Cloth Diapering

Is it worth it to sell prefolds?

I don't have the prefold love. I just cannot get them on right.  I have a dozen GMD red edge seconds. I have only used a couple of them once.  The are fully prepped.  But would it even be worth it with shipping? Those guys are heavy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it worth it to sell prefolds?

• I sold them along with other CDs. I thought it was worth it.
  • can  you use them as extra stuffing for pockets?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it is worth it to ship them alone.  It was going to be $8 to ship 12 red GMDs.  I kept them and just use them on the bed for naked time or if I know she needs to be changed but is going to bed shortly and I don't want to waste a fitted.
  • imagemrs.jlsprouse:
    I don't think it is worth it to ship them alone.  It was going to be $8 to ship 12 red GMDs.  I kept them and just use them on the bed for naked time or if I know she needs to be changed but is going to bed shortly and I don't want to waste a fitted.

This is what I was thinking.  Maybe if someone wants few tossed in with other diapers.  

• I will likely use ours as burps cloths and rags. We do stuff our pockets with them ever now and then.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • How much are you asking for them?  I might be interested.  RE: shipping- would it be cheaper to use the flat rate boxes?  
  • I have sold my prefolds locally and thought that was worth it. Someone bought them for what I paid for them... 
    DS 09.11.10
  • imageKim72508:
    How much are you asking for them?  I might be interested.  RE: shipping- would it be cheaper to use the flat rate boxes?  

Nope, it's actually more expensive, in most cases... a dozen red edge would probably need to go in a large FRB, and shipping is nearly $15 for those.

Selling locally is the way to go for prefolds.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• imageKim72508:
    How much are you asking for them?  I might be interested.  RE: shipping- would it be cheaper to use the flat rate boxes?  

IDK. I paid like $30 for them.  They fit into the large flat rate box, but its like $14.50 for shipping alone. I honestly think its cheaper to get them new from GMD. 

• I despise PFs too..... and they are fabulous at cleaning and absorbing messes in our house as unpaper towels.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"