Single Parents

Waiting on my daughter...impatiently

I only have 5 days till my due date....and I am SO ready for her to come. The doctor says I'm still only at 1cm and 75%effaced....I might just have to light a fire and smoke her out haha. I'm just so uncomfortable and feel like my body has shifted so much the past 2 weeks with her dropping that I just want things to start happening! What were some things that helped you be more comfortable during these last days?

Re: Waiting on my daughter...impatiently

• Good luck! I wish I could offer helpful advice, but this is my first baby, too!

You should probably feel free to walk a lot. I think I'd research some of those old wive's tale remedies to bring on labor--sometimes they actually work!

Maybe you'll have the first baby of the New Year and get a load of gifts from the hospital!!! In any event, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Walking will probably help. I was on bedrest so I couldn't but I passed my time with netflix movies. Good luck! She will be here before you know it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know this is NOT what you want to hear (and trust me, I wanted to throat punch everyone who told this tome at the end Wink) but try to enjoy these last few days. Your life is going to be turned totally upside down when baby comes!! Do as much stuff for you as you can. Eat good food, take plenty of naps and enjoy every kick, as uncomfortable as they are!!
  • If it's any consolation, I was only a fingertip dilated for the 2nd week in a row when my water broke right there in the doctor's office after my 39w appointment! Brody arrived a short 8 hours later.

I agree with pp. Relax and do things for yourself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The last few days are hard!  Hang in there!  Try to pamper yourself, maybe get a pedi?  Nothing like a good foot rub on swollen feet!
  • good luck!  just hang in there
  • I second the pedi. I had one once a week starting at 37 weeks. And get lots of sleep. Good Luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • imagepeeps61308:
    I know this is NOT what you want to hear (and trust me, I wanted to throat punch everyone who told this tome at the end Wink) but try to enjoy these last few days. Your life is going to be turned totally upside down when baby comes!! Do as much stuff for you as you can. Eat good food, take plenty of naps and enjoy every kick, as uncomfortable as they are!!

Exactly this.

fwiw, I was 3cm and 50% effaced for 3w.....

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"