2nd Trimester

This child is never going to have a name...

I am my mother's daughter for sure.  My youngest sister came home from the hospital without a name and was "Baby Baker" on her birth certificate - she didn't get a name for a week!  It took us the full 9 months to come up with "Gabriella" for baby #1, and here we are with another little girl.  I have gone over so many options with DH but he has zero interest in any of them :(  I was loving Brianna or Sophia.  At this point, I'm ready to let the board name my daughter!

Re: This child is never going to have a name...

• I'm in the same boat. DH and I can't agree on anything. I feel like our LO will never get named.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Andrea? Maya? Haylie?

No clue what you like...just a few that go with Baker I guess. :P 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh Gosh !!! LOL.. You will come up with one. It is frustrating for sure when you dont agree. We luckily came up with Our names fairly quickly but there was some ones I loved that DH didn;t :(    what style do you like? more traditional or little more wild?
  • Is there anyone in his family that's important to him? A grandmother or aunt or someone who had a big hand in his raising? You might suggest naming your daughter after them. This worked wonders when DH and I couldn't figure out a middle name to go with the girl name I chose. He's really close to his great-aunt, so he wants to use her name.
  • That was us last time.  We were in the hospital with our laptop looking at the Social Security top 1000 names for two days.  We finally decided, but I actually regretted my choice for nearly 6 months.  The worst part of it was that it was kind of a favor of DH to let me name DD after my late grandma and then I hated it.  I finally LOVE her name, but I decided next LO will have a name picked out before we give birth and that will be their name no matter what they look like.  We will also NOT be sharing with others, either, because that definitely did not help and some people can be really mean - even with typical names without strange spellings.  GL!
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • You still got some time to decide, I would just relax.
  • Thanks ladies :)  My married name is polish - starts with an L and sounds like Polowski.  I really like Lily, Lillian, Lyla - all names that sound horrible with our long last name full of Ls :)  I love Brianna - reminds DH of Brian.  Love Sophia - DH doesn't have a reason just, "nah".  (Love the family name idea, but he isn't into any of those either).  For those of you still looking, here are names I liked but he has crossed off the list (remember, we began this journey 3 years ago with DD #1, hence the long list):

Brienna
    Violet
    Brianna
    Amanda
    Arden
    Alissa
    Noelle
    Kaia
    Capri
    Carabella
    Liliana
    Adalyn
    Katiana
    Sailor
    Sophie
    Sophia/Sofia
    Morgan
    Cayla
    Kyla
    Eva
    Faith
    Charlotte
    Catalina
    Ava
    Austin
    Chloe
    Annabelle
    Augustine
    Claudia
    Anastasia
    Cassandra
    Olivia
    Violet
    Emma
    Abigail (abby) - can't do this one now as our DD is Gabby
    Harper
    Elle
    Isabella
    Lillian
    Ivory
    Kalista (Kali)
    Calista (Callie)
    Victoria
    Sienna
    Kylie
    Katrina
    Lilly
    Audra
    Rosetta (rose)
    Sydney
    Kendall
    Julianna
    Savanna
    Lilah/Lyla
    Avalon

• We came up with one baby name of Julianna (Jules) but are still deciding on our other twins name. I feel your pain :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Julianna "Jules" is a beautiful name :) 
  • Thank you! I was going through the list of names online and I said "Julianna is really pretty." and DH said I like that a lot so one twin will be Julianna Marie :) The other may be Emily Frances. We had pretty set name requests like no names beginning with L since DH and I are both LL initials and we didn't want the names to rhyme with each other.
  • Emily is beautiful too!  They go nicely together which is trickier to do than you would think!
  • imageBakeration:
    Emily is beautiful too!  They go nicely together which is trickier to do than you would think!

Thank you! Neither name were names we hear often and we wanted to be original but not out there. We just kept reading names out loud to each other and found ones we like. You might just have to say some out loud and see if any click for you and DH. Good luck, hope you find your name soon! :)

• imageBakeration:

Thanks ladies :)  My married name is polish - starts with an L and sounds like Polowski.  I really like Lily, Lillian, Lyla - all names that sound horrible with our long last name full of Ls :)  I love Brianna - reminds DH of Brian.  Love Sophia - DH doesn't have a reason just, "nah".  (Love the family name idea, but he isn't into any of those either).  For those of you still looking, here are names I liked but he has crossed off the list (remember, we began this journey 3 years ago with DD #1, hence the long list):

