3rd Trimester

Anybody else awake!!

I woke up 4am and haven't been able to go back to sleep.  I have horrible indigestion.  I should never have eaten pizza for dinner.  It did me in..ugh!!

This is my last night at home before my c/s scheduled for Monday morning.  I have to go to the hospital tonight at midnight.  I am 39 weeks pregnant today.  My baby has been breech since 36 weeks.  I tried a Version last Monday that didn't work and was very painful.  I am excited about seeing the baby but sooo nervous about the surgery.  I don't know what exactly has me so worried.  I know lot's of women have c/s's and are fine.  I guess I am just worried that it is surgery.... the only surgery I have had is when my tonsils came out at the age of 4 or 5.  I really don't remember it.  My husband seems to be doing fine with the whole thing.  Not sure if that is because he is doing it for my benefit or he is just not concerned.  Either way, today is going to be a very long day. 

Re: Anybody else awake!!

• It's great that you get to meet your LO soon! I'm sorry you're nervous about the section. I hope everything turns out well :)

I'm at work. It's mid-afternoon here. I'll be leaving to go home in about 30 minutes, thankfully. Sitting for long periods gets more uncomfortable everyday. Between being at my desk all day and an hour-long bus ride each direction, I'm pretty well worn-out by the end of the day. Whoever though sitting could be so exhausting?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • you have every right to be nervous!  your going through surgery!  that being said, i'm sure everything will be just fine!  i'm having a repeat on feb. 25th and everytime i start getting nervous, which is a lot, i make myself think of somthing else.  other wise, i would sit around and worry all day!  and i'm sure your dh is jsut being strong for you.  thats how mine is, sort of a rock.  but thats good, he's there for you to lean on!  have a great day, hope you can stay busy!  and good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck with your c/s!  Won't be long till you're holding your baby.  :-) 

If you have apple cider vinegar, try 2 tsp in 6oz of water for the indigestion.  I get really bad reflux to the point where I have to sit up or acid comes up the back of my throat, but I'm usually able to lay back down within 15 min or so of drinking the vinegar mix.  It's the enzyme in the apple cider vinegar that helps - even eating an apple can help (although I've found that eating an apple doesn't work quite as well or last as long as the vinegar.)  Hope you feel better so you can rest for your big day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I haven't worked since mid November.  I am jealous that you get to sit at a desk.  I know that sounds crazy to you but for me I worked every night on my feet.  I bar-tend and waitress at night and I have to say I would have gladly traded you.  My shifts were only 4-5 hours but at the end my feet really killed me.  They told me to cut everyone off even if they weren't drunk.  I am sure my  customers were happy to have someone else take over my shifts.  I miss working-getting out of the house and having a routine everyday.  Thanks Ladies for the support.  This is not how I imagined things would go.. I have 3 other kids and just assumed I would have a vaginal birth.  You just never know how things are going to go.
  • Good luck with meeting your baby soon!

I've been up for the past 1 1/2 hours; DD#1 has a runny nose & a cough and I'm 100% certain I have caught it - ugh!  Good news is that she is still sleeping and has been sleeping since 9pm last night! :)  I have been pretty uncomfortable sleeping in our bed lately too; so I moved to the couch at 3am, woke up at 5am and just got out of a hot bath.  Made myself a cup of tea and hopefully I can take a nap this morning when she takes one.

Have a good day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"