January 2011 Moms
Options

36 week update

I went in friday for my checkup and found out LO is in position but stuck on my bones and probably not going to drop.  Not sure if it's his size or my bones not opening!  Anyway I go back tomorrow and we'll assess the space he is living in and the dangers he faces, probably looking at a C-section within the next couple weeks! 

Re: 36 week update

• Options
    Good luck - keep us posted.
  • Options
    Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! I hear that in the last few weeks, the "elastin" hormone is supposed to open up your hip joints. So here's hoping that your elastin kicks in!
  • Options
    I would work on some hip-opening activities for the next couple of weeks.  Squatting, lunges, sitting cross-legged, doing some light, supported yoga poses (only if you are experienced with them), sitting on an exercise ball.  Get out and walk, clean your house.  Any activity you are comfortable with while drinking plenty of water and making sure you resting.  You still have a lot of time for LO to drop and many don't drop until labor starts so I wouldn't be thinking c-section yet.  But there are some things you can do to encourage your hips to open up a bit.  Good luck!
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies, problem is LO is already 7.5+ pounds so he is running out of room and his movement is slowing down a ton.  Dr is concerned that he is just to big!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"