August 2011 Moms

BOTH of my SILs are due right around me

I found on on Thanksgiving that my husband's sister is literally due the same week I am.

I found out Christmas Eve that my brother's wife was pregnant with #2 (my niece is 2)! She's about 5 1/2 weeks along right now (went to the OB today).

Part of me is sooooo excited my baby will have cousins the same age.... the other part of me is a bit worried that nobody will have time to help us out / babysit when we have ours.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BOTH of my SILs are due right around me

• It might be hard to get help at first but I'm sure people will want to help out. Also just think about how great it is going to be for your LO down the road. I have a cousin that is the same age as me and growing up we always had sleepovers and family parties were always a lot of fun since i had someone to play with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's a lot of babies! Ours and BIL's will be 6 months apart, and I have thought about the same thing. I'm sure it will work out!

Can I also just say how thrilled I am to see you with that olive in your ticker? Yes

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• Loading the player...
  • Don't worry, you will find help in other ways, but it looks like you three are going to have to take turns watching each other's kids for at least some of the time.  When they get older, they are going to love that they are so close (this also means that they will fight like brothers and sisters, but hey, it happens)  When all three of you decide you need a break, have a daddy playdate so you all can relax. =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • oh my gosh! how awesome is that?! Your LO's are so lucky! 
  • You and your SILs are really lucky!  Your kids will all grow up very close with each other, you'll have plenty of mommies to have play groups with and you can trade babysitting nights!
  • My nephew is 8 weeks older than DS.  Grandparents always find the time to help!  It is so fun having the kids so close in age, it's well worth anything you give up in extra help right now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm jealous! The only babies in the family that are Cade's age, are 2nd cousins that he hasn't even ever met. This baby will have it the same way. H and I both have 2 siblings each, but none of them are anywhere near a relationship, let alone a baby. :( No cousins in our near future.
  • That is a lot of babies! I'm sure you will find that you will all rely on each other during that time.
  • That is so cool! T&P for all three of you to have perfect, healthy pregnancies!

(btw - LOVE seeing the olive!!) 

• My little brother and our 2 boy cousins were all born with in 6 months of each other. They have grown up so close, more like brothers than cousins. I know they are thankful for that bond. Your new baby is so lucky!
  • imageMillerTime13:

That's a lot of babies! Ours and BIL's will be 6 months apart, and I have thought about the same thing. I'm sure it will work out!

Can I also just say how thrilled I am to see you with that olive in your ticker? Yes

I know the Olive makes me happy (My husband keeps calling the baby Olivia haha). I just want to get into the "safe zone"

• I'm sure everyone will help each other out.  That's great to have them so close in age.  My best friend is due 9 weeks before we are.  We're both excited to be having children so close in age.
  • I have a cousin who's 6 months younger than me and we were best friends growing up. I recommend getting pics done when they're young. Me, my mom, my aunt and my cousin had pics done when we were young and they are some of my favorite pics now!
  • Will you have a joint baby shower?
  • imagesmileycherry:
    Will you have a joint baby shower?

No!

My brother's wife won't get one b/c it is her 2nd baby. in regards to my husband's sister we have totally different friends & then My side of the family shouldnt have to go to her shower and her in-laws shouldn't have to come to mine

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"