2nd Trimester
Options

Face Wash For Acne?

So my face has basically exploded since I've become pregnant....so annoying! Anyways, I decided to do a little internet search thinking there must be a cure safe for pregnant women somewhere out there. I ended up stumbling upon Belli Acne Face Wash on BRU website. It's a line that is all pregnancy safe products. Anyone try this or hear of it? I'd like some feedback before I go ahead and order it. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Face Wash For Acne?

• Options
    I have not heard of that, but my MIL sells Mary Kay, I am using their acne wash, my OB told me it was fine, they have this really good toner, it just dries up all those nasty zits.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucketimage imageimage
  • Options
    After severe acne and lasting damage when I stopped acne meds for pregnancy #1, I went on the ProActiv system. My dr. okay'd it during pregnancy #2, and I'm still on it now. When I asked her about the Class C label of Benzoyl Peroxide & Salyclic Acid, she said as long as I wasn't eating it, the baby wouldn't be affected. It's helped 200%!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageluckyluvr:
    After severe acne and lasting damage when I stopped acne meds for pregnancy #1, I went on the ProActiv system. My dr. okay'd it during pregnancy #2, and I'm still on it now. When I asked her about the Class C label of Benzoyl Peroxide & Salyclic Acid, she said as long as I wasn't eating it, the baby wouldn't be affected. It's helped 200%!

I read that the amount of Salicylic Acid isn't enough to harm the baby and that it's the oral form that is dangerous so I've been using Neutrogena products. I'm glad it's helped!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't even know these might not be safe until I joined the bump! I still use Clean and Clear. On the days I don't use that I use an acne wash by Bliss.
  • Options
    Have you ever tried tea tree oil as a treatment for acne?  It is what I still use a spot treatment.  I fortunately haven't been broken out at all during this pregnancy, but for those few pimples it is great.  Also felted wool goats milk soap is great.  You lather the soap in your hands, wash, and then gently exfoliate using the wool.  I use witch hazel as my daily toner too (recommend by my dermatologist when I was in high school).  Just remember to dilute the tea tree oil because it is very drying and you don't want to put it straight on your face.  With these items you don't need to worry about any extra nasty chemicals in the products too!
  • Options

I was using Murad salicylic acid before I got pregnant, but I switched to the Belli Acne wash because the Murad wasn't really helping anymore. I was also concerned about the salcylic acid during pregnancy-but like another poster said, topiclly it probably isn't enough to cause any problems. It seems like the Belli products (cleanser/moisturizer) have helped, but then this is my third pregnancy and I remember my skin cleared up in my second trimester with the last two, so it might just be a coincidence. The cleanser doesn't dry out my skin, though, and the moisturizer isn't greasy-plus it is SPF 25 and is supposed to minimize pregnancy mask-which I've never had a problem with, so I can't testify to that aspect. Overall, I like the BElli products, but everyone has such different skin-especially during pregnancy-probably worth a try though-at least you know there is nothing bad in it for the baby:)

• Options
    I've been using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser and it is very gentle and works great!

Tyler is going to be a big brother!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"