Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Did you buy new pants?

I am getting frustrated b/c many of my pre-pg shirts that now fit again are too short to completely cover the band on my maternity pants. Also, my maternity pants are also getting big and I feel like they are always falling off of me. I can get my pre-pg jeans on, but they are still a little too tight to be comfortable. I am debating on going and buying 2 or 3 pairs of jeans until they fit again. I have the same problem with my bras...the ones I wore when I was pg are too big, but pre-pg bras are too small. I am having a hard time finding a size that fits right.

Did any of you go and buy new jeans/pants so that you didn't have to wear your maternity pants anymore?

Re: Did you buy new pants?

• I bought Spanx.  No new pants for me until I'm down to pre-preg weight.
  • I did.  I went to Old Navy's back to school sale and got a bunch of work pants and two pairs of jeans pretty cheap and I don't feel bad at all that I spent the money and already fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Loading the player...
  • I am in the same boat.... mat. pants falling off but reg. pants dont fit yet! I am trying to hold off and give it another 3 or 4 weeks. :  ) I may have to buy a couple pairs in a bigger size too. Oh and  same problem with the shirts....AND my boobs are too big for my old shirts. lol
  • imageJen0414:
    AND my boobs are too big for my old shirts. lol

I know this is the worst!  I have to try on 5 shirts to find one that fits!

• Yes. At about 2.5 months pp, I broke down and bought a few pants one size up. It was a sad, sad day...
  • Yes - I did - just a couple of pairs - my maternity pants are too big, but my regular clothes are too small.
  • I bought 2 pair of non-mat pants when I started back at work (4 wks ago) just to get by.  But...I'm sitting in maternity jeans right now.  It's been a couple weeks since I tried on my regular pants.  I stopped bf'ing almost 4 weeks ago and have lost some weight, so I think I might bust out the old pants and try them on again this weekend! 

I figured if I just kept wearing them, I would have a little more incentive to lose weight.  And I'm CHEAP!

• Just 1 pair of new jeans from ON and a few new tops because so many of mine are really tight/unflattering around he tummy area. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had to buy a few pairs for work since I'm still about 9 lbs above my prepreg. weight.  That said, I just bought them two weeks ago, and they're already too big.

I'd wait as long as possible. 

• I'm well below my pre-pregnancy weight, but my old pants still don't fit. My body changed.
  • I bought one pair of slacks, khakis, and jeans one size up. Angry I officially started the "loose the bump" campaign on Monday. Alot of my clothes are very unflattering right now as well.

• Yes, I caved and bought a couple pairs of jeans.  I can fit in to most of my work pants, although they are a little snug, but I couldn't squeeze in to my jeans.  I got 2 pairs of jeans at TJ Maxx for $30.  They still don't fit quite right b/c I am in between sizes.  I think my hips are wider now so if I buy jeans that fit my hips and squishy tummy, they don't fit my waist, butt, etc. and are falling down. 

Also, my BBs are permanently bigger so I bought new bras and had to buy some new tops.  I am at my PP weight so I am hoping that with time my hips will come back together and maybe I can lose some more weight and squeeze in to the rest of my wardrobe.  I was rather fond of it and miss my cute clothes!

• imagestephm0188:
    I'm well below my pre-pregnancy weight, but my old pants still don't fit. My body changed.

I am pretty close to my pre-pg weight (only a few pounds)...so I think I may be in the same boat as you.

• Yup.  I've lost all the weight, but my shape is now different -- my hips feel wider.  So, I bought a few pairs of work pants at the GAP that are one size up.  Some of my pre-pg pants/jeans fit and some don't.  It depends on the brand.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I refuse to buy bigger pants.  I am too cheap as well as fearing the horror that will come with going into a dressing room.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • our babies have the same birthday!! Although my DD was only 1 day late.

I'm having the same problem. I don't know if I should spend the money on jeans that may be too big some day once I'm back to my pre-pg weight but do I want to continue to wear maternity jeans. My doc said I may hang on to these last 10 lbs while I'm breastfeeding so I might need to buy regular jeans. I can't decide!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Only one pair. And I am using my bella band again to wear some pre-pg pants.
  • Yep... I bought 3 new pairs of pants so far.  All 1 size bigger then my normal size.  I wanted to feel like a real person again and be out of maternity clothing.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Yes.  I am at pre-pg weight but my body shape is a bit different.  My pre-pg pants just dont fit right. 

I didnt really need to go up a size when I bought new stuff, I just needed different styles.  Some styles fit better on my new body than others.  I'm so glad I bought stuff. I have a pair of jeans I bought that I LOVE.  They make me feel like I look fantastic when I wear them.  I feel like such a slob when I try to wear my pre-pg stuff.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I only fit very snuggly into three pairs of size 5 jeans , I think I need to go up a size thinking about taking a trip  to Ross !!!
  • yes I had to and I'm so glad I did.
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yes, unfortunately I'm sporting a whole new fat girl wardrobe.
  • I stuck it out in yoga/velour pants until I could fit back into some of my jeans. Luckily I can wear whatever I want to work.

Although Spanx sound like an awesome idea.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wasn't going too - but eventually broke down and bought 2 new pairs of khakis =/ BUT, on the bright side they are too baggy to wear now =) My old pants that used to be a bit baggy on me are still super-tight but they fit so I'm making do. I didn't have to wear maternity pants after having DS.
  • i've been floating at about 3 lbs above pre-pg weight for 2 months now, but nothing fits.  like some of the other posters, my body changed.  i was overweight to begin with, but look skinnier, but have to wear bigger clothes.  it's all sorts of messed up.
  • i just bought a pair of jeans yesterday - i could stand wearing maternity or the bella band any longer. the money spent was well worth it to feel human. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"