2nd Trimester

Where is my d@mn pregnancy glow? / Intro

Hi ladies.  It's about time for me to transition over to 2nd tri...so glad I made it! 

I'm still rocking the pregnancy acne and spare tire bloat.  Not feeling super attractive right now.  Just when my skin clears up, I get a whole new batch of pimples...have the rest of you seen improvements in skin tone/clarity?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where is my d@mn pregnancy glow? / Intro

• I am in the same boat with the terrible acne!  I was so excited a few weeks ago thinking it had passed and then out pops some new ones!  It's horrible!  Sorry, not much encouragement from me :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't had very much acne but I have had a huge influx of white hairs growing in. I am starting to look ancient! :( I didn't notice it much until I cut my hair short and then it became very apparent. I am going to have to start dyeing my hair on a regular basis now. *sigh* I mean I was going gray before but now its like super speed.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know...I wonder the same thing. People who know me tell me I'm "glowing" but I certainly don't feel it. I haven't had trouble with acne, but I have dark circles under my eyes which clash against my pasty white skin. Some of my other symptoms have lessened, if that's any encouragement!
  • I thought at first that my skin looked better than it usually does...that was up until about 3 weeks ago! Ughh....its awful now! Like Im 16 all over again Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel your pain, I feel like one day ill wake up and my head will just be one giant pimple Crying they start to fade then come back with pitchfolks
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My skin cleared up when I started washing my face with Cetaphil instead of Neutrogena.  I don't know if it was the change in face wash or the magical second trimester (which has been anything but magical for me)!  Either way, the day after I started using the Cetaphil bar I could tell a difference.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I feel the same.  I have been having terrible breakouts that are actually painful, especially during the transition into the 2nd trimester.  I started using an acne wash 1 time a day and it has really cleared it up. (or it just finally tapered off, i am not sure)

Now I am having dry skin problems and developing dry itchy patches in various places on my body.  Oh yes, the glow.   ha ha.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMulhollem42:

I feel the same.  I have been having terrible breakouts that are actually painful, especially during the transition into the 2nd trimester.  I started using an acne wash 1 time a day and it has really cleared it up. (or it just finally tapered off, i am not sure)

Now I am having dry skin problems and developing dry itchy patches in various places on my body.  Oh yes, the glow.   ha ha.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention I have dry skin WITH breakouts regardless of which moisturizer I use...a lovely combination!

WTH, ladies??  You were supposed to tell me everything was going to be peaches and cream in the 2nd tri!!  Lol.  At least I'm not alone!

• I'm certainly not "glowing".  I've probably had more pimples in the last 21 weeks than all of my teenage years put together.

image image

• I am at 17 weeks today and I STILL don't have that fabled glow. I am 37, and I suspect that has something to do with the continuing fatigue and pallor. I asked rhetorically on my Facebook status about where my 2nd trimester glow is the other day. My niece, who just had her last child at age 32, said it's more of a dim light than a glow when you are over 30. :)
  • I'm in the  same boat... I talked to my OB and she said it would probably start clearing up towards the end of my 2nd trimester... I have never had acne this bad, even with my first two kids... AND I'm eating so much healthier (all I'm craving is fruits and veggies, can't stand the thought of eating red meat, and very few sweets!)
  • imagekwiklip:
    I am at 17 weeks today and I STILL don't have that fabled glow. I am 37, and I suspect that has something to do with the continuing fatigue and pallor. I asked rhetorically on my Facebook status about where my 2nd trimester glow is the other day. My niece, who just had her last child at age 32, said it's more of a dim light than a glow when you are over 30. :)

I think your neice is dead on with that one.  I am 33 and I swear there is no pregnancy glow, that's for the young ones.  Not fair.

• I'm 20 weeks on Christmas day, and I'm not glowy either. I also don't have any extra body heat and still need to bundle up even in my own house. I don't have acne on my face, thankfully, except for a pimple now and then; but I do have tiny, tiny ones ALL OVER my upper belly. They are the same kind that I broke out in when I quit my birth control pills. 

But I'm grateful that my stomach finally looks round and I have a baby bump instead of just looking like I drink too much beer. And with makeup on, I don't feel too pasty or tired-looking. Makeup off is another story...

Someone mentioned white hairs...I found some on my head too! I don't know if they were there before I got pregnant, but there are a couple in there now...right in the sideburn area in front of my ears where my blond hair is darkest, I see some white/gray ones. :( I'm 30 and not ready for that. 

• I was breaking out horribly up until around week 18 or 19. I'm just about in week 22 and the last couple weeks has been looking great! I think it takes some time for your body to adapt the changing hormones that occur in the second trimester. Just hang in there! And drink LOTS of water...
  • imagekwiklip:
    I am at 17 weeks today and I STILL don't have that fabled glow. I am 37, and I suspect that has something to do with the continuing fatigue and pallor. I asked rhetorically on my Facebook status about where my 2nd trimester glow is the other day. My niece, who just had her last child at age 32, said it's more of a dim light than a glow when you are over 30. :)

SO unfair to say!!  I'm 35 and had decided that 'glowing' is something people only say because they can't say 'my god you're getting huge'.  I treated myself to a facial a couple of weeks ago, and the next day no fewer than 6 people at work told me I was absolutely glowing and that pregnancy really suits me.  Including one woman I had never met before!  It's just the winter pallor.  Go get a facial and you'll start glowing - promise!

