January 2011 Moms

Degree of readiness - clicky

How ready are you for baby to come?  Are you just "done" being pregnant?  Do you have everything you need for baby?  Are you mentally prepared (ha, whatever that means)?[Poll]
image  image
Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3

Re: Degree of readiness - clicky

• So ready. All my "loose ends" are tied up and I'm finally ready to get the show on the road...:)
  • I voted for how I felt last Thursday when my water broke. We had most of the "stuff" ready but mentally we were NOT there and work-wise I was not feeling ready to go out on leave and DH was in the middle of a big deadline.

DH and I spent the whole night saying, "I'm not ready. Are you ready? I'm not ready! It's too soon!"

But Lyla didn't care!

• Loading the player...
  • I am totally done being pregnant, but not yet ready to have the baby. I need at least 2 weeks until I'm baby ready.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are def. ready for her! And good thing, since my due date is 12 days away!! I am so anxious to meet her! I'm not worried or nervous about delivery or life with a newborm, I am just so ready to begin this next phase of my life!

However, with that said, I have been so. freakin. busy.  I really, really want her to stay in until right around her due date so I can get a chance to relax!  work is insane for me right now, preparing a new teacher to take over my class, so I have to train her all day, then bring all my work home with me to do at night.  I get very little down time.  I just want a day or two to veg out! But of course she will come when she wants to come, and whenever that is, we will be thrilled!!! Even if it is on Christmas Day! :) 

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• Well, we are ready in that we have all her stuff set up, clothes/bedding/blankets/towels washed, etc. Physically, I am tired. I can't move and I'm uncomfortable. I am ready to have her out. However, emotionally, I'm not sure. Are you ever really ready for a baby? lol. I get nervous at times being a first time mom. I know I can do it but sometimes there are moments of doubt but DH always reassures me. He is so amazing. We are both nervous excited and can't wait for her to be here and start our "adventure". 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am definitely ready in the sense that my body hurts and it will feel better to have her out but I also know that it is easier to have a baby in the belly than in arms LOL. I've been telling everyone that as soon as Christmas is over, she's welcome to come. We have too much to do this week!
    Survived major c-section complications which led to massive blood transfusion, hysterectomy, BSO and pulmonary embolism. Very thankful to be alive to raise my kids! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was fairly eh, whatever until I found out my induction date is in 10 days and not like, a month-ish, and now I'm freaking out.  And it's about the dumbest, most nitpicky things ever... THE BABY CAN'T COME YET I'M REORGANIZING THE BOOKSHELVES.
  • I voted "Getting close, buit not quite ready"- but I may change my mind if this sleeping-4-hours-a-night crap keeps up! :( At this point I think I'll sleep more when he gets here...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SS maybe?  I personally am 1000% ready (emotionally ready, have everything wrapped up at work (way early), have his room and belongings ready, etc) but at 36w Aidan clearly isn't, so I can't really wish him out yet.

Edited to add some detail

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• I'm done and so ready! Just locked in our newborn photographer and that was all I had left to do. I could care less if this baby comes on Xmas. I just want to see her already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I could handle physically being pregnant while longer, I am not that uncomfortable, but I am mentally ready to meet LO, and we have all the preparations in place, so anytime she wants to come works for us!  I'd rather it be after 37 weeks of course, so anytime after Christmas.
  • imageFergie+1:
    I voted "Getting close, buit not quite ready"- but I may change my mind if this sleeping-4-hours-a-night crap keeps up! :( At this point I think I'll sleep more when he gets here...

Yes- this exactly! I'm so tired! Last night I was up to pee for the upteenth time and then just walked around a bit to try and get the kinks out of my back and kept thinking- it would be so much nicer to do this with a babe in my arms! I still have much left to do though and at 34 weeks, I know my LO is not ready yet!

• Ready, ready, ready!

