1st Trimester

Tear in my uterus

Hi! I am 9 weeks pregant with my 4th child. We have always wanted 4 and planned on this child being our last. At 7 1/2 week I started spotting and had a couple gushes of bleeding, Went to  emergency room and drs and both said I had a tear in my uterus, the babies heart beat and count was low and that I was going to have a miss carriage in just a matter of time. I went home and was on bed rest for 3 days and am still taking it as easy as I can for having 3 other kids to take care of but since then I still haven't had hardly any cramps and my bleeding has stopped completely! I have tried looking things up online about this but there is hardly ANYTHING on it so I was wondering if any of you have ever had this happen to you and what was your outcome? I don't have a drs app to check up on the baby until next wednesday. I count myself blessed to have 3 and know that many women struggle to get just one. I know that no matter the outcome it is for a reason and just hope to get through this. Thanks so much for your time.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tear in my uterus

• im so sorry. this never happened to me, but my t&p are w/ you. ((hugs))

Married 5/15/10. Me (29). DH (33). BFP#1 7/25/10 - Missed m/c 8wks - D&E 8/25/10 BFP#2 12/25/10 - Missed m/c 7wks - D&E 1/20/11 (second loss due to abnormal chromosome 7) Genetics testings- Normal. RPL panel results- Normal. Elevated FSH (14). DH b/w normal. SA- Normal. HSG- Left tube possibly blocked. Minor septum removed. My Ovulation Chart ~~ Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success. For who so strongly hopes has within him the gift of miracles ~~ image
  • Have you called your doctor to get clarification?  I can't be %100 sure, but I'm almost certain you can't have a uterine tear without needing lifesaving surgery immediately.  You would hemorrhage internally without it. 

If they meant a placental tear (abruption) depending on the degree of the tear it may or may not end in miscarriage.

I have a subchorionic hematoma...which is bleeding that occurs between the layers of lining in the uterus and usually gathers and clots in the uterus.  I've had several large bleeding episodes and have been on modified bedrest for about 3 weeks.  So far my baby is doing great, but the heartbeat and my numbers were always good too.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Yes it is a  tear in my uterus. I know they said it is rare and that I am not far enough along for it to be much of a risk to me. The ER dr said it could heal and I could be fine but 95% I would miscarry and my dr said its a doomed pregnancy and to just go home and let it happen naturally and be sad and move one. (Not very sensative I know but thats not what they get paid for I guess :0( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageladdfamilyof6:
    Yes it is a  tear in my uterus. I know they said it is rare and that I am not far enough along for it to be much of a risk to me. The ER dr said it could heal and I could be fine but 95% I would miscarry and my dr said its a doomed pregnancy and to just go home and let it happen naturally and be sad and move one. (Not very sensative I know but thats not what they get paid for I guess :0( 

This is NEVER EVER an excuse! This is your baby not some random kitten you found in an alley. I've never heard of it, but I hope it works out soon! T&P for you and your family. Do your kiddos know?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @ Duckieer - Yes and they are very excited. My daughter wants a baby sister and my boys want a brother. We were hoping to wait till 12 weeks to tell people but 1 wrong person found out and told the world it seems like (church group for ya!)  So now of course everyone keeps congratulating me and making jokes about how many I have and I almost just want to punch them in the face. (I know they don't know whats going on and they don't know how stressed I am but still) I am a pretty private person and don't really tell many people when things are going wrong, I just don't like attention to much. My friend said if anythings happens either way she will make me a shirt so people will stop asking me! Thanks so much for yout T&P. I sure could use them. 

And about the drs I know it. I couldn't get the phrase out of my head for a couple days. I couldn't believe how heartless they were about it. I know they might see miss carriages alot but still that shouldn't make you numb to a child dying! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageDuckieer:

imageladdfamilyof6:
    Yes it is a  tear in my uterus. I know they said it is rare and that I am not far enough along for it to be much of a risk to me. The ER dr said it could heal and I could be fine but 95% I would miscarry and my dr said its a doomed pregnancy and to just go home and let it happen naturally and be sad and move one. (Not very sensative I know but thats not what they get paid for I guess :0( 

This is NEVER EVER an excuse! This is your baby not some random kitten you found in an alley. I've never heard of it, but I hope it works out soon! T&P for you and your family. Do your kiddos know?

My thoughts exactly.  I hope they at least put it a little more gently when they told you.   

• This seems bizarre to me as well. A uterine tear is no small thing, that is a really really big deal. Have you called your regular dr or ob? I would get a second opinion as soon as possible. The docs you saw seem sketchy to me just from your description...
  • I don't have any advice (never known someone who has gone through this) but I do hope it works out for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Uterine tear? that doesn't sound right. A tear in your uterus is a surgical emergency as you could hemorrhage or become septic, either are life threatening. My other thought is that how would he know this? Was your cervix dilated enough that they could inspect your uterus? I'm just thinking of anatomy here but you can't really assess the uterus for a tear if the cervix is closed. 

Either way this is a sad situation and I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. I would follow up with your OB of GP asap. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just figured out how to reply to a certain post. :@) Well when I went to the emergency room they did blood work and a vaginal ultrasound and the dr said it was a tear in my uterus. Then I went to the obgyn dr 3 days later and they did another vagina ultrasound and more blood work. Both drs said the same things :@( They both said it was strange and rare but that it does happen. Then I met a girl from my in-laws church that had the same thing. I just talked to her today. She said the drs told her the same thing and told her she would misscarry any day but she never did. She bleed for over 4 months but when her baby was born he had a hole in his heart and a few other probles. Then a lady that used to be my neighbor (but is still my parents neighbor) emailed me saying she had the same thing 25 years  ago with her son and he had quite a few problems when he was born to but she stayed on bedrest almost her whole pregnancy. So I don't know how to feel exactly. Just wish i knew one way or the other........
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"