Trying to Get Pregnant

I was told to introduce myself... I just hope she meant here :)

Cuz I posted on the "New" board too... but this is where I'm most interested... so, not sure if you normally do "intros" here... so if not, sorry... don't feel free to be mean, Embarrassed just ignore this.  But if it is... Hi! Big Smile

Hello...

My name is Mandi, and I'm new to the bump, like many of you, and still trying to figure out the glossary, etc... but I'm getting there... especially thanks to a new bumpie friend's advice Wink

My DH and I have been married just over two years now... and he is a farmer and works tons of hours!  There is a 3-month window... December-March that he ONLY works about 50-60 hours/week... so I'm going along with his plan and TTC March-June 2011... in hopes of a baby being born while it's not as crucial for him to be in the field.  Yes, I have to consider dirt while TTC, lol.  I've heard from some that yes, you can definitely plan it... others say I'm crazy and that it'll happen when it happens.  Either way... I'm excited to be a mom... it's the only thing missing from my incredible life!

I'm learning quite a bit on here, and love it... and trying to be as prepared as possible.  I've always been a bigger girl... and been dieting since I was 12-years-old.  In August, 2009 I had weightloss surgery and had lost almost 70lbs.  Since then, I've gained about 15 back and I'm very unhappy with myself that I let that happen... especially beings I wanted to lose the majority of my weight BEFORE getting pregnant, for obvious reasons.  So, come January I'm actually going to start Zumba classes (I used to dance and loved it 10+ years ago) and plan on keeping up as long as I feel good after I get pregnant.  I tried to lose weight in the past to fit in the same size jeans as my girlfriends... now it's to support my baby.  Much more important reason... so I'm all for it, still!  My plan is to lose anothe 40lbs by March, 2011... and if I say I will... I will.  So... feel free to keep on me about that, hahaha!

I'm really excited to be here among all of you, and look forward to chatting with anyone who's interested.  I love making new friends!  And... if you're from Michigan... I'm from the "thumb" area.  Smile

Good luck to all of you TTC bumpies out there, and Merry Christmas to you all!
Mandi

ps... thanks for reading the novel, haha.

Started TTC #1 in March, 2011. Surgery to remove tumor in uterus and ovarian cysts on April 13th, 2012. Started TTC again in June. First BFP on August 12th, 2012! Betas on 8-16-12: 878 Progesterone: 8.1 Betas on 8-20-12: 4,772 Progesterone: 6.6 (Put on Prometrium until 13 weeks) BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: I was told to introduce myself... I just hope she meant here :)

• Its not that easy to plan your due date. I should be having a January baby right now but I'm still not pregnant. Maybe it will work out for you though, what is your plan if it doesn't? Sorry I never made it past the first paragraph.
  • Welcome to the board! I am very new myself, still learning and lurking a ton. This is a great board, but I will let you know now, the awesome ladies here do not sugar coat anything ;) Be prepared for that! Again, welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome, I hope you are able to conceive in you time frame. Big Smile  You might notice getting KU doesn't always happen when we want it to.  If so, everyone on this board would be on a trimester, baby, or parenting board versus TTC. Good luck to you and your hubby!

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagejefa621:
    Welcome.  Theres a link at the top of the board with a lot of good newbie info.  Also, a lot of us chart using fertilityfriend.com.  You can click my ticker to take a look.  Hope your stay here is short!  GL!

Ditto this, and reading TCOYF.  Welcome!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecantalopes24:
    Its not that easy to plan your due date. I should be having a January baby right now but I'm still not pregnant. Maybe it will work out for you though, what is your plan if it doesn't? Sorry I never made it past the first paragraph.

Thanks Canta!  If it doesn't happen in our "window" of time... we're gonna keep trying.  My farmer thinks it isn't gonna be a problem, but he's not the one lurking all over this site!  haha.
    Can I ask... what are the reasons do you think you haven't conceived yet?  I'm just curious, and again... new.  Thanks again, tons!  And GL to you!  Who knows, maybe January will still be your lucky month! Smile

Thanks for the welcomes :)  And no prob with the lack of sugar... I like it straight and forward... just don't like mean comments unless they're really called for... know what I mean?  I've seen a few Wink

Started TTC #1 in March, 2011. Surgery to remove tumor in uterus and ovarian cysts on April 13th, 2012. Started TTC again in June. First BFP on August 12th, 2012! Betas on 8-16-12: 878 Progesterone: 8.1 Betas on 8-20-12: 4,772 Progesterone: 6.6 (Put on Prometrium until 13 weeks) BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imagereinstone:

imagejefa621:
    Welcome.  Theres a link at the top of the board with a lot of good newbie info.  Also, a lot of us chart using fertilityfriend.com.  You can click my ticker to take a look.  Hope your stay here is short!  GL!

Ditto this, and reading TCOYF.  Welcome!

