August 2011 Moms

Anyone using the "Expectant Mothers" parking yet?:)

I almost used it at Walmart last night--it was so cold, and there were several of them empty (we have about 8-10 EM parking spots at our walmart, and usually at least a few are empty) but I feel like I should wait until I'm showing to use it--bummer that probably won't be until after the snow leaves :( Now if only more stores would get those parking spots!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone using the "Expectant Mothers" parking yet?:)

• I don't think I've seen any of those where I live!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Ive joked with DW about using them. We went to BRU the other night and it was freezing, I told her " Hey park in excepting mothers parking! Im an expectant mother!" I dont think I will use them until I start to show 
  • Loading the player...
  • No but I REALLY wanted to the other day when I couldn't find parking and it was cold and stormy! I'm not sure if it was fortunate (to save me from my insanity) or unfortunate (because I had to park forever three blocks away and walk) that the store I was at didn't have any...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I almost used them when I was Christmas shopping.  My morning sickness is so bad and I was feeling horrible.  I just wanted to get in and out as fast as I could.  There were other close spots open so I didn't use them otherwise I would have. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I say USE IT!

1st trimester comes morning sickness which is about the worst part of pregancy...obviously...since it's what we all hear complained about the most. Not to mention the shortness of breath and getting out of breath really easily!
    The signs don't say
    "Expectant mothers...only if you're showing" !

• Haha, no...but when I was driving in circles forever around a parking lot the other night I did think I wished they had them! (I still probably wouldn't have used it...)
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• Good Point!  I'm going to use those spaces at my grocery store now.
  • nope. I have legs for a reason. I think I only used them once or twice my entire pg with DD, and that was in the last few weeks when it was over 100 degrees here. 
  • imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    nope. I have legs for a reason. I think I only used them once or twice my entire pg with DD, and that was in the last few weeks when it was over 100 degrees here. 

Yeah, that's what I've always felt like they were more for--the women who are nearing the end of pregnancy. IMO, the 1st tri isn't the worst part of pregnancy--it's 3rd tri. I'll probably hold off on using them until then, which will also obviously been quite warm then, since it'll be near august :)

• imagemegd06:

imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    nope. I have legs for a reason. I think I only used them once or twice my entire pg with DD, and that was in the last few weeks when it was over 100 degrees here. 

Yeah, that's what I've always felt like they were more for--the women who are nearing the end of pregnancy. IMO, the 1st tri isn't the worst part of pregnancy--it's 3rd tri. I'll probably hold off on using them until then, which will also obviously been quite warm then, since it'll be near august :)

Even then, I only used them when there were no regular close spots. I didn't gain much weight when I was pg before, and I like to think it's partly because I didn't treat myself like an invalid.  

imagemegd06:

imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

Even then, I only used them when there were no regular close spots. I didn't gain much weight when I was pg before, and I like to think it's partly because I didn't treat myself like an invalid.  

So true. Women like to become inactive in pregnancy, and it just makes themselves feel worse. I worked at a bank when KU with DS, so I made a point to walk around the outside of the building 2-3x a day to keep moving. I gained exactly 25lbs with him. I'm hoping this pregnancy will go the same :) The main benefit for those parking spots is when carrying a toddler, the shorter the distance, the better (I had chest/heart surgery 1 month before getting KU with DS, so I get short of breath really quick when carrying him)

• I'll have to keep an eye out for those. I haven't noticed them before, and I live in a very cold climate, so I would think that we would have them.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• They looked very tempting today when I went to the grocery store but I don't need them just yet. I'll probably take advantage of them when I'm showing and the parking lot is crowded though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Stupid bump.  Double post.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Yeah, agreed.  I can think of very few reasons that people who are 6 weeks pregnant should be using those spaces.  When the weather is cold, everyone is cold, not just those who are pregnant.  I figure a little extra walking and exercise doesn't hurt me at all.

And to the poster who said that you're out of breath during 1st tri, do you really think you're going to be less out of breath in 3rd tri, when you're carrying around 35-40 extra pounds?!

• imageJennyAnne022776:

imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

Yeah, agreed.  I cannot think of any reason that people who are 6 weeks pregnant should be using those.  When the weather is cold, everyone is cold, not just those who are pregnant.  I figure a little extra walking and exercise doesn't hurt me at all.

I always run warm during pregnancy, so do pretty much all of my friends that have had babies, so the cold is even less of a reason for me to use them...it feels good!

I personally believe the spots on either side of the cart corrals should be saved for families with young children. I always try to park as close to the corral as I can so I don't have to leave DD unattended.  

• I'm still feeling good now, but if I had horrible m/s, I would definitely use them - no sense in wasting your time walking when all you want to do is puke!

