Parenting
Options

FIRST TIME MOMMY

when is it time to start potty training and preschool. i am just wondering bc my daughter is 1 yr old. i want to make sure im doing things correctly or when they are they supposed t be done. thanks for the advice

Re: FIRST TIME MOMMY

• Options

YOU'VE MISSED THE BOAT...SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN POTTY TRAINED BY NOW, AND IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED HER UP FOR PRESCHOOL, FORGET ABOUT IT....SHE'S DESTINED TO BE A DEPENDS WEARING WALMART DOOR GREETER......

• Options
    As far as potty training goes- it all depends on the child. Usually between 2-3. For preschool in my area we start at age 3 and have 2 years of it before kindergarten. HTH!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNewNameSameGame:

YOU'VE MISSED THE BOAT...SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN POTTY TRAINED BY NOW, AND IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED HER UP FOR PRESCHOOL, FORGET ABOUT IT....SHE'S DESTINED TO BE A DEPENDS WEARING WALMART DOOR GREETER......

LOL

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
  • Options
    thank you for advice. as far as the first comment...i was just asking a question. so lay off..
  • Options
    When my daughter was about 18 months she was telling us that she was pooping in her diaper.  The Pedi said we could try putting out a training toilet and see if she shows interest but definitely don't push her.  She showed interest in just sitting on the toilet so we would give her an M&M just for sitting on it because we didn't want her  to be afraid of the toilet.  Once she was closer to two, we upped the ante and gave her stickers and a cookie everytime she pooped/peed in  the  toilet.  She has pooped about 15 times and peed about twice.  We are glad she is making progress but we also know it could take another year or more for her to be trained. 
  • Options

Potty training: typically 18 months - 3.5 years.  Watch for signs of readiness and jump on that bandwagon when you see it.

Preschool: different here as JK begins the year a child turns four, so for kids that attend preschool, they are usually 3 years old.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    Both of my kids PTed at 2.5 yrs and both started/will start preschool at age 4. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNewNameSameGame:

Hey, whats wrong with being a Walmart door greeter, I am one. J/k

HaHa I love it!! Thanks for the laugh

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"