Working Moms
Options

anyone else working Christmas?

how are you handling it?  

it's my year to work Christmas.  we rotate the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years).  So I get to work the nights of the 24th and the 25th this year.   We've decided to move Christmas up a day and celebrate Christmas day on the 24th... we'll pretend the 23rd is the eve, wake and open gifts on the 24th, have our Christmas dinner on the 24th.  I'll sleep most of the 25th... may see if dh will take the kids to see Tangled (if any theaters are open, they used to open on Christmas, right?) on the 25th.    anyway, one nurse I work with just plans on staying up between the two shifts.  she has a school age child who would probably figure it out.  we don't have a calendar posted anywhere and have warned all family (who live elsewhere) that we'll be calling on the 24th instead.  We just have to keep the tv off. ; )   

Re: anyone else working Christmas?

• Options
    Yes movie theaters are open on Christmas! DH and I go to a movie every Christmas : ) sorry you have to work, but it will be fine.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Luckily No, my maternity leave takes me right past x-mas. I am a nurse too but we do it so you either work x-mas eve & new years day or x-mas day & new years eve
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. Its seems like I'm always working the holiday. We're doing our Christmas dinner tonight, then we'll open presents when I get home CHRISTMAS morning. DH is also taking the kids to see Tangled LOL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Great idea, btw.

I'm on call Christmas Eve, but hoping it will be calm so I just have to go to the hospital and see babies that morning. Fingers crossed.

• Options
    You have to love working for a place that is open 365 days a year right ... I have to work the 24th and 25th but we will hopefully only be working half day .  
  • Options
    i hav work christmas moring 11am to 4pm. i am soorry you have to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"