Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

TMI..but curious?

Um...anyone else experienced foul-smelling urine when naturally miscarrying? the only other time I've had this was at the beginning of what turned out to be a UTI, but I don't have the usual symptoms. Got worried though, as if it is a UTI I'm guessing my OB may want to do preventative antibiotics, and if it's not a UTI...then...normal? Anyone? No accompanying cramping or bleeding - in fact, both have slowed down considerably though I'm not going to push my luck and jinx that just yet. 

Did call the OB - she is out of the office until tomorrow, and since I have no other symptoms, I'm not [yet] feeling this is urgent. They said if I became increasingly worried, they'd grab the doctor on call and so to call them before I decided to head to the ER again, b/c god help me I don't want to go back there.

Oh - and not dehydration. That was nurse and DH's first question. I could probably use some more water, but I'm going regularly and it's light enough to let me know I'm hydrated.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
BABY GIRL DUE: 12/12/11
INDUCING: 11/22/11.

Re: TMI..but curious?

• I would have guessed the dehydration. I have not experienced that..I hope its nothing that maked you have to go back tonight!
  • I would seriously consider an ancient healing ritual before I go back to the ER again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Not with urine, but the blood after the d&e smelled funny. The whole area smelled different. I'd call your doc just to run it by them. THey might just say to wait it out.  I'd probably just wait it out myself since there aren't other symptoms.  Also, has your diet changed at all in the last few days?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did you have a catheter put in when you went to the ER?  I did and it hurt to pee the day after.  I don't remember it smelling funny, but it might be related.
  • Ty for the feedback ladies - awaiting call back from the doctor. No catheter (but I have had one in the past and feel for you), but YES diet has changed...obviously the nausea dissipated fairly fast after the MC really started, but I've been depressed and therefore just picking at stuff and I'm sure my meals are far from balanced. 

You're right, the whole area does smell different - I didn't have a D & C but..everything's different. So glad you guys undertsand, b/c that type of distinction is hard to discuss or explain to someone who hasn't been thru this - I just know evertyhing feels different, wether the docs say this is "like a heavy period" or not.

Thank you for helping out even though this post was so graphic! So great to have a place where I can ask this stuff. At some point even DH becomes puzzled and doesn't know what to say! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"