July 2011 Moms
Options

Scary appointment... that turned out great!

So after waiting like 30 minutes to finally just go back, I find out today that we are not getting an ultrasound.  The nurse tried to find the heartbeat with a Doppler and couldn't.  My heart immediately broke and I was crying in the waiting room.  (Luckily DH was there and he was great.)

I had to wait 35 minutes for an ultrasound, but once we got in there we heard the heartbeat beating away, and baby was moving all over!  It was the best ending to my day.  The baby was standing up and had it's back to my front, which is probably why they couldn't get the heartbeat.  Oh I am sooooooo relieved and happy right now.  Congrats to everyone else on good appointments!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scary appointment... that turned out great!

• Options
    yayyy soo happy it turned out well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Options
    Thank goodness, glad it was okay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So did they decide to do the ultrasound because they couldn't find it with the doppler? Or was it because you got upset and they were trying to ease your mind? I'm curious now because I have my first apt. on the 27th. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What a stressful appointment! Glad it ended with a nice little HB!!
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    Oh wow, what an experience. I got to hear the heartbeat with the doppler yesterday, but it was a little scary at first, it seemed like forever by the time he finally found it. I guess I just thought he would immediately find it, how naive I am. 
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMrs Castillo:
    So did they decide to do the ultrasound because they couldn't find it with the doppler? Or was it because you got upset and they were trying to ease your mind? I'm curious now because I have my first apt. on the 27th. 

I was wondering the same. When my MW didn't find the heartbeat she shrugged it off like it was no big deal. I was so upset, but she said that even if I didn't have my NT scan a few days later she wouldn't have had me come in until next week for an u/s anyways.

• Options
    I'm glad your appointment turned out to be great. I have another appointment tomorrow. I saw the heartbeat at my last appointment and I am hoping to hear it this time. But we willl for sure have an u/s either way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"