Single Parents

Living situations?

After H and I separated my son and I moved back in with my parents. They're so generous for letting us live here but I am losing my mind! I just could not afford a place of our own on my part time job $ (I'm a full-time student so I can't work full-time). Anyone else have a less than desirable living situation? I just don't know how to go about having a place of our own... ever. ugh!

Re: Living situations?

• Thankfully my parents are helping me buy my house so I was able to stay in it.  However, money is VERY tight because SD (super douche) doesn't pay CS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think SD is the best acronym of all time.
  • Loading the player...
  • My parents own a house about nine miles away from their home. I live in that house with DS.  I was living a few hours away when I found out I was pregnant and just finishing school. However, I have a teaching degree so by the time teaching jobs came open no one would hire me because I was clearly showing. No one obviously said that, but after a million interviews that all went very well yet no job, I got the hint! I bartended until K was born and since then I have been applying anywhere and everywhere that has openings.

I hate that I am still having to rely completely on my parents, but am very lucky to have their help. I am also lucky that I sort of have my "own" place because I'm not sure my father and I would make it under the same roof anymore!
    I just keep the faith that someday soon I will be able to stand on my own! Just remember it's not forever, and at least we have them to help us. :)

Keep your head up!

• I also live with my parents and I don't foresee being able to live on my own ANYTIME soon. Maybe if DB gets a job and starts paying CS but I definitely don't see that happening. I'm lucky that my parents are supportive of me. I'm in debt up to my ears and stuck in a dead end job. I'm just biding my time until DD is older and I can go back to school and at least get some kind of certification so I can earn more money. Anyway, generally speaking I get along very well with my family, they love and spoil DD to death. I like my living situation in some ways because I have my own space downstairs in the finished basement; bedroom, bathroom and living room. I can have my privacy or I can be upstairs with my family. But in some ways I hate it because I'm not allowed to have male guests, lol
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm living with my mom (my parents are divorced) but both of my parents are extremely helpful. It'll definitely be weird staying here again plus relying on them again after being independent is pretty tough. I know I'll be living here until I finish my master's degree plus like was stated above my daughter will (I'm due anytime) be surrounded by people that love her.
  • I moved in with my parents briefly when I left XH.  I was able to convince him that he should go live with his parents, so I could move back into the home.  Luckily I got the home in the divorce.  I have a roommate now to help pay the bills.  Would you be able to afford your own place if you got a 2 BR or 3 BR place and had a friend move in and help pay the rent/mortgage?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"