Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Are you using your crib bumper?

We didn't buy one, but now that ds is moving more, I'm concerned about his feet getting stuck between the rails.  It's happened once during the day, but I'd hate for that to wake him up at night.  At the same time, couldn't a baby get a limb stuck underneath the bumper?  Or are they more secure than that?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you using your crib bumper?

• A bumper would stop LOs arms from getting stuck. Breathable bumpers are recomended so the baby doesn't suffocate, but DD moves around enough that I don't worry about it and we use padded bumpers.

• We use a breathable bumper. Once DD did manage to slide part of it down with her foot and get her foot through, but it hasn't happened again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We started off without bumpers because we ordered them & they were late.  My LO got her arm stuck a few times in between the bars.  And my SIL learned my niece knew the word stuck because she shouted from her crib when she had gotten her leg stuck.  We use BreathableBaby Breathable Safer Bumpers from Target and they are cute. I feel she is safer then using regular bumpers.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • we use breatheable bumpers.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageATT&BTT:
    We started off without bumpers because we ordered them & they were late.  My LO got her arm stuck a few times in between the bars.  And my SIL learned my niece knew the word stuck because she shouted from her crib when she had gotten her leg stuck.  We use BreathableBaby Breathable Safer Bumpers from Target and they are cute. I feel she is safer then using regular bumpers.

We use the same ones. My DD got her leg caught about 3 times in one hour the first time we put her in a crib without a bumper, and hasn't gotten anything caught since we installed these.

• We never had a bumper and still don't.  LO moves around quite a bit but has never gotten stuck.  I suppose if he starts getting stuck then I might go the breathable route, but otherwise we will just stick to being bumperless

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• We used a regular padded one until I saw DD using it to try to stand higher. The mattress was already all the way down, so we just took it out and aren't using any. 
  • We use regular bumpers for our little wiggle worm. Shoot, my 3 year old would still benefit from them! I hear him banging around in his bed all the time! He was in his crib with bumpers till right about 2 1/2 and we always had bumpers in. Never had any problems.
  • imageATT&BTT:
    We started off without bumpers because we ordered them & they were late.  My LO got her arm stuck a few times in between the bars.  And my SIL learned my niece knew the word stuck because she shouted from her crib when she had gotten her leg stuck.  We use BreathableBaby Breathable Safer Bumpers from Target and they are cute. I feel she is safer then using regular bumpers.

Thx for this. DS had his 2 feet poking out of the crib the other day. I never thought about using the bumpers that came w/ his bedding and this seems like a safer alternative.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.  I think I'll try them out and see if they can contain my little wiggle worm.  Can't roll over but can turn himself 180 degrees in his crib by kicking his legs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This may sound kinda weird, but our pedi suggested that instead of using bumpers, we just use zip ties (make sure the excess is on the OUTSIDE of the crib) to attach plexi-glass, or something similar, to the outside of the crib bars.  The plexi-glass allows for full height covering (thus preventing DD from digging under the bumper and getting stuck) and by being on the outside they don't pose a suffocation risk.  I should also note that our pedi is a good friend of ours and knows that DH is an engineer and all about rigging things himself...  =)
    Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just put the bumper in DS's crib.  He's been moving around so much and hit his head on the crib the other day.  We don't have the breathable kind, but with his constant movement and our video monitor, I feel comfortable having him use it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDuckLover:
    we use breatheable bumpers.

this. 

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have the breathable bumpers for around her crib and then i left her fancy cushion bumpers for her to snuggle with. They aren't tied and she is strong enough to throw them. My daughter every night lies to her side cuddling one. We have them placed around her lying down.
  • We used them until LO started standing and then took them out as I was concerned he would climb on them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have used the bumper with both boys since the first day they were in their crib. We even transferred it to Preston's toddler bed (daybed position) when he moved out of the crib.
    image Preston 10/13/06 - Harrison 04/14/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"