Brienna
    Violet
    Brianna
    Amanda
    Arden
    Alissa
    Noelle
    Kaia
    Capri
    Carabella
    Liliana
    Adalyn
    Katiana
    Sailor
    Sophie
    Sophia/Sofia
    Morgan
    Cayla
    Kyla
    Eva
    Faith
    Charlotte
    Catalina
    Ava
    Austin
    Chloe
    Annabelle
    Augustine
    Claudia
    Anastasia
    Cassandra
    Olivia
    Violet
    Emma
    Abigail (abby) - can't do this one now as our DD is Gabby
    Harper
    Elle
    Isabella
    Lillian
    Ivory
    Kalista (Kali)
    Calista (Callie)
    Victoria
    Sienna
    Kylie
    Katrina
    Lilly
    Audra
    Rosetta (rose)
    Sydney
    Kendall
    Julianna
    Savanna
    Lilah/Lyla
    Avalon

it kind of sounds to me like your DH just isnt that interested in the name choosing =/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • i love, love, love Kaia! It was my top choice but my DH "hated" it. Kaia Sophia would be beautiful.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we didn't name DS until the 3rd day in the hospital.  we had a list and waited until he was born to decide.  it's early, but i am guessing this is what we'll do again...

GL with the naming- hopefully your DH will step up and help you name your baby :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had a lot of the same names on our list as yours. We ended up with Kenley Marie. I'm not really sure where I heard Kenley but Marie is my mom's middle name. I really like Sydney and Kendall also.

• Thank you Luhdashuh - we will try that!!! :) 
  • Omg we are in the same boat.  I really thought that we were the only ones glad to know we have good company!!
  • imagemullenem:

imageheylee:
    The other may be Emily Frances.

LOVE this.  I may be biased though...my name is Emily and my grandmother's name was Frances and that will probably be the MN that we choose if LO is a girl.  It's adorable together though!

Aw that's cute :) I like that Emily isn't an overly common name and Frances is my mom and sister's middle name.

• Not sure if this helps, but my husband really likes Abigail, but I am not a fan of the nickname Abby or Gail. IF we go with it - I will likely use the nickname Bee - which may sound different enough from Gabby to use. 

We also did a ranking/elimination with a long list.  It helps, we are down to 10 (from 50+) and at 33 weeks, I hope to shorten it to 3 or less by the time we go into labor.

Good Luck!

• I had a similar problem with my first.  They old me that I could not leave the hospital without naming my daughter, whom I thought was going to be a boy!  I found in a biblical name book "Raven", it is old world German, and the verse that went with it, was something like..."look to the ravens for they do not question where there food will come from, they know that God will provide it for them".  I do not know wour religious affiliation, but that spoke to me.  So I have a Raven Lin(means beautifle jade in Chineese).

My step daughter irronicaly has my name Elizabeth, but goes by Libby.

I am again pregnant with a little girl, and my husband and I had a difficult time deciding.  We finaly chose Persephone Ava, and we will call her Percy for short.  Some of the names that I liked, that my DH did not were:

Brindell, Brielle, Currine, Sadie, Sloane, Piper, and Cadence.

Good Luck

• imageelizabeth98:
    i love, love, love Kaia! It was my top choice but my DH "hated" it. Kaia Sophia would be beautiful.

We just named our daughter Kaia Morgan and love it!  It took us a loooong time to come up w/a name that we both liked (DH's list looked like the year's top ten and mine were all fairly unique - so totally different tastes). 

The way I found Kaia was to look at names from my heritage.  Since our last name is his, I figured this could be a nod to mine.  Just something to think about, perhaps that method could work for you?

• My childhood friends were sisters, Angelina and Julianna, Angel and Jules.
  • My DS's father and I were trying to come up with names and wanted something unusual.  We both have unusual names and thought our son should have one too.  We couldn't agree on ANYTHING! LOL.  I had a dream that the baby told me his name was Jeremy!  This was not a name on any of our lists or even on my radar.  Since my DS told me that was his name, I decided to name him Jeremy.  It fits him so well and I'm glad the dream helped us get a name. :)  Good luck to you.  Maybe your daughter will visit you tonight and let you know who she is. Wink
  • I love Sophie by the way. But what do you think about Savannah or Hannah? I have had a lot of luck with my DH he already has names picked out weather it is a girl or a boy:) Good luck with naming you little princess!!
  • i totally feel you. we are expecting a boy and i only had girl's names picked out. my favs were Clara, Eva & Persephone. Clara Baker sounds awesome btw, like a classic movie star.

DH and I have like 20 names we like, but none we love... I think we're gonna have to see him to really know "who" he is. 

• Since Gabriella is the female version of Gabriel (one of the Archangels), why not name your other girl after another Archangel?  Michaela Baker.  
  • We are having the same problem!! We only had a boys name picked out (a name we have had for 2 years before even becoming pregnant!) We love our boys name so much it's hard to find a girls name we like equally. I like names that are not as common, so we are having trouble finding names we agree on. I know we have 4 1/2 months but it's still discouraging knowing I've been on the internet every day looking at names and have not found one to "stand out" yet.
  • My Husband and I are doing the same thing...I don't like his names...and some of the name I really love he's not feeling. Hope you guys find a name soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"