2nd Trimester

Why can't this happen when I'm not pregnant?!!?!?!?

Went to my OB's office to pick up my order for the AFP Quad screen and they weighed me....Down 3 pounds in two weeks!! That makes a total of 6 lbs lost! I don't understand this because I haven't been nauseous for two weeks so I have been scarfing down everything in sight! I've had so much trouble losing weight from my pregnancy with my daughter and now it comes easy when I don't want to lose weight?! Aggghhh!! My doctor didn't see me so I hope I gain the weight back before I go back in three weeks (although I know she noted it in the chart!) LOL

Anyone else having the same problem?!

Re: Why can't this happen when I'm not pregnant?!!?!?!?

• Me too.  I have lost a total of 11lbs in my first tri.  I am now almost 6 month pg and have gained 1lb.  I am considered overweight before pg so my doctor is actually pleased that I am not gaining crazy weight.  But I do wish this weight would've come off easier when I wasn't pregnant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not having this problem, but a friend of mine is. Her reason was depression though. Since you have a hearty appetite it doesn't sound like you're depressed. I guess I'm not much help at all, but I do feel for you =(
  • Loading the player...
  • I lost 9 lbs during my pregnancy around wk 22 I gained 5lbs, and then wk 24 I gained another 5lbs so as long as your doctor isn't worried you shouldn't worry you will pack on the lbs soon enough!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ive lost 22 lbs so far and I had gained a pound when i went in for my last appt but when i went in for an emergency appt on wednesday I had lost the pound again.
  • Pregnancy is always the best diet for me.  I lose weight for the first 20 weeks or so and then slowly gain it back.  And I eat like crazy.  Mostly junk food.  I don't worry about it at all.  It's normal for me and I've always had healthy weight babies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I lost 20lbs in the beginning and have gained back 6 of them, so at 25wks, I'm still down 14lbs. Dr is pleased bc I started out overweight. Your Dr will let you know if it's an issue (which I doubt 3lbs is) until then, I wouldn't worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm having this problem too.  I lost 10 pounds in my 1st tri and haven't gained any of it back yet.  I actually went down a size in pants!  I saw my doctor today and he said he's not worried a bit and he wouldn't worry unless I lost 20% of my body weight.
  • I'm 18 weeks and down about 10-15 pounds. I'm a bit overweight to start with (12/14). I actually bought my maternity pants in a 10!

I'm sure I'll pack on the pounds soon enough though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have lots 7 pounds this pregnancy and I have not had one day of sickness. I can't eat as much - get fuller faster - but we eat good so I am surprised.  Doctor does not seem to be worried about it so I am not.  Baby is measuring fine.  The big joke is I should have just gotten pregnant to lose weight earlier - I have always struggled with my weight.
  • same here. I am pregnant with #2 and I still haven't gained a pound. I am losing! I am not sick either. I'm thin to begin with which I don't get. I am 5'5 130 . When I was pregnant with DD I have already gained 4 lbs by 15 weeks....I started at 128 with her.

My MW isn't too concerned.I'm sure it will catch up somewhere!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I lost 15 lbs in the 1st trimester, and now have only gained 3.5 in total.  I was average to begin with, so my Dr. wasn't too worried she just doesn't want me to lose anymore weight.  Lucky for me I don't see her for three more weeks because I just got over the stomach flu twice and am pretty sure I lost those 3.5 lbs Sad. So I got some making up to do in three weeks.
  • It's somewhat normal.  Don't stress it too much!  As long as the baby is healthy and developing and your OB isn't worried, you shouldn't worry either!  I lost about 8 lbs in the first few mos, but I promise - I'll gain it back soon! lol! And so will you:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"