Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Reflux---HELP!!!

Along with the eczema, our baby girl also has terrible reflux.  We've had her on all sorts of formula...from soy, sensitive, nutramigen, and now AR.  She's constantly throwing it all up though.  She's gaining weight but it breaks my heart seeing her spit up so much...ALL day long.  It's so hard giving her tummy time because as soon as she gets on her tummy...she spits up all over the place.  Anyone else dealing with this?

Re: Reflux---HELP!!!

• Options
    We just saw the ENT doctor earlier this week and he put her on medicine for this and that wasn't even why we were there.  I felt like a bad mom for not realizing that she had this sooner.  I hate seeing her spit up all the time.  It sucks.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD had terrible reflux but she also turned out to be allergic to milk and soy. Not even Nutramigen helped and we had to put her on Neocate. Her reflux and other symptoms are much better. I only mention this since you said she has eczema, which DD did when I was BFing or giving milk based formula.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I highly recommend trying a hazelwood necklace. My son used to spit up quite a bit and I was told to try them by a few people. I thought it sounded hoky so I didn't for the longest time and finally I was getting really tired of smelling like sour milk and sporting "spots" on my shoulders so I bought one for 12 bucks and it helped sooo much! They say they are also supposed to help with excema which I haven't really noticed but the reflux results have been wonderful for us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is your LO on meds? My daughter is on Prevacid twice a day. I've seen a huge difference in her spit-ups since she's started it. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Reflux can be such a silent difficulty, that many many many parents miss it, so please don't berate yourself for that!  Both my DH and myself have stomach difficulties so we were a little quicker than some to pick up on it ... many parents never worry about the extra spit-up as long as their babes are happy ... but the doc's we work with say that getting on medicine early will help reduce the acid and heal the sphincter at the top of the stomach so that it closes properly to reduce the amount of reflux.  Most children don't need to stay on the medicines forever.  There is a fabulous website with many wonderful parent supports who will answer your questions, at infantrefluxdisease.com   The message board has been our saving grace when stressed out about our son.

Thomas is 7months old and has been on prevacid since 2months.  He was spitting up while sleeping, and then gagging and choking on it.  The prevacid has helped immensely ... and he's also on another stomach med to help his digestion, as he's been through a number of tests that showed that he had delayed gastric emptying.  Soy formula worked for us (and still does) although Alimentum was what we were put on at first (it's extremely expensive in comparison here in Canada and hard to find).  We also thicken his soy milk so that it is heavier and doesn't come up... since starting purees we've had a lot less difficulty, but the meds, the thickened formula and raising the head of his crib mattress has made all of the difference in the world. 

Hope this helps!

Deb

• Options
    imageclaire1983:
    I highly recommend trying a hazelwood necklace. My son used to spit up quite a bit and I was told to try them by a few people. I thought it sounded hoky so I didn't for the longest time and finally I was getting really tired of smelling like sour milk and sporting "spots" on my shoulders so I bought one for 12 bucks and it helped sooo much! They say they are also supposed to help with excema which I haven't really noticed but the reflux results have been wonderful for us!
  • Options

imageclaire1983:

I have never heard of this, where do you get them??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"