April 2011 Moms

Girl names please...what are you naming your girl??

i know there was a boy one done just a few posts ago but we have our boy name already and we still don't have a girl name!!  being team green we're having a tough time...

thank you in advance ladies!! and yes i do lurk the baby names board...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl names please...what are you naming your girl??

• Suri Lillian Rae...

Suri - after her dad

Lillian - her great great grandmother

Rae - just bc I love the name

Good luck!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ashlyn Elizabeth
    Stephanie Hsu
  • Loading the player...
  • We're going with Elinor Catherine, nick name Nora.

Our other top contender was Audrey.

We also love Johannah, but DH has a niece named Hannah, and our daughter and she would have the same last name, so we scratched it off our list.

Other names that I love but DH vetoed: Emily, Sadie, Bridget, Naomi

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• We are naming our lil girl Leah Nicole...
  • Libby Jo.

Our other pick was Mya Ann

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Hayley Quinn. I just love Hayley and Quinn is my mother's maiden name. Some of my other top choices were Allie, Lily, and Audrey.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage.
  • Cameron Aibhlinn (Irish name pronounced AVE-leen. It means "longed for and desired child.)

Her daddy picked Cameron and it grew on me. We'll be calling her Cami.

• Eva Lillian

Eva because we just like it!  Lillian because that was DH's great grandmother's name.  

DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Brooklyn

Middle name will be one of our grandmothers. We are blindly choosing one as to not show favorites and they are all pretty great.

• If we have a girl her name will be Lillian Grace.
    Proud mom to Cody Ryan 9/30/94, Michael Anthony 3/1/98, Tayla Lynn 9/24/01, Aiden William 11/17/04, Logan Aaron 2/8/07 and Kalen Joseph 3/31/11 image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Avery Grace. DH fell in love with the name Avery when he heard it, and was so set on it I never had a chance on anything else. I love it too though. Some other names on my list were

Charlotte, Olivia, Leah, Ella, Emma

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm having a boy however we had a definite girl name picked out. SO & I both had STRONG feelings on names. Mine was a strong feeling on the boy first name & his the girl first name so that was pretty much our agreement. If boy - I got the first name/he got middle name. If a girl - he got first name/I got middle name. Anyway our girl name was going to be:

Joselyn Marie (Marie was my grandmother's name who passed last year. I'm a BIG fan of using a middle name to recognize a family member)

Other girl names that I personally liked were: Caroline, Norah & Adalay

Good Luck! 

• My DD (is 1) but we named her Delaney Jan.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• We are Team Green, but our girl name is Zoe Christina. Christina was DH's grandmother's name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aubrey Ann.
    Aubrey because I've always loved the name (DH and I settled on it almost 3yrs ago!) and Ann because it's my mothers middle name, his mothers middle name and my grandmothers middle name (and this will be her first Great grandbaby!) so we did it to honor both sides of women in our family.

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Elisabeth Lucille - Both family names
  • Evelyn Roxanne is choice #1, if they are both girls our other girl name is Norah Juliann

Evelyn is DH's grandma's name, Norah is just a name we love, Roxanne and Juliann are our mom's names. 

• Madelyn Josephine

We both loved Madelyn and Josephine was my Grandma's middle name. Coincidentally, Joseph is my husband's middle name!

• Reading every name on this list has nearly made me cry!  They are all so so cute!  We chose Jane Beverly.  We hardly discussed it!  I've always loved the name Jane and when I suggested it, I found out it was his grandmothers name.  The whole family cried.
  • Bailey Elisabeth or Bailey Ann (hoping to decide on the mn before she's born!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Olivia.

We're still tossing around middle names, but it will be one of these:

Olivia Dawn (my mn)

Olivia Emma Margaret or Olivia Margaret Emma (Margaret and Emma are our great-grandmothers)

Or some random non-family related name.

Other names I love but got vetoed or passed over: Lillian, Charlotte, Claire, Eliana, Elle, Ella

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageJaneBeam:
    Reading every name on this list has nearly made me cry!  They are all so so cute!  We chose Jane Beverly.  We hardly discussed it!  I've always loved the name Jane and when I suggested it, I found out it was his grandmothers name.  The whole family cried.

Jane is my middle name and it's a family name on my mother's side. I love the gorgeous simplicity of it, and I would totally consider it for a future daughter. It's underused as a first name, but I kind of like it that way. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• We are having a boy, but had he been a girl our name was Adalynn Jo. I instantly fell in love with Adalynn and Jo is my grandmother's mn. Hoping our next child is a girl so we can still use it!
  • Our girl name is Melanie.  We're still deciding on the middle name, it's between Antoinette, Anne, Leanna, and Mary.  They are all family names. 
  • all of my kids are girls :)

brooke ashlyn

lainey paige

ella makynzie

good luck w/ your search!

• Ruby Elizabeth- But so many of the PP's names are so cute!!

• Teaghan Grace= I let H pick it out since the baby was a girl. Other names he was thinking of were

Delaney Grace

Sadie Elizabeth

Hayden Marie

• My little one will be London Torres.

The DH is from England and when we decided it was time to plan for a baby he just looked at me and said he'd love a little girl named London. 

Torres was actually my pick, but plays into the Brit theme. Its the name of a famous soccer player. 

We wanted something different and original for our baby girl. 

• Nadia Josephine & Scarlet(t) Grace. 

We're undecided on the spelling of Scarlet(t)

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We chose Sadie Elizabeth.  We are not totally in love with Elizabeth, but haven't found a middle name that sounds really good with Sadie.  Other names we really liked were Kendall, Brenna and Casey
  • Ella Rose or Ella Grace
  • We are about 90% certain we are going to go with Charlotte Jane.  Our other options are Harper Jane or Elise Jane (nn Elle/Ellie).  We started testing out names one week with Charlotte and it seems to haave stuck! 
  • We're naming our daughter Josephine Belle and calling her Josie.  Our other top names were Molly Kate, Violet, and Alice.
  • Ellie Drew! Just because we love it, there is no family connection. I didn't want to risk hurting someone's feelings by using someone's name. 

• I think we have decided, lol..... our names have been chosen for family reasons. My FIL is currently dying from cancer (it was diagnosed late and has spread a lot, we are all praying for him to make it to meet this little one) and his first name is Steven. We are team green, if we have a girl I believe her name will be Stephanie Aura (aura is my grandmothers name). On a side note if it is a boy it will probably be Kenneth Steven (Kenneth is my grandfather who died when my father was 16 and was an amazing caring man).
  • Our little girl will be Emma Therese.  Emma because I've always liked the name and Therese is after my Mom.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yay for Team Green! So fun :)

We were team green with DD and our girl name was Audrey.

We're team green again and we're currently considering Abigail (Abby) and some form of Ann/Anne/Anna/ w/Annie as a nn. 

• aww everyone has such beautiful names picked out!! so exciting.  We are still working on the 1st name.  This is harder than I thought.  I can't even name a fish! Picking a name for my child has been difficult!  We do have a middle name-  Ochanya  it means princess in my husband's native language.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're using Grace as a middle name no matter what name we choose because it's my mom's middle name, so we needed a first name that went well. We're leaning toward either Cecilia or Felicity but the other names on our list are Audrey and Amelia. We're not making a final decision till Peanut is born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"