1st Trimester

Can't sleep

I'm 9 weeks along and so tired! I go to bed at 8pm and i'm up at 2-3am. Eventually I fall back to sleep but its becoming so frustrating. Any tips for kicking this insomnia?

I've tried staying up later but same thing happens!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can't sleep

• You're not alone! I'm over here UP and it's 2:11am! I should NOT be up right now! but im tired, but for some reason, im not sleeping :/
  • The same thing has started happening to me the past two nights! Except I stay in bed until I fall asleep again, usually after an hour or two.

Tonight I'm going to try eating a light snack before bed, and drinking some chamomile tea. 

• Loading the player...
  • My DH got some tea for me the other day, I think I may try it tonight!

Thanks ladies, its nice knowing i'm not the only one! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I must say more nights than not I get up around 2-3am to pee and then it takes a while to get back to sleep.  Thank goodness I'm on vacation this week and last (teacher) otherwise I would be shot getting up at 6am. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to sleep at around 8 and sleep til 6. I feel like I am sleeping my life away. It is very hard to go to sleep. I can not get comfortable, but when I wake up in the morning I don't want to get out of bed because I finally found that comfortable position.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • imageUCONNHuskies:
    I must say more nights than not I get up around 2-3am to pee and then it takes a while to get back to sleep.  Thank goodness I'm on vacation this week and last (teacher) otherwise I would be shot getting up at 6am. 

I am exactly the same...

Danielle

• I'm with you. I actually wore a hole in my sheets by the time I was 5w pg because I toss and turn so much :( I've found that the earlier I wake to pee the better, but I can't really control that.
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • you can take tylenol pm while pregnant. 
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aside from Tylenol PM, my doc approves unisom and I've had to turn to that a couple times in the past week.  Trying to give myself chances to fall asleep without it and only going to it if I am just going to die.
    Married 11/21/2009
    BFP 12/4/2010
    Baby Maryn was born 8/18/11
    image   imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know Unisom is safe, im just trying not to take medicine unnecessarily...but i know that sleeping is obviously apart of being healthy!! It was hard enough for me to take Extra Strength Tylenol! this is the 1st pregnancy (out of 4) that I'm taking med's for my headaches...it's just hard for me :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"