say you need at least 24 oz per day, plus have some formula available for back up.

• i think dd is getting about 5 oz at each feeding, 5 times a day, so about 25 oz, plus 2 solid feedings per day .
  • imageBaileyDoodle2010:
    i think dd is getting about 5 oz at each feeding, 5 times a day, so about 25 oz, plus 2 solid feedings per day .

this. I think you should definitely either pump more so that you've got at least 50 oz frozen for the weekend, or you need to make sure your LO will also take formula in a bottle instead of BM. It's great that you already know that formula is tolerated just fine.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageStarfish113:
    i'd say 25-30oz a day with solids.

ETA; oh sorry i didn't answer your whole question. she drinks 5ozs every 3ish hours and solids 3 times a day :)
    This. I send four 5 oz bottles to daycare and she nurses at around 5:30, bedtime, and usually once at night. If I don't pump enough at work sometimes I supplement with formula and she does fine. Have fun!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When I was working LO took 6 oz bottles of BM every 4 hours or so
    imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How many bottles does you LO have a day?

Take LO's weight. Calculate 50 calories per lb and divide that into bottles and solid food.

Were having an issue with LO not feeding well so this is the forumla her Dr. gave us to follow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"