I will DEFINITELY use them all summer though.  We have them at many stores here in Phoenix, and in 110+ degree heat, I will be happy to forgo the extra exercise to stay out of the heat for a couple of minutes :)

I always run warm during pregnancy, so do pretty much all of my friends that have had babies, so the cold is even less of a reason for me to use them...it feels good!

I personally believe the spots on either side of the cart corrals should be saved for families with young children. I always try to park as close to the corral as I can so I don't have to leave DD unattended.  

I agree!  I was at the mall today and couldn't wait to get outside.  I was so overheated.  And no, I wasn't parked anywhere near the door.  And yes, I enjoyed my cool walk in the drizzle very much. Big Smile

• imageJennyAnne022776:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

I agree!  I was at the mall today and couldn't wait to get outside.  I was so overheated.  And no, I wasn't parked anywhere near the door.  And yes, I enjoyed my cool walk in the drizzle very much. Big Smile

we went to our NHL team's game last night, and I'm pretty sure my favorite part of the whole night was the walk to and from the car. lol. And it was a really good game!  

• I have a 30-pound 2-year-old to carry into the store, and I'm already starting to pooch with this baby. You BETCHA I'm using that parking spot! I actually used it today at Hy-Vee, our local grocery store.
  • imagemegd06:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    imagemegd06:

imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

So true. Women like to become inactive in pregnancy, and it just makes themselves feel worse. I worked at a bank when KU with DS, so I made a point to walk around the outside of the building 2-3x a day to keep moving. I gained exactly 25lbs with him. I'm hoping this pregnancy will go the same :) The main benefit for those parking spots is when carrying a toddler, the shorter the distance, the better (I had chest/heart surgery 1 month before getting KU with DS, so I get short of breath really quick when carrying him)

It probably depends on your lifestyle too. I'm a stay-at-home mom of an energetic toddler. I work out every morning at 6 AM for 20-30 minutes before hubby leaves for work. Then I take my daughter to the park, the gym, the indoor pool, or somewhere fun. By the time we're ready for the store, I'm pooped and I take full advantage of that spot.

When I was pregnant with DD, I never used the spot. I had a full-time desk job and didn't work out much, so I took advantage of the opportunity to walk around a little more.

• Not yet. My conscious mind doesn't want people to think I am taking advantage if I don't have a big bump to show for it (even though you see MEN park in them all the time). I will wait until I am showing much more. ; )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • OK, so a disadvantage to having a surrogate.  I guess I have to walk...LOL!  @Jenny Anne, I love your two little beans!!
  • imagekelkel2933:
    OK, so a disadvantage to having a surrogate.  I guess I have to walk...LOL!  @Jenny Anne, I love your two little beans!!

LOL...thank you so much kelkel!  We love them too!  They're much better looking than that old fuzzy picture of DH and me. Wink

ETA:  Just went back and looked at the thread again and saw your little bean too!  I'll bet it makes you smile every time you look at him/her!

• *This has happened to me*  I am sorry, but when somebody that is as pregnant as US RIGHT NOW parks in those spots it makes my blood boil. *WHAT IF* there is a 3rd tri mommy  that is uncomfortable as ALL HELL trying to park....
    imageimageimage
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I haven't yet, and I won't until the summer, if it's blazing hot and I'm completely uncomfortable. There aren't very many of this spots in our city anyway...maybe two at one of the local grocery stores.
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • The only place I have seen them is at BRU. I will when I am showing. I looooooooove being pregnant!
  • imageMorgansMommy1:
    *This has happened to me*  I am sorry, but when somebody that is as pregnant as US RIGHT NOW parks in those spots it makes my blood boil. *WHAT IF* there is a 3rd tri mommy  that is uncomfortable as ALL HELL trying to park....

That's why I won't use them til later.  Whenever I see someone using those and they have no bump, I just think, "B*****, I bet you aren't even pregnant!"  

imageJennyAnne022776:

imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

Yeah, agreed.  I cannot think of any reason that people who are 6 weeks pregnant should be using those.  When the weather is cold, everyone is cold, not just those who are pregnant.  I figure a little extra walking and exercise doesn't hurt me at all.

AMEN! I do the same thing, and I always end up parking near the back of the lot b/c those are the only corrals that have spots on either sides empty.

• imagemegd06:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    imageJennyAnne022776:

imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

AMEN! I do the same thing, and I always end up parking near the back of the lot b/c those are the only corrals that have spots on either sides empty.

Yes!  This exactly.  My favorite spot in the parking lot is by the cart storage.  Makes life with a toddler so so so much easier. 

• I've used one and I'm not an invalid nor do I have a secret desire to be inactive. I'm an expectant mother and I don't see a problem using one 10 minutes after your BFP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"