January 2011 Moms

What are your plans for tonight?

We are doing nothing. And I mean nothing. And I'm kind of depressed about it - this will be our last Friday night, our last New Year's Eve, our last time as a couple of 2 with not a care in the world...and we are doing nothing. I have a planned c/s on Thursday and I'm so excited to meet LO in less than a week -- but what about me? us? as a couple? Blah.

What about you?? 

Re: What are your plans for tonight?

• DH has to work so I'll be staying home.  Some friends are coming over with take out and we'll probably play cards or something mellow like that. 

There's still a tiny part of me that hopes this baby will come tomorrow so I'm sure I will be watching like a hawk for signs of labor.

• Other than trying to stay awake?! DH and I will be going to his grandparents for a family board game night. My family is a bit more rambunctious and my DH doesn't want to be pressured into taking random shots and what-not. Last year was our first new years as a married couple and we fell asleep around 10 and woke up around 12:30. Hoping LO will allow me to stay awake this year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejaejaevee:

DH has to work so I'll be staying home.  Some friends are coming over with take out and we'll probably play cards or something mellow like that. 

There's still a tiny part of me that hopes this baby will come tomorrow so I'm sure I will be watching like a hawk for signs of labor.

This is me too! I was thinking - it's totally gross that I am wanting so badly for random odd things to come pouring out of my vajayjay! I'll take MP, bloody show, water, WHATEVER! I so want this baby!! (Of course water would be most ideal :)
  • We are doing nothing - absolutely nothing - and that's just the way I want it. I tried going out today in the traffic and rain to run a bunch of errands, and I had a total meltdown. My hormones are just through the roof right now. I came home bawling, so DH went out and got me some Chick-Fil-A, and I feel better now. I've been cuddling with the doggies on the couch ever since. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've got a labor-inducing plan for tonight, haha. Smile Earlier I took an hour-long walk, and when DH gets home at 8 we'll have sex (not really looking forward to it...), I'll take a long bath, we'll play Mario Kart Wii (which always gives me contractions because I get so into it...lol) and then some TV in bed with a glass of wine and do some mild acupressure. 
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• We have no plans for tonight.  While I love celebrating New Year's Eve, I've been having some irregular contractions and the baby has moved very noticeable lower.  It's pretty uncomfortable.  Last thing I want to do now is go out. 
  • DH is giving DD a bath right now, and then we'll watch a little bit of Toy Story 3 with her.  After that we're making grilled chicken fettucini alfredo and some steamed broccoli and retiring to the couch for the night.  I think we're going to watch Inception.

OP - My c/s is scheduled for Thurs. too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagecolumbiamommy:

DH is giving DD a bath right now, and then we'll watch a little bit of Toy Story 3 with her.  After that we're making grilled chicken fettucini alfredo and some steamed broccoli and retiring to the couch for the night.  I think we're going to watch Inception.

OP - My c/s is scheduled for Thurs. too!

Good luck!! It's going to be here so freaking fast!!!!
  • Sitting around, trying to relax and hoping some real contractions show up!  I lost my MP a few weeks ago and have been 1cm dilated and over 50% effaced for the same amount of time, then this afternoon I ended up having a bloody show, which I never had with either of my girls, and have been having regular light contractions including back labor for hours.  I wish I had the balls to call in because my Dr is on call tonight and I know she'd help me push things along (no pun intended) but I just can't be that person.
  • imageMrsLynnyD:

We are doing nothing. And I mean nothing. And I'm kind of depressed about it - this will be our last Friday night, our last New Year's Eve, our last time as a couple of 2 with not a care in the world...and we are doing nothing. I have a planned c/s on Thursday and I'm so excited to meet LO in less than a week -- but what about me? us? as a couple? Blah.

What about you?? 

I could have written this exact thing! (except for the planned c/s) I have been sitting in my bed crying for pretty much no reason other than the fact that we are doing nothing! I agree with "Blah"!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"