• I'm 21 weeks today and up until about two weeks ago my belly was all gross and bloated looking and I had a patch of acne break out on one side of my face that was just disgusting... Then, magically, about two weeks ago my belly popped out and got all nice and round and my skin cleared up. People actually know I'm pregnant now...everyone tells me I look great and I FEEL great. Give it a couple more weeks, you'll see a change.
  • OMG me too! I am only 28 but all of the sudden I looked in the mirror and I could see sooooo much white hairs! I ran straight over to the store and picked up some hair dye. Is it really from the pregnancy? And also I have been have backne like crazy my whole pregnancy and I'm 20 weeks right now with no signs of it going away :(Xmas Fetus
  • Hi!I am 17 weeks pregnant and realized about a week ago that my acne is GONE! I thought this day would never come, but it did.  Now, I'm just trying to get comfortable with my body changing.  I always thought that being pregnant and having a bump was going to be so amazing, but it is actually a lot harder than I thought to transition.  I feel very self-conscious about my changing body and just with that I could embrace it more! Any helpful tips???
  • OMG! It seemed towards the end of my 2nd trimester when the acne hit full blown.  I try not to touch or scratch, but they hurt.  I'm in my 3rd trimester and nothing encouraging yet, sorry...  :-(
  • My acne has been HORRIBLE!!!! I am so frustrated!!! So far, mine is not claering up at all. I am soo upset!
  • Ladies - I had the same problem, but now that I'm 20 weeks I have people commenting on how great my complexion is.  I naturally have oily skin, so I have to be careful.  EXERCISE, WATER, and lots of FRUITS and VEGGIES!  Be good to yourself.  It should clear up in your second trimester =)  All those things will make you feel fantastic and give you tons of energy in your 2nd trimester also.
  • I am so sorry to say this, but I'm a couple weeks away from tri #3 an my face is still pretty well a trainwreck-a lot of those uncomfortable, deep-under-the-skin type of zits. I too would like to know where the heck my glow is! I've been feeling horribly unattractive lately, but at least the spare tire bloat is now an unmistakeable baby bump which feels a little sexier than just the plain old bloat I had at first. I'm also (slowly) regaining my libido thank god!!! I really missed that more than anything!! Don't worry bout the skin, if you haven't felt baby kicking yet, once you do that will pretty much make everything else seem inconsequential. I love when sweet baby James does his little dance in there :-D
  • That is so true..lol I am 21 weeks with my 3rd baby girl..and there is NO glow..lol I am 31 going on 32...oh well...who cares about the glow..look what we have to look forward to!! :)
  • Second trimester made things worse for me. I'm headed into my third now and things are starting to look up but I'm thinking it might not have anything to do with things actually getting better. My skin has been REALLY dry so I was using a moisturizer to help combat that, but I think that's what made the acne soooo bad! I've stopped using it and everything is clearing up. Just be sure to watch what products you're using!
  • To add my little note of encouragement, my pregnancy pimples did go away.  I swear.    Granted.... it wasn't up until about 3 weeks ago, but they did finally quit!!!  I hope this is a little glimmer of hope that the icky pimple face thing does go away. 

I just got my first "glow" comment today.  Someone at work mentioned that I looked like I was glowing, and that really made my day because in the process of trying to pick out an outfit this morning, I decided that I hate all of my clothes....  Bummer.  The biggest bummer is the fact that they are all maternity clothes, and not very old.  I just hate them all.  Crying 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a glow!  and i'm pretty sure it's from the 15 layers of oil that are constantly oozing out of my poor pimply face.  This is some B.S.  However, totally worth it considering the present coming in February :)

HOWEVER - i feel a bit cheated - i went and spent extra money on a "pregnancy facewash" that claimed it was gentle but effective, and while gentle, yes, effective NOT SO MUCH.  Don't buy the hype (or the expensive pregnancy facewash).  I think we just gotta accept that we're giong to look like we're 14 until we give birth. 

And i don't think it has much to do with age...i'm only 26 and i feel like a rundown pimply dark-under-eye-circled mess.  Hooray pregnancy :)

• I'm in the same boat-16 1/2 weeks today and the spare tire is still there!   If you didn't know I was pregnant, you'd think I ate a bit much for the holidays.  My acne is getting a little better.  About two weeks ago I started using a face wash from dermatologica and a benzoyl peroxide cream (dermatologist and ob approved).  It is helping but it's a slow improvement.  I'm ready for the pretty prego glow too-I hope you see it soon.  :-) 
  • My face is clear but I have it all over my back and chest grr. Welcome to 2nd tri!
  • i just gave birth to my son 3 weeks ago and still havent gat rid of the acne completely. i had it since i started the 2nd trimester.i hated it but my hair did grow like crazy...sorry
  • im also wondering wheres my glow i feel so ugly with this acne  and ill be 6 months 2morrow, but i hope it gets better 4u
  • I'm 41 weeks and I never got rid of the acne. I had super clear skin before pregnancy so maybe my hormones worked in the reverse lol
  • I tried Gunilla of Sweden's organic mud mask about a month ago and many of the big pimples dried up...my skin's not perfect but it's a lot better than it was.  First I used it for 1/2 hour @ night and 15 minutes in the morning.  Now I just use it at night. 
  • Well I haven't had the breakouts, I ended up with terrible dry skin all over face looking like a molting reptile.   I've always had dry skin, but Baby has definately made me even dryer this winter.  I've found that NARS aqua gel hydrator and St. Ives apricot scrub are great for the winter/baby dry skin.  I think I almost have a glow!! :) (for a cheaper fix Cetaphil lotion in the jar has been great too!).

Quick warning to those of you would are trying to fight your acne with harsher products, DON'T!  This can actually be more harmful to your skin, dry it out too much and then your skin becomed too dry and stripe of all the naturally producing oils.  It then produces more oils and then you get really dry skin with lots of acne.  If you're normally dry, use a gentle cleanser (e.g. Cetaphil) at night and just water in the AM.  Make sure to moisturize with a non-oil based lotion (water based one are great!).  If you normally have oilier skin, than use an astrigent, but make sure you're using a exfoilator too - the dead skin cells often clog our pores more than oils do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"