We did all of our hospital packing for "just in case" with the version last weekend. Now that he is head-down I want him to come before he decides to flip back. Between that and having sporadic contractions--I am ready! We do still need to get the crib side-carred, but I am not stressed about that. We can just put it next to our bed with all 4 sides up if we haven't figured out the side-carring by the time he comes.

• i voted SS... i've been miserable most of my pregnancy so i've been feeling like im just ready for it to be over... however last night i completely started freaking out and changed my mind... it was such a sudden dramatic change... idk what brought it on.... but i felt like i was having a panic attack and now i just dont want her to come out... i want her to stay where she is nice and safe and i can protect her... im just nervous about having other ppl handling her.  i feel like im going to be terribly over protective... :(
  • I am so ready. I am uncomfortable beyond belief. I have not had a chance to sleep with my husband (just sleep, no hanky panky) in over a month because I cannot lay down. I have been have contractions for over a week but am not really dialating too much. Just about 1 centemeter as of Friday when I was in L&D.

I am ready.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • More than ready

• I am very done but Im conflicted because I either want him to come this weekend or wait til after the New Year so that hes not too close to Christmas. So if he doesnt come by tomorrow Im going to stop walking so much and doing things to get him out.
  • I'm 38 weeks, 1 day and am not ready at all for this baby even though I've been having contractions for over 2 weeks now and am having the normal, late pregnancy discomfort, and the baby has been at 0 station for nearly two weeks.

The nursery isn't close to being set up, I am not done with work yet (I need at least one more week there), I haven't finished my Christmas shopping, my house is a disaster because its been raining and we have a dog and construction going on right now that track mud in all the time, my bags aren't packed for the hospital, and I'm just not ready for another baby yet mentally. Hopefully I don't deliver for another week/10 days at least but my doctor thinks before Christmas is more likely. 

• Actually, if I could hold this baby in until March or so, I'd be more than happy to do that. 
  • Mentally and physically (meaning my body) I am so done being pregnant and I am so ready for Gavin to arrive.  I am hoping to make it through Christmas so I can be home with DD. 

As far as being ready with STUFF, no way.  Thanks to the window company, most of our construction on the kids' rooms has gotten effed up and we are working around it, but the nursery is not a nursery yet.  DD's dresser has not arrived so her old dresser is in DS's new room with half his stuff and half hers and all her sheets, valence, and nursery decor is still up.  Hubby is painting this week, but we haven't figured out what's happening with her in the meantime since she is refusing to vacate her crib and I don't have the energy to fight with her.  I have his carseat installed, clothes washed, diapers and burp clothes and blankets on hand, and new pump parts and bottles/ sterilizer in case.  That's all I "really" need!!

• I'm miserable and totally ready. I hate not being able to take care of DD1 because I can't get off my butt and play with her like she wants to. I just want to see my two girls together. I want to have L&D over with. I want to not have to worry about all the things that could go wrong in these last few weeks of pregnancy.

Anytime after Christmas, she's free to make her escape. 

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I am done and ready for this baby to come any time. We have everything ready and I am physically and mentally ready.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ready, ready!! Tired of hurting!! My doc also told me that she didnt think that I would make it to my due date and it should be "any day now," so that has really mentally prepared me. Let's do this thing. :)

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not ready!!  We don't have the car seat installed, no dresser/changing table, the crib isn't put together, and I haven't finished washing clothes and blankets.  Not to mention I just got used to the idea that I'm pregnant, I just have to start wrapping my mind around the fact that this will end in a BABY.  SO has been making fun of me for wanting to get everything done already, but after reading this thread I feel way behind.  I'm telling him tonight that we are not waiting until I am in labor to put the crib together, dammit.
  • I voted ss. While I am super excited and can't hardly wait for her arrival to be honest, I love being pregnant and am not ready to not be pregnant anymore, LOL. 
  • I think I'm pretty ready with most of the "stuff" but mentally I'm still like, "what!?!? I'm going to have a newborn!?!" but I think I was seriously nesting this weekend - super cleaned the entire apt, went on a huge x-mas shopping spree, wrapped everything, installed the car seat, oh, and I think I lost my MP....at least I had some spotting sat night.
  • SS - If LO came home tomorrow everything would be here that he would need. There are a few little odds and ends that I may pick up before I deliver, but if not its no big deal.

