2nd Trimester

Poll: for those who haven't had BIG U/S yet...

Will you be finding out the sex of the baby?

Do you have any strong reasons as to why you are or not finding out? 

Re: Poll: for those who haven't had BIG U/S yet...

• Im finding out... need to know what color to paint the nursery.
  • yep, i wanna know cause this is my first and i want to know what to get for the cherub...i dont like any of the gender neutral bedding and what not...i just want to be prepared...just my reasons....and i know EVERYONE and their mom is gonna ask, so i might as well have an answer for them
  • Loading the player...
  • we had an anatomy scan at 17w and couldn't find out (baby wasn't cooperative). We were told we wouldn't get another u/s, so we won't find out.

Surprisingly, I'm ok with it, but this is my second baby so I'm much more mellow in general.

• Mine is in 1/2 hour.  We are not finding out, we have one of each already, so we opted for a surprise ababy!
  • We are finding out.  We already have a DD, so if we are having a boy, we feel we can be better prepared. 
  • I'm finding out the sex.  I don't like surprises and I really want to know just to know.
  • Yes we are finding out...we both really want to know and just can't wait!
  • I'm finding out.  I am super impatient and just need to know.  Plus, if it's a boy, I have a lot of clothes to get rid of.
    Married 6/20/06~Mommy to 2 beautiful girls
  • We're also finding out.  We're just too excited to wait and we also think it makes planning easier.
  • No...we are not finding out.  My husband wants to but I want a surprise for the 1st one.  I told him it is up to him for #2.  I think it might help me get through labor to have a big surprise at the end. :)  Plus I kind of enjoy not having to plan so much.  Nuetral is easier than you think. :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do not want to find out and H wants to. I told him that we will go with his decision- whatever it is. Doesn't much matter to me and I feel that I can't take away that joy from him. :) After I gave him the green light, though, he seems hesitant. We'll see what he does!

I do not want to find out because I think it's such a wonderful surprise to have in such an amazing, emotional moment. We're Jewish as well, so we won't buy anything (or very much) prior to the kid's arrival.

• we're finding out next saturday!!  GOD - the waiting is killing me!!!
  • Yes.  We are finding out.  We had a HELL of a time naming DD.  It really only got better when we could eliminate half the argument.  We haven't even discussed names at all this time.  We're waiting to find out.
  • heck yeah I am finding out.  One I don't think I could stand to know that the Dr would know but I wouldn't.  it would drive me crazy.  I am in control here!!! Not him!!   And two, I wanna paint the room.  But either way, the baby can wear the Bronco's outfit we bought  :)
  • we are definitely finding out. i like to plan and i hate surprises.

• yes, we are finding out.. yes, it's convenient and all but mostly so that we can call the baby by its name and develop a relationship with it. I don't care. call me a hippy.
  • YES! Because I need to know.  We aren't doing all gender neutral stuff and I just don't want to wait til March w/o knowing what I am going to call my baby. 
  • Yes, we will find out because I have absolutely no patience.
  • We will be finding out.

I am a planner and need to know so I can paint, etc. accordingly.  Personal choice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm finding out on Monday at 8 am, can't wait!!!!  It would drive me nuts to not find out the sex...I'm a  planner.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yes, we want to know the sex - we want to paint and have a definite name to call our little peanut
  • We are going to find out. DH and I are bad at keeping surprises. However we have decided to not tell anyone what we are having until my shower. My mom is starting bets to see how long DH and I last. I'll have my work friends to talk to about it though. I think I'll manage.
  • We are finding out.  No very strong reason, except my husband is so convinced it's a boy that I'd rather him find out sooner rather than later whether he's right or wrong (yes, he'd still be thrilled with a girl, just convinced otherwise)

• Nope,  we are not finding out.  We both want a surprise.  We have a few names picked for either boy or girl so when the moment arrives we can determine then.  We want to see our bundle first before we name him or her.  I'm actually quite calm about it too.  I thought i'd be antsy to find out but i think the surprise is better in the end.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • will be finding out...can't wait to know
  • We will be finding out for sure. I just want to know.
  • We are definitely going to find out.  We are both planners and I am not one for surprises or secrets.  We have our ultrasound scheduled for Nov. 4th.  We originally wanted to keep the sex a surprise, but we changed our minds after it took us 2.5 years to get pregnant.

Melanie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes, hopefully next week!

We don't have any really strong reason for finding out- we just figured why not, it will be fun and will make it easier to shop.

• Yes we are finding out on election day!!!!!  Go..............OBABY!!!!!! :)  I am a planner and just need to know if I can...and we want the nursery to be finished and our family is just waiting so the'll know what kind of stuff to buy us!  Plus, I would like to start calling it by it's name and not "milkshake!"  Good luck to all!!!
  • We will not be finding out. U/S is 2 weeks from today. We both want to be surprised.
  • We're going to find out if the baby cooperates, but we'll wait if he/she doesn't. My husband wants to know, and I could go either way. WE figure there's no harm, and we can think of the baby as boy or girl instead of just baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"