December 2010 Moms

c-sections moms with outside babies

So I posted about having a c-section b/c of my LO being breech...it was schedule for Jan 5th but I started leaking amniotic fluid and ended up having her on 12/21.  The surgery went great and recovery hasn't been bad...the worst part was trying to stand up....on side of my incision burns like crazy when I try and stand up.  Once I'm up it's not nearly as bad but I wanted to see if anyone else had it and if they did anything to help.

Also how has your recovery been so far?  I know I'm still not at the 48 hour mark but I'm wondering what to expect the next few days..as far as pain.and what not.

TIA

Re: c-sections moms with outside babies

• At 48 hours I was still very sore, but able to get by on just ibuprofen.  It gradually gets better and now at 2 weeks post c/s, I feel really good.  I still have a little discomfort trying to get up out of bed and bending over and if I overdo it or don't rest enough I still get a little sore.
  • Using my pillow for a brace kinda helped it...The Motrin helped more. I took them in between the Vicodins. I was off the Vic's by day 6. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds normal! I think it hurts more on one side from where they tied the stitches? That's what I was told.

I'm 2 weeks out and still in pain if I bend over too long to change a diaper or swaddle, and if I lay down too long and get up it hurts too. I'm still on 3 ibuprofen every 6 hrs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had the exact same feeling as you..burning and more pain on one side. I was convinced that the stitches were tearing open on the side while I was in the hospital, but they told me it looked completely normal.  The more you get up and stretch out, the better. 

I'm 3.5 weeks out, and I feel pretty much normal just doing things around the house, but I do notice if I lift too much that the incision starts to hurt and lets me know I need to slow down.  It feels better every day.  Take it really easy the first week though for sure. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm 1 week out and I think that my story is probably pretty similar to everyone else's.  I've been mostly feeling pretty good, my incision has been healing pretty well, and I don't find myself favoring it too much.  Stairs can be hard, and sometimes I find myself forgetting that I'm recovering and doing too much, that's the hardest part.  It's also been hard to feel like I can't do as much for DD as I would like to (especially in the beginning), it was hard having to ask DH for so much help.

The other thing I've noticed is that I'm getting some weird pain above my incision, it's mostly like an uncomfortable feeling when my skin gets touched.  I think it might have to do with the nerves growing back together and getting weird.

• I am 2 weeks post c-sec and am down to 2 motrin as needed, though I have two vicodin left in case the holidays are too much.  I totally had the wierd pain from the knots in my stiches and that is normal from what I have heard, and is pretty much gone.  The main issue now is like greenpapaya said- the nerves growing back around my incision feels weird-kind of pins and needles, mainly I notice it in the shower and if my clothes are two loose and rub it.  At one week out I went to lunch with my DH and felt pretty great, but would wear out quickly.  Hope you tell your nurses when you are in pain and don't skip a med dose!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJulieBean767:

I had the exact same feeling as you..burning and more pain on one side. I was convinced that the stitches were tearing open on the side while I was in the hospital, but they told me it looked completely normal.  The more you get up and stretch out, the better. 

I'm 3.5 weeks out, and I feel pretty much normal just doing things around the house, but I do notice if I lift too much that the incision starts to hurt and lets me know I need to slow down.  It feels better every day.  Take it really easy the first week though for sure. 

Me too - I thought it was because a staple was loose, but it still burns now (one week out) on that one side every so often. I've been taking Motrin, but trying not to take too much and I've been avoiding taking the super strong stuff they gave me because it makes me loopy and sleepy. I'm one week out today and feeling really good. I'm trying not to do TOO much because then I know it'll make me more tired/sore and I'm not good at relying on DH to help so it's a tough balance. 

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"