Babies: 6 - 9 Months

using pillows?

Does anyone know when it's okay to give LO a pillow? I know, it's a wierd question but DD did the saddest thing last night.

She woke up at 430am, I fed & changed her then put her back in her crib, on her belly (like always). She sat up and crawled over to her bumper, pulled it down and put her head on it like a pillow. she actually slept like that all night too!

So now I can't help but wonder when it is okay to give pillows?

Any ideas?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: using pillows?

• Pillow might be too much suffocation hazard at this age? I don't know. Never gave one to my older son till we moved him to his big boy bed at 2 1/2 and he still hardly uses it. Maybe she could take a lovey? Like a small taggie blanket or one of those small blanket bears? I can't remember when I started using them with my DS1.
  • i have only heard of lovies, never seen one. but i just looked it up and that looks like it may just work!!! thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have one like this. Ours is a blue dog. It was a gift. No idea they cost that much! maybe cheaper somewhere else? We had two, so I saved the brown bear one for a second baby. Glad both my kids have one. They are super soft and sweet. My 3-year-old still has the blue dog one in his big boy bed. I never see him cuddle with it, but it is one of the 3 he chose to take to grandma's house at Christmas, so he's attached!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012XO5LE/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00366TU92&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TMDH2YY2H8GBPKHRZWY

• I looked at that link again and realized those are too big. The ones I have are much smaller. Must have gotten Gund products mixed up with something else we have. Searched again for the name (can't look, both kids are asleep!) and these are the ones we have:

https://www.cornerstorkbabygifts.com/satineesnugs-animal-lovies.aspx

LO has the brown bear. DS1 has one they must not make anymore.

• I asked our pedi the same thing on our 6 mo appt and she said it was fine since my DD has mastered rolling from back to belly and belly to back. I was telling her that as soon as she hits my pillow she falls asleep and I wanted to try to give her her own so she would sleep better in her crib.

My aunt came from Brazil to visit us last month and she brought me a couple of baby pillows, it is very common in Brazil for the babies to have pillows, one of them is very thin and that is the one we are using now and then we have a fluffier one for when she gets bigger !

She seems to like it a lot, I just went in there and took a pic so you can have an idea of what I am talking about, she sleeps in her sleepsuit and she cannot move when she has it on so I am not too scared about her having the pillow or the blanket and she also has her lovie and a couple of her pacis ...

• lol.  My DD was using the bumper as a pillow as well.  I removed the bumper yesterday and she's got a blanket that I knitted in the crib with her.  She's sitting up on her own now so I'm pretty sure she's gonna be ok.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"