However, being as that I am only 34 weeks, I am in NO hurry for him to get here anytime sooner than 3 weeks from now!

• Sooo not ready... our families have been telling us to hold off on buying more baby stuff until after Christmas, as they've bought several of our big ticket items we did not get yet as Christmas gifts... so we are waiting, but I hate not being ready in case she is early (granted, I am not due until the end of Jan, but you never know).  Plus, EVERYBODY got us size 2 diapers, and then explained "Well, I figured you would get so many newborn and size 1, you would need some of the size 2 for when the time comes!" well everyone had that idea because we got 3 regular size packages of size 2 and one of the humongous crates of them, and that was it.  Long story short, we have no diapers for this baby, and I just haven't gotten around to going and buying some... her room just got finished today (closet doors are FINALLY up now that the missing piece came in the mail from Lowe's), and it needs to be set up still... clothes aren't washed, I haven't even really done a "count" on her clothes to make sure I'm not missing something huge.  We HAVE the carseat, just haven't installed it (want to be able to put the seats of our SUV down when we go to my mom's for Christmas so we can take her glider home with us).  And I'm a teacher but haven't even started writing lesson plans for my long term sub... WHEW!  I feel overwhelmed :)
  • I need to pack a bag for ds and a bag for me, and while everything may not be perfect at this point I'm ready to be done.  I'm so tired of feeling miserable!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • I'm SO done being pregnant. I feel like his head is lodged so far in my ribs that they are bending outward... So painful. I just want to have him outside.

The only thing we really have left to do is to install the car seat and wash another load of baby laundry... then we should be all ready.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • check back later Wink DH packed his bag, LO bag is packed mine is almost done being packed but some reason I just dont feel ready I dont think I will ever feel ready because I constantly have the feeling that I am missing something, still need a few stuff for the nursery too. Most people say anytime after x-mas but for me anytime after new year :)
  • I'm feeling great and the baby can stay in longer.  I'm not uncomfortable, tired, or short of breath.  This pregnancy has been a breeze so far.  Well, except the GD but that has been easy to control.  I always feel lucky when I read some of the posts about feeling ill, or uncomfortable.
  • SS: Realistically I will have all the essentials by the end of next week (waiting on delivery) but I feel like I'm forgetting something.  I've looked at a bunch of lists and apparently I have everything covered but I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something.

As for mentally, uh it varies by day LOL.  I am ready to sleep without waking up every single hour (even 2 or 3 hour stretches would be a luxury).  It still doesn't quite feel real yet.  I don't feel like I'm big enough in the belly for him to almost be here, how can he be ready if he still seems so little?  

• imagemamaprof:

I'm 38 weeks, 1 day and am not ready at all for this baby even though I've been having contractions for over 2 weeks now and am having the normal, late pregnancy discomfort, and the baby has been at 0 station for nearly two weeks.

The nursery isn't close to being set up, I am not done with work yet..., I haven't finished my Christmas shopping, my house is a disaster because its been raining and we have a dog and construction going on right now that track mud in all the time, my bags aren't packed for the hospital, and I'm just not ready for another baby yet mentally. 

Oh my god. I could have written most of this post word for word. considering there is still a giant mountain of CRAP in the nursery and the storage space/garage/studio is on hold until it stops raining, I am just about ready to cry.  

• I definitely don't feel ready. Last week's scare really motivated us to finish setting up the nursery, but I am definitely not feeling ready to care for him full-time yet.  I'm really swamped at work and I need to get my team fully staffed and trained before I leave.  Now is not the time for turn-over!  Plus, I wish that I had some time to relax and take it all in before he arrives.  I've been a whirlwind.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"