3rd Trimester

Had my baby - Alanna Grace!!!!

I had my scheduled c/s on Monday 12/20.  I went into the o/r at 7:30 in the morning.  Alanna was born at 7:51.  I didn't get to hold her right away because they had to finish the surgery and tubal.  Daddy got to be the first one to hold her.  I had to lay almost flat afterward which sucked because it wasn't easy to see her or move her, let alone nurse her.  She is absolutely perfect.  She weighed 7lbs. 6.6 oz and was 19.5 inches long.  I am glad it is over but I do have to say I would gladly go through labor and vaginal birth before having a c/s.  This sucks.  I would post a picture but i don't know how.  I did post one of her on my bio page.

Re: Had my baby - Alanna Grace!!!!

• Congrats!  She is adorable.  Why did you have to lay flat because of pain from your csection or something with a tubal???  I'm debating on whether to get the tubal or not.  How much extra time were you in surgery after it.
  • Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!!  Sorry to hear you're in pain- here's to a speedy recovery :-)
  • I had to be flat because of the anesthesia.  If you are elevated to quickly it can cause a headache which I understand is KILLER and takes a lot to get rid of.  I was done in surgery by 8:30.  The whole thing took an hour.  Not bad!!  No more birth control or OOPS!! 

She is beautiful!!!  Not that I am biased!  Perfectly pink and no cone head.  She is already putting weight back on and is doing so well. 

• Congrats on your little one!!  I hope you have a speedy recovery! :)
  • Congratulations!
  • Congratulations on your beautiful girl! I'm sorry you're having a hard time with the c-section...don't let it ruin this time for you. I know I had a lot of trouble moving on from my c (I really wanted to deliver vaginally and pushed for 4 hours trying!) but the important thing is she's here!

Feel better!

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Awww... :( I'm sorry your birth didn't happen the way you wanted it to. I just barely avoided a C/S myself - thankfully. I hope that you heal quickly. Congratulations on your little baby girl!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Congrats! :)
  • Awww...Congrats! She is adorable!
  • Congratulations and welcome Alanna!!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"