• imageBothMRS:

imagecantalopes24:
    Its not that easy to plan your due date. I should be having a January baby right now but I'm still not pregnant. Maybe it will work out for you though, what is your plan if it doesn't? Sorry I never made it past the first paragraph.

Thanks Canta!  If it doesn't happen in our "window" of time... we're gonna keep trying.  My farmer thinks it isn't gonna be a problem, but he's not the one lurking all over this site!  haha.
    Can I ask... what are the reasons do you think you haven't conceived yet?  I'm just curious, and again... new.  Thanks again, tons!  And GL to you!  Who knows, maybe January will still be your lucky month! Smile

Thanks for the welcomes :)  And no prob with the lack of sugar... I like it straight and forward... just don't like mean comments unless they're really called for... know what I mean?  I've seen a few Wink

We call her Lopes, BTW. Tread lightly, little one.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imageBothMRS:
    Can I ask... what are the reasons do you think you haven't conceived yet? 

It can take a healthy couple with no fertility issues up to a year to conceive.  It took us 8 months.  Getting pregnant isn't always as easy as we were taught back in middle school.  GL!

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Ok, sorry 'bout that!  My labtop is super sensitive, and it posted before I actually responded... But this is what I was going to say...

Thank you!  Thank you!  I'm actually ordering TCOYF on Amazon tonight.  A few gf's told me about it too, so I'm excited to read it.  And yeah... I'm really concerned that it will take us longer than wanted/expected... especially because of my weight/loss, etc, etc... know what I mean?  Or... maybe I'm just paranoid?  But I'm trying to do everything I can right NOW so that maybe when we start TTC in a couple months, it'll help...?

Huh?

• This hurts my head.
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageBothMRS:

imagecantalopes24:

My apologies, Lopes...

And really?  Ok, thanks for the advice!

• imageBothMRS:

imagecantalopes24:

My best guess would be because my husbands sperm hasnt met egg and then implanted yet. But I could be wrong.

• You might want to start lurking while you're still ahead :)
  • imageBothMRS:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageBothMRS:

imagecantalopes24:

My apologies, Lopes...

And really?  Ok, thanks for the advice!

Well, seriously, think about it. You're asking someone why they think they're not pregnant yet. Who knows!? It could be wonky cycles that make timing sex difficult, closed-off tubes, anovulation, a short luteal phase, low sperm counts, or just bad luck. Hopefully you won't soon learn that getting pregnant isn't as easy as we were all lead to believe in our middle school sex ed classes.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Ok... well, I didn't mean for it to sound like a dumb question... I just wondered if there were any special circumstances you wanted to chat with me about.  No biggie.  I completely understand that it just takes time.  I wish ALL of you the best of luck, and thanks again for the warm welcomes.  G'night.

• imagereinstone:
    You might want to start lurking while you're still ahead :)

This x1000

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Welcome! Good luck with everything.
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:

imagereinstone:
    You might want to start lurking while you're still ahead :)

This x1000

ditto. 

• Hi!  Welcome!  Good luck.  You never know how TTC will be for you.  It could happen, but it might not either.  I hope that it works for you when it's most convenient for your husband's schedule!  Big Smile
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• imageBothMRS:

Ok, sorry 'bout that!  My labtop is super sensitive, and it posted before I actually responded... But this is what I was going to say...

Thank you!  Thank you!  I'm actually ordering TCOYF on Amazon tonight.  A few gf's told me about it too, so I'm excited to read it.  And yeah... I'm really concerned that it will take us longer than wanted/expected... especially because of my weight/loss, etc, etc... know what I mean?  Or... maybe I'm just paranoid?  But I'm trying to do everything I can right NOW so that maybe when we start TTC in a couple months, it'll help...?

Huh?

Best bet it to start charting now, that way you get into the swing of things and you can see if you are ovulating before starting to TTC, and just chart to avoid until its time to get on the baby making train. Fertility friend has tutorials that will help. Also if you just got off BC it can take a while for your body to bounce back so its something to be aware of. 

There are a lot of accepts that effect fertility so its not a blanket answer. It took us 11 months and 5 cycles to get pregnant.  

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

• imagecantalopes24:
    imageBothMRS:

imagecantalopes24:

My best guess would be because my husbands sperm hasnt met egg and then implanted yet. But I could be wrong.

Bahahaha! And This!

• Hi and welcome. That was a very thorough intro but really nice. You seem like a very nice couple.

Honestly there are so many variables involved in TTC that it is really not that surprising to know that it can take a while for conception to take place.  And then there is the other issue of sustaining a pregnancy as well. 

The best advice I can give is to be as healthy as possible (physically, mentally, spiritually etc). I think a good place to start is reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I personally never charted because I thought it would be too distracting and stressful for me. However, the book helped me to get to know my body well enough to know what was and wasn't going right and why I was having so many miscarriages. 

I have allowed myself to chart this time because I it is something I have wanted to do for a while now and I really enjoy it. I don't use if for any other reason than that. We have sex everyday so I don't use if for strategic timing or anything like that, mostly just to confirm what I already know. I have never had any luck with OPKs and gave those up a long time ago. 

