1st Trimester
Options

successful pregnancies without ANY nausea?

I am almost 9 weeks and I still barely feel pregnant. While I am HAPPY I do not have morning sickness...part of me worries that my lack of symptoms are negative (despite my 2 ultrasouds revealing good growth & heartbeats).

Have you or know anyone else who never had ANY nausea but had successful pregnancies?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: successful pregnancies without ANY nausea?

• Options

Yes. My sister in law has 3 children and never any morning sickness with any of them. I am a little jealous...

• Options

Oddly enough, last week I felt "a little" sick for maybe 2 minutes and then it went away.  So in 12 weeks, I have yet to feel any sickness.  I also have seen a healthy little baby inside of me!

I would try not to worry about it....I think sometimes people stress themselves out so much with what is normal and it's not always the same for everyone.

Relax and enjoy the ride!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    my BFF has two LOs and she didn't have any M/S with either of them. My other friends had it with one kid but not the other.  I've only been a little sick the last couple of weeks, and last night I threw up for the first time. I feel okay today - i hope it doesn't happen again!
  • Options

I wasn't sick a day with DS and he is perfectly healthy!

So far (I'm about 7weeks) no m/s this time either, I'm really hoping it stays that way.

That being said I worried through my entire first pregnancy and even after an easy pregancy and healthy baby I'm worrying all over again, so I'm not going to tell you not toSmile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never had any nausea with my son.  And after an early m/c it had me worried.  With this pregnancy I'm sick about every evening, so I'd rather be m/s free!  Good luck!
  • Options
    yes, it's not uncommon. i think you just hear more about the people who aren't feeling well. i didn't get sick or feel sick a day during my pregnancy with ds.
  • Options

My MIL had 6 healthy kids and she said she never so much as felt weird once.

My SIL has a 2 year old and she was never sick.

The complete lack of nausea doesn't mean much at all.

I wasn't sick in my first pregnancy at all. Yes, I had issues but I can't say/believe for eight seconds that make lack of feeling bad was a warning sign/had anything to do with it.

• Options
    I've had 2 successful pregnancies without m/s.
  • Options

Me! Me! Me!

I felt amazing through my entire first pregnancy - better than when I wasn't pregnant. I had no complications, we were both healthy! He was over 10 pounds when he was born and continues to be perfect.

• Options

I had no nausea at all with DD, ever.

With this one, I feel a little sick at night on occasion, but that is it.

• Options

thanks ladies!!!!!

I know I'm a nervous Nelly..but its all just so nerve-wracking

• Options
    I didn't have any morning sickness or nausea with DS at all. This time around it hasn't gone away at all. Count yourself lucky and don't stress about it! 
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I didn't have any the first time.
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy I never had a lick of it. In fact my only symptom was a missed period until the severe heartburn at the end. 
  • Options
    I never had morning sickness with my first pregnancy and I had a healthy complication free pregnancy and beautifully perfect son to show for it.  I consider myself extremely lucky to have dodged the m/s bullet and I'm hoping this pregnancy is the same.  fingers crossed.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No morning sickness last time, and [knocking on wood furiously] none this time so far.  I feel VERY lucky.
  • Options
    I've felt great both this pregnancy and my last.  My last pregnancy ended up with the beautiful little boy you see below and this pregnancy I have seen the heartbeat via u/s two times.  That being said I just said to DH I wish it was January 3 so I could go to the doctor and hear the heartbeat, I hate the first trimester before you start feeling the baby move.
  • Options
    Lurker chiming in to say that yes, my mom never had any m/s with me or my brother, and we are now two normal, healthy adults. :)

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I have a year and a half old son and never had any morning sickness with him and now with this second one, I'm still feeling great.  Just a little more tired then usual.  I'm sure everything is great, just don't focus on it!
  • Options
    My best friend had 2 kids with no nausea at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    About 20% of women never experience m/s.  Their bodies are just not sensitive to the hormone.  I didn't have any m/s.  Never threw up and was not even a little nauseous.  I pretty much had a total lack of symptoms throughout 1st tri and it would make me worry because I had a previous loss, but its just that my body didn't react to the hormone.  My pregnancy has been very healthy and normal through out and I am hoping she shows up any day now.  Congratulations!
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    :::lurking:::  I never had ANY symptoms except being tired...none what so ever and was constantly concerned that things were not going well.  My DD is 6 weeks old today and is perfect.  No worries!!  Be grateful that you are feeling well, and congratulations!  I know how nerve wracking being pregnant is - every trimester comes with new worries, but try your best to enjoy it - for real it will be over before you know it and you'll be holding your perfect little baby.
  • Options
    I never had it with any of my boys. This one though...I feel it sneaking up on me.
  • Options
    I had it for about a week around 6w.  Now it's pretty much gone away, with a rare exception here or there.  I saw the heartbeat at 6w4d and am due this Thurs for another positive sighting.  Do you have any food aversions?  I've pretty much lost my appetite for a lot of foods.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had no nausea at all.  I didn't feel pregnant til about 20 weeks when I started to feel kicks.
  • Options
    I didn't have m/s with either pregnancy
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imagekellbranc:

