Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

So who else is staying home on NYE?

I was just wondering who else is planning on staying home on NYE?  I work until 6 that evening, and then dh and I are planning on ordering pizza, making some margaritas, and watching the ball drop on tv.   We've been invited to a few places, but ds can be a real bear if he's not put to bed in his own bed, and it's too late at this point to get a babysitter.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So who else is staying home on NYE?

• me!  and I will probably be in bed before midnight.
  • ME! We'll be hanging out at home.  Just the way I like it.  Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be lucky to stay awake for the ball drop.  B/c NYE sans alcohol... just another night in my book :)

Our IL may come down & our neighbors might stop over for a few, but definitely no plans to go out.

• We are! I am not comfortable leaving DS with a sitter because of his feeding tube and various medications.  So we are hosting a get together at our place.  It is going to be a few friends, lots of yummy food, drinks and games once the DS and our friends son go to bed.  I am really excited, it should be a good time!
  • DS is staying overnight with his grandparents on NYE. DH and I will probably get takeout and go to bed at 9pm. lol. Exciting way to spend our last night alone before baby #2. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We will be staying in...one big happy family...Me, DH, LO, BIL and MIL...what fun...lol
  • we are... my babysitter cancelled on us last night and our back up babysitter is out of town.. so DH and I invited to some friends over after DS goes to sleep and they arent sure yet... if not, then DH and I will be home having a romantic night together
    image   image
  • I think we are. Were going out with some friends and their son to see Christmas lights at the near by bontanical garden then I believe heading back to the house. Maybe order couple pizzas and watch ball drop on TV. I really do not want to be anywhere. lol
  • We are going to Sesame Street Live at 10 am but other than that...nothing. Not ready to leave dd with someone as late as after midnight. Plus, DH has to work late too. Boooo maybe next year!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• :::Raises hand & points to siggy:::

DH and I decided that it would probably be pretty obvious if we went out with friend and I wasn't drinking (which isn't unusual), but we thought with it being NYE people would probably start to catch on.  We haven't told anyone our news yet and want our families to know first.  We'll probably be in bed before midnight.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm pg, so we are not going to any parties or anything, even though I got invited to one I normally would have loved to go to. I really don't want to be around a lot of people drinking and I'm too tired to stay up that late these days anyways. We will probably go to dinner somewhere and come home and watch the NYC ball drop at 11p our time and go to bed after that, LOL.
  • We are.  I'm planning on putting LO to bed and cooking something grown up for DH and I, then having some wine, and hopefully not passing out before the ball drops!
  • I'm staying home. We are having a party with fireworks.I'll put Jake to bed like any other night. But if he wakes up, he does and I'll bring him out to watch the fireworks.

I am exhausted at the thought of cleaning before and after though.

• We will be! We never did much of anything for NYE pre-baby anyway, and I am not yet ready to leave DS with a sitter. I will probably just be working on getting ready for DS's party on Sunday, and DH and I will probably order dinner out or something and watch a movie.  Nothing special.
  • We're staying home and having the ILs over.  I actually love the low key celebrations where I have my little guy here at home snug in his own bed.
  • We stay in every year. We'll go out to lunch ( just us two) then celebrate the new year with Just Dance 2 and our 3 girls.
  • It will be just me and DS for NYE and I will probably be in bed before the ball drops as well. MH owns a bar/restaurant so he will be there, working and hanging out, which is where I would like to be if I was not pg.
  • me.. i m ordering pizza and some friends over. and im letting my LO stay up and watch the ball drop but she will probably be out way before. maybe next yr my other half will go out and celebrate
  • I am. One of my daycare kids is coming over and Im hoping more kids so I can make some money that night. My SO works at a bar so he has to work all night. I would rather stay home and be rested/make money that night then go out and drink. :)
  • Me - we're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate instead of on NYE.  We usually go out ahead of time - for Vday, mother's day too b/c places are so crazy on the actual holiday, and then celebrate at home on the actual holiday.  

I'd like to have a drink at home - but I doubt we'll stay up to watch the ball drop!  

• Hubby and I have a grueling date to play Monopoly, eat some fondue and watch the Ball in Times square drop. We can't stay up until midnight. Our daughter will be with us of course but asleep by 9pm at the latest. No going out for us.
  • Us.  We might be awake might not by the time the ball drops.  We were going to go out but couldn't get any of our friends to go with us:(  So we are just going to enjoy at home.
  • I will be home all alone and we don't have cable so I can't even watch the ball drop.  DH works in the restaurant business so he will be at work.  I wouldn't want to go out without DH so no babysitter for me.
  • Me too!  DH and I are going to rent a couple of movies (probably Inception), get some champagne and just relax!  DH is getting up early on Jan 1st to go ice fishing, so we won't have a super late night anyway.  
  • We will most likely be staying in.  I have no desire to do anything.  I don't drink anymore, and I'd rather have DD be able to sleep in her own bed.  I'm sure FI won't stay up until midnight anyway.  Hopefully we will order pizza and watch a movie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"