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and that this process can be enjoyable, heartbreaking, rewarding, and miraculous. It is an adventure-that is for sure. Enjoy the ride (pun intended ;-)

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Again... thanks for all the actual welcomes :)

As for posting the question to Lopes as to WHY she thought she wasn't conceiving... looking back now, yeah... it was a stupid question.  I didn't mean it in a STUPID way though!  I'm not a dumb woman... and I'm not ditzy or naive either, nor am I rude.  You ladies obviously have been through quite a bit with TTC, and I'm sure some you look at me like I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about on here... especially being a newbie and actually having the balls... or you may say ignorance... to post on a message board.

I'm so sorry if I offended anyone... never my intention.  I have no idea what life holds for me... baby or no baby.  I do hope for the best, just like you.  But when I joined TB... I did so on a happy note, excited to learn more and to see what I can do to better my chances at becomming a mom.  But after reading a few posts on here... I'm not so glad I joined now.  I would NEVER have been rude to you... especially with having more experience TTC, had spent more time on message boards, etc.  But hey, if trying to make people feel ridiculous about questions they ask... congratulations.  I hope it made you smile.

I'll continue to post, if I have any questions, or if I can maybe help someone else who asks... but other than that, I'm done with this.  Or in other words, I'll tread lightly from here on out.  :)

I really do wish you all the best, and look forward to using these message boards as a learning experience... which is what I THOUGHT it was for, again, my apologies.

Merry Christmas!

• imagexnbride:

Hi and welcome. That was a very thorough intro but really nice. You seem like a very nice couple.

Honestly there are so many variables involved in TTC that it is really not that surprising to know that it can take a while for conception to take place.  And then there is the other issue of sustaining a pregnancy as well. 

The best advice I can give is to be as healthy as possible (physically, mentally, spiritually etc). I think a good place to start is reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I personally never charted because I thought it would be too distracting and stressful for me. However, the book helped me to get to know my body well enough to know what was and wasn't going right and why I was having so many miscarriages. 

I have allowed myself to chart this time because I it is something I have wanted to do for a while now and I really enjoy it. I don't use if for any other reason than that. We have sex everyday so I don't use if for strategic timing or anything like that, mostly just to confirm what I already know. I have never had any luck with OPKs and gave those up a long time ago. 

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and that this process can be enjoyable, heartbreaking, rewarding, and miraculous. It is an adventure-that is for sure. Enjoy the ride (pun intended ;-)

Thank you so much!  :)  You have a beautiful family! 

• imagepsychgirl33:
    Hi!  Welcome!  Good luck.  You never know how TTC will be for you.  It could happen, but it might not either.  I hope that it works for you when it's most convenient for your husband's schedule!  Big Smile

Thanks!  And congrats on becomming a bride!  :)

• Welcome to TTGP and GL! Feel free to chime in where ever you'd like, that way we can get to know you Smile
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Well hello there! Welcome and good luck. Stick out tongue

Also, you have a Private Message. (scroll down to the bottom and look on the left under "My Boards"

Smile

• Welcome and GL!
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Just wanted to say welcome and GL!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLegalPawn:

Welcome to the board and GL.

It's always great to see a fellow Michigander!  Go Green!

Hi... thanks, and GL to you as well! What part of Michigan are you from? My DH graduated from State... so oh yeah, we're all g&w here, haha! We live in Reese, MI... north of Frankenmuth... east of Saginaw. Thanks for all the welcomes! :)
  • Hi and welcome! My advice... don't be so sensitive, you didn't even get a snarky response at all and you're already regretting joining TB? Read TCOYF so you can be educated about what's going on with your body and how difficult it can actually be to conceive. Keep in mind that we're all in different stages of TTC and that it is a personal and sensitive matter, so be careful with what you say. And lurk. And when you think you've lurked enough.. lurk some more.

Best of luck to you Smile

• imageLegalPawn:
    imageBothMRS:
    imageLegalPawn:

Welcome to the board and GL.

It's always great to see a fellow Michigander!  Go Green!

Hi... thanks, and GL to you as well! What part of Michigan are you from? My DH graduated from State... so oh yeah, we're all g&w here, haha! We live in Reese, MI... north of Frankenmuth... east of Saginaw. Thanks for all the welcomes! :)

I'm in Metro Detroit, Plymouth-Canton area.  MH & I went to MSU for law school.  We bleed green.  I've never been to Reese (I don't think), but I'm in Frankenmuth a few times a year.  You ever make it down this way?

Well, I've def been in Detroit before... not sure all the exact surrounding cities/towns... but I've been to Comerica and Ford Field, the Fox Theatre, etc... but I don't know the area very well.  :)  I'm a director with the Pampered Chef and just did a show last month down in Troy... and that was a little less than a 2 hour drive, but it wasn't bad.  And I had a fun afternoon with a bunch of crazy ladies! 

Well, hope you had a great Christmas... ttys!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"