I am almost 9 weeks and I still barely feel pregnant. While I am HAPPY I do not have morning sickness...part of me worries that my lack of symptoms are negative (despite my 2 ultrasouds revealing good growth & heartbeats).

Have you or know anyone else who never had ANY nausea but had successful pregnancies?

I had twins with ZERO pregnancy symptoms until about a month before I delieverd. Only then did I get heartburn. I never had any nausea or morning sickness. Not all pregnancies result in m/s or any other symptom for that matter. That goes for both single pregnancies and multiple pregnancies. Good luck!

• Options
    I have 2 girls & never had a lick of nausea with either of them...
  • Options
    I had nothing with DD-- just an aversion to chicken. With DS I got queasy if I didn't eat every two hours, but that was it. 
  • Options
    ME!!!  3rd pregnancy and no nausea/or puking...ever!  
  • Options
    I am almost 11 weeks pregnant and haven't felt sick at all.  I asked my doctor about it because my sister, who is also pregnant, could barely function the first few months because she was so sick and I was thinking something was wrong with me because I felt great.  She said that I'm just extremely lucky.  So don't worry about it, be thankful.
  • Options

Me!   I was so lucky to have not felt sick throughout my pregnancy. I got some migraines around month 4 but they went away within about 6 weeks.  Just be grateful about it! i've felt more sick now that i've had the baby and sometimes wish I was symptom free again! (although seeing my DS is so worth it!)

good luck through the rest of your preg! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I saw this post on the front page of The Bump and wanted to reassure you.  I didn't even KNOW I was pregnant until I was nearly 9 weeks along.  I had zero nausea, and zero symptoms.  A little later in the first trimester, I threw up a couple of times but that was it.  My friend just had her baby with almost zero nausea, and my Mom was the same way.  It's nothing to worry about - you're fortunate!
  • Options

Never had any with DD and everything was fine!

• Options
    i went 14 weeks not knowing i was pregnant because i didn't have any morning sickness. i'm 37 weeks now, and i've had some acid reflux and gas galore but no throwing up. --- oh wait... *amend*... i do remember getting sick when drinking alcohol in those first 3 months when i didn't know and wondering why i was getting sick... haha at least it came up before i had a chance to digest any of it ;)
  • Options
    I went through my entire pregnancy and I only got sick twice.  I also had an infection at the time so it could have been due to that.  Don't worry about feeling too good, enjoy it!  :)
  • Options

I am currently in my 29th week and I had zero m/s. I have been light-headed/faint a couple of times, but no real nausea, thank goodness!

I have been tired, had heartburn, and been somewhat uncomfortable, but NOTHING compared to what I have heard from other ladies Big Smile

Enjoy it!

• Options
    I never had morning sickness with my first pregnancy or with this one. However that by no means clears me from general pregnancy grief. First time around it was mild but daily headaches the first trimester and this time it is fatigue and daily nosebleeds that love to interrupt my life at the worst possible times. Godspeed to any woman who can get through the whole process scot free lol.
  • Options
    I am 28 weeks and didn't have a moment of nausea. My OB told me at my first appointment not to worry about it all and to consider myself lucky. In fact I was the poster child for being pregnant and having not ONE symptom. My boobs actually shrunk, I wasn't tired and never had a moment of the throw ups. You stressing yourself is in no way beneficial. As my OB said, "in the first trimester it either sticks or it doesn't, there is nothing you can do, so just chill." So enjoy life as you know it now before you feel like someone hit you in your ribs with a bat! :) Getting a little tight for space in there I guess.
  • Options
    I didn't have any morning sickness or even nausea. I just felt hungry like my blood sugar was dropping. Which was understandable since I was doing weight watchers and was running a few miles a day! Definitely not enough calories for a baby